TJ09

2023-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 17th Birthday!

Interesting hatchlings, but one has the wrong description lol
I believe the "Matrix" egg could be based on the machines. But it obviously is not a machine, it just shares the color and multiple red "eyes". 
I still stick with my thought the "Kyber" egg is the star wars reference, especially with that dragon being sensitive to the mana (force-sensitive substitute, perhaps?) 
Dune is likely the desert one. 
Tron. 
The red stone with that description, totally has to be the star trek reference. 
No clue about the others. 

Edited by AzureZeroX

4 minutes ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

It would make sense for Hal as well, but... The Red Stone egg hatched into a little one who "loves to explore new places". If it does so boldly I'd say it has to be the Star Trek one. 😉

Or maybe it could be both. Hal was also on a scientific research trip...? I'd love a two-in-one :) And it has a gorgeous hatchie.

Happy Birthday

Really wish yhis release wasn't a huge one, but oh well. Big party, big presents i guess 

9 minutes ago, D-wing said:

jungle!

Thanks! Currently the only one I have missed so far  

Edited by Darth Krande

2 minutes ago, Darth Krande said:

Or maybe it could be both. Hal was also on a scientific research trip...? I'd love a two-in-one :) And it has a gorgeous hatchie.

That could be possible. It could be a call to both. Also your earlier comment about Yoda being possibly referenced with the "Kyber" egg and hatchling description is a good thought too, the pygmy makes so much sense for it!

1 minute ago, ShorahNagi said:

Happy Birthday

Really wish this release wasn't a huge one, but oh well. Big party, big presents i guess 

Wait till the place comes of age at 18....

8 minutes ago, AzureZeroX said:

Interesting hatchlings, but one has the wrong description lol
I believe the "Matrix" egg could be based on the machines. But it obviously is not a machine, it just shares the color and multiple red "eyes". 
I still stick with my thought the "Kyber" egg is the star wars reference, especially with that dragon being sensitive to the mana (force-sensitive substitute, perhaps?) 
Dune is likely the desert one. 
Tron. 
The red stone with that description, totally has to be the star trek reference. 
No clue about the others. 

Kyber egg is def probably gonna be what I call it until we get an official, really like the mana/force substitute idea.

Excited to see the actual Tron description.

Two of them have the same description.

"Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. Its six red eyes are always focused on movement around it."

The eggs are "This egg glows vibrantly in the dark." and "This dark egg has bright flecks that almost seem to move as they catch the light.". Just a heads up in case it wasn't pointed out. :)

The "fish follow it around" hatchling from the "washed up on the beach" egg sounds like Aquaman to me but that wouldn't match the theme. Must be Atlantis something. 

Any guess on the smooth blue egg and the hatchling who chirps when shooting fire? I'm clueless there. 

It's a nice big release and despite being a latecomer I quite enjoyed getting all the eggs from the 5-min-drops. It's awesome when everybody has place to hunt and there are eggs even for people with slower connection. 

Edited by Darth Krande

6 minutes ago, Darth Krande said:

Yes, that's what I meant when saying the hatchie's description would fit Hal/2001 as well. 😉

And I agree, having one of the dragons represent the scientific/philosophical science fiction that says "we're out here to learn about the universe, to understand the workings of it, and while we do that we'll never stop learning about ourselves and what makes us human" - that would be awesome. 

16 minutes ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

It would make sense for Hal as well, but... The Red Stone egg hatched into a little one who "loves to explore new places". If it does so boldly I'd say it has to be the Star Trek one. 😉

If its based on the Borg, the description would be hilarious 😂 technically accurate, but how I'd imagine them describing themselves in a VERY abridged history

Red stone:

0-1 coast, 1-2 forest, 2-3 volcano, 3-4 jungle, 4-5 alpine, 5-6 forest, 6-8 jungle.

It stay in jungle this hour!

7 minutes ago, bloodyneptune said:

If its based on the Borg, the description would be hilarious 😂 technically accurate, but how I'd imagine them describing themselves in a VERY abridged history

Mh, quite abridged. Probably also includes descriptions like an "inclusive cultural environment"... 🤣

35 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Wait till the place comes of age at 18....

I'm sweating and shaking just thinking about that one...

15 minutes ago, D-wing said:

Red stone:

0-1 coast, 1-2 forest, 2-3 volcano, 3-4 jungle, 4-5 alpine, 5-6 forest, 6-8 jungle.

It stay in jungle this hour!

Thank you so much!

It was a great help 🙂

So did two have same description--and we had 8 eggs?  Are 2 eggs the same breed, aka variations?  When they all hatch, you lose the eggs and get a little lost! :D 

Edited by random_dragon_collector
a

2 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

So did two have same description--and we had 8 eggs?  Are 2 eggs the same breed, aka variations?  When they all hatch, you loose the eggs and get a little lost! :D 

There was 7 different eggs, the pygmy(alpine) and the one from desert both showed 4 eggs, so probably dimorphism in adults and s2 hatchies.
I was not around before it was fixed, but apparently two eggs initially had the same description.

(edidted because typos)

Edited by Reykur

2 minutes ago, Reykur said:

There was 7 different eggs, the pygmy(alpine) and the one from desert both showed 4 eggs, so probably dimorphism in adults and s2 hatchies.
I was not around before it was fixed, but apparently two eggs initially had the same description.

(edidted because typos)

Ah, thanks!  I have read the thread, but missed that!  Thanks for letting me know--

WOOO HAPOY BDAY DC! thank you so much for making this game, tj! it’s been a massive part of my life ever since i started playing <3333

Finally got a red stone, on a 5-min-drop even, was about to wait for full hour lol. Very unsure about influencing... will we have more days to collect eggs? Can't remember how it was before, but I hope so^^

Finally got a Volcano egg - now I have one of each.

Missed seeing most of the eggs in the post, which are the two with dimorphism (gonna get an extra of one of those)?