TJ09

2023-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 17th Birthday!

ok but has anyone noticed that the crystal pygmies aren't m/f dimorphic?? so what makes them red v blue then? would seem red is default, so i imagine something would need to be done to them to make them blue

Edited by kovyx

I managed to get six washed-ups from the Coast and can't wait to see them hatch! I have a soft spot for Tron as I grew up on that movie and arcade game series. :wub: 

The extended flood was nice. I've caught one of each, and will have to wait for variants and dimorphism.

I wonder if the tron one's color will be visible from the egg.

Well...I am egg-locked with 6 of the 7 new eggs!!  Looking forward to seeing what these look like.  Gonna be on the prowl for that last egg.  :)

Officially locked with one of each, with 2 from the Desert (not the wandering egg - which I saw there just now)

Really curious how these guys will turn out

1 hour ago, kovyx said:

ok but has anyone noticed that the crystal pygmies aren't m/f dimorphic?? so what makes them red v blue then? would seem red is default, so i imagine something would need to be done to them to make them blue

Not necessarily.  Nebula dragons you don't do anything to make them change color, it's just RNG.  Some dragons also change color depending on the biome they're from--Pargulus Pygmies, for example, have one egg but three colors depending on biome.  It may also be that you don't "make" them one color or the other, but like Blacks, Vines, and Undines they have a chance to be an alt color when bred and it's just RNG if you get an alt or not.

aw man, 17 years! that's amazing!

i've been on here since February 2008, but unfortunately i lost access to my old account and had to make a new one in December 2014. it was honestly really nice to have a fresh start, knowing things i know now.

A very happy birthday to Dragon Cave! I'm so excited to see what these new little guys turn into :D

THANK you to all who suggested how to catch these. 🗑️  I managed, finally, to fill my Scroll, so, for now, it's a waiting game.

The BEST people are the dragon lovers on this site!!  (y)

1 hour ago, KageSora said:

Not necessarily.  Nebula dragons you don't do anything to make them change color, it's just RNG.  Some dragons also change color depending on the biome they're from--Pargulus Pygmies, for example, have one egg but three colors depending on biome.  It may also be that you don't "make" them one color or the other, but like Blacks, Vines, and Undines they have a chance to be an alt color when bred and it's just RNG if you get an alt or not.

Yeah, it's unfortunately too soon to make any solid conclusions on how the colors work; once eggs start hatching tomorrow night and people start comparing when and what they did after catching their eggs, we'll be able to puzzle out what kind of mechanics are at work (BSA-based like Cantors and Xols, time or day-based like Moonglow/Sunbeam Drakes and Gemshards, randomly generated like Nebulas and Alcedines, or an alt sprite like Blacks and Greens as a few examples).

I hadn't logged on during the weekend as I had completely forgotten about DC's birthday. Which also means I had enough rom to pick up one of each new egg. Thanks so much for the extended flood! :wub:

Also, Happy Birthday Dragon Cave!! :lol:

5 hours ago, KageSora said:

I hope it isn't incubate, now that someone suggested it.... I hate having eggs that I can't incubate... Still, at least that would leave both of mine the same !

Super appreciate the extended release! Especially because there are so many new breeds. The birthday event is always a hoot, I can't wait to see how these turn out.

I find the theme this year really fascinating. I wonder if we'll ever get a dragon breed with overt sci-fi elements? DC has a strictly medieval setting and I do love that it stays on-theme, but it would be really fun if just once we got an unbreedable robot dragon from the future or similar. We haven't gotten any new joke breeds in a long time, something like that would be funny ...

Oh good - the desert wyrm's dimorphism IS there ! TJ has edited.

28 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Oh good - the desert wyrm's dimorphism IS there ! TJ has edited.

So we still have a red pygmy pair and a blue pygmy pair! Hmmm....

And breed count went, up, too!

Edited by random_dragon_collector

I'm betting (with sorrow) it's to do with incubate.... I HOPE it's just like nebbies.

Thank you for the extended release!! I was able to catch a pair of my current 4 favorites! I can always catch the others later :) 

The redstone does truly seem to be random, like the rifts. It was in the alpine from 7 - 8 a.m. today but was in the jungle at that time yesterday.

Happy Birthday DC!! 😀 I managed to get two pygmies and one each of the other ones and now to impatiently wait for them to hatch so I can find more eggs.  And of course I can't wait to see what they will grow up to look like. So exciting!