TJ09

2023-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 17th Birthday!

A number of glitches still present:

Its ears perk up whenever a mana source draws near hatchling has two separate hatchling sprites, but both are male.

The red stone hatchling and the glows vibrantly hatchling share the same description. 

None of the breeds yet count for the Unique Breed Count, even though prior releases have always counted the egg as a new breed, even before the Encyclopedia is updated.

Is the flood still going on by any chance? These events always start when I go to sleep and I keep fearing that they end by the time I wake up, especially since people have been mentioning that floods have been shorter lately.

3 minutes ago, Ashlynnii said:

Is the flood still going on by any chance? These events always start when I go to sleep and I keep fearing that they end by the time I wake up, especially since people have been mentioning that floods have been shorter lately.

It's still going

11 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

Its ears perk up whenever a mana source draws near hatchling has two separate hatchling sprites, but both are male.

We can't really know if that's a glitch. What if there is a variant like Nebulas?

2 minutes ago, MissK. said:

We can't really know if that's a glitch. What if there is a variant like Nebulas?

True, perhaps. We will see. Just seems odd that there are male and females of both sprites at this point.

half hour of clicking only got two eggs.. it is too difficult tbh not sure i enjoy this 'game' anymore
really shouldn't be this hard to get an egg, to have to click millions of times just to say its been taken

Managed to actually remember to be here for this one, lol. So far got one of each egg, but the migrating one is proving a little harder to get. Hopefully it will be easier once it moves to another biome, Alpine is....chaotic.

3 minutes ago, Joya said:

half hour of clicking only got two eggs.. it is too difficult tbh not sure i enjoy this 'game' anymore
really shouldn't be this hard to get an egg, to have to click millions of times just to say its been taken

Your best bet to get eggs during the active release is on the hour (12, 1, 2, 3, etc.) They tend to have the longest drops, so you will have an easier time to grab them.  

But yeah, it's really hard to get eggs during the beginning of a release, especially if you miss the initial flood. Sorry about that. 

34 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

The red stone hatchling and the glows vibrantly hatchling share the same description. 

Kaini has already said that will be fixed.

23 minutes ago, MissK. said:

It does look that way, now. There's one of each sex of each type. What puzzles me more is that all the desert ones have come up female - and as there are 4 of them in TJ's post,. I'd assumed there was dimorphism...

33 minutes ago, Ashlynnii said:

It's still going! The best time to nab them is on the hourly drop; you have to use some sort of clock with a second hand though, and be there right when it starts. I am a slow catcher, and I managed to catch one of each. There are also some showing up at the five-minute drops.

11 minutes ago, Joya said:

Try on the hour; you might have better luck, although I have been seeing some eggs at the five-minute drops, which is encouraging! 

As the faster catchers get their eggs and become locked, it makes it easier for the rest of us to nab some. 

4 hours ago, AzureZeroX said:

Jurassic Park...that would make sense. How did I forget that one? It is also science fiction and would fit with the theme. Look at the blue marking on it, it reminds one of the special raptor "Blue" from the later movies. 

If that is the case then: 
Washed up/Blue hatchling - ???
Hum/Sand lover - Dune 
"Matrix Egg"/Six red eyes watching everything that moves - Matrix, the machines 
"Red Stone"/Loves traveling to new places - Star Trek and/or Hal, Space Odyssey
"Tron egg"/Incorrect description - Tron
"Blue stripe"/Chirpy hatchling - Jurassic Park 
"Kyber Egg"/Mana sensitive - Star Wars  

I forgot Jurassic Park counted as sci-fi too even with the sprite looking a lot like a small raptor. Haha. People have pointed out it could be from the second Avatar movie. Though most of these seem to be older so I'm not sure that would fit. Even if blue stripe is from the newer Jurrassics, the series started in the 90s.

Edited by Rainsparlke

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It does look that way, now. There's one of each sex of each type. What puzzles me more is that all the desert ones have come up female - and as there are 4 of them in TJ's post,. I'd assumed there was dimorphism...

It might be just a mistake, I remember something like this - all the hatchlings gendering the same way despite dimorphism - happening during some past release. That time some of them just got their gender changed eventually.

6 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Kaini has already said that will be fixed.

TJ's are often all one gender before he goes in and fixes them, aren't they?  I mean pretty regularly. :) 

Yes but I've never seen it when there IS dimorphism, so I begin to suspect there isn't ?

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yes but I've never seen it when there IS dimorphism, so I begin to suspect there isn't ?

Eh...I disagree, happens a lot, nearly every month. :) 

Got one of each, plus an extra of the "red stone" descript egg! I typically don't like when they change biomes, but hey, I got here on the hour, so figured why not?

24 minutes ago, Joya said:

As a veteran player that's been around since 2008, I can definitely understand your pain.

Releases have always been rough, and back in the day, if you missed out, there wasn't a market to fall back on, so if you missed out, you just had to pray you could find the eggs. 

I'm running on the fastest fiber optic internet available in my area, and I still had a very hard time catching mine. 

In my opinion, with drops like these, the floods should be continuous. The biomes should never be empty. Everyone who is present during the release should be able to get an egg. I fail to see the point in making it a competitive knife fight. 

8 hours ago, Rainsparlke said:

Update based on hatchie descriptions: low hum never read/seen Dune but that sounds like a sandworm to me. washed up still no clue. glows vibrantly still gonna say Tron as the description is a duplicate. bright flecks still going Matrix though maybe Bladerunner? red stone okay can we just appreciate it's description of liking to explore and the egg changes biome? blue stripe no clue. crystals now has me thinking tribbles wanting food hahah think I just have a focus on Star Trek 😜.

update update now that we have stage two and I can ask spouse their opinions 😆. "low hum" Dune sandworm. "washed up" Abyss (also we like the idea of Ponyo but doesn't quite fit the theme). "glows vibrantly" still gonna say Tron until the description glitch is fixed. "bright flecks" Matrix. "red stone" now I'm thinking Terminator again or the replicators from Stargate. "blue stripe" only thing I can think of is Jurassic Park like others but I still don't think that quite fits. "crystals" stickingn with our Kyber and fox Star Wars ideas.

1 hour ago, Neforium said:

I managed to snag a bunch of red stones when i realized there was a drop so i hope to trade them for some of the ones i know im missing.

Super excited to catch all of these new dergs! Happy Birthday, Dragon Cave! 

Hi, I accidentally got two 'low hum' from the Desert, and two 'bright flecks' from Volcano.  Contact me for trade if you want either of them, I am still in need if a 'red stone'. 

Edited by Cthulhu

I didn't even anticipate this, being my first time on here for a birthday drop, so of course I'm egg locked (and still only silver trophy anyway). Hopefully this drop lasts a while, otherwise it's the long game for me X3

20 minutes ago, Rainsparlke said:

"red stone" now I'm thinking Terminator again or the replicators from Stargate. 

I thought Terminator when I first saw the red stone one too.