TJ09

2023-04-30 - April Dragon Release

3 minutes ago, Lesh4537 said:

Has anyone considered the moon eggs are time based like the Firegems? I caught three (accidently on hubby's scroll :dry:) same biome but in different hours - the blue was from the 9am and the yellows are from 10am.

That did occur to me too....

9 hours ago, BubblesAreShiny said:

"Each four full moons for Aurax, both moons experience a lunar eclipse." from https://dragcave.net/dragonopedia/world#moons

👀

Edit: So if the phase predictor in the Moon Watch thread is correct and the "A lunar eclipse is near" message implies that the next full Aurax moon is a lunar eclipse, that would put the eclipse on May 10th? Please correct me if I'm wrong, I am not an astronomer on DC or anywhere else.

This is my theory as well

However...In the dragonpedia it states "Each four full moons for Aurax, both moons experience a lunar eclipse" which sounds to me like there is an eclipse only once every 4 months 😕

https://dragcave.net/dragonopedia/world#moons

Edited by shannecy

14 minutes ago, Lesh4537 said:

Has anyone considered the moon eggs are time based like the Firegems? I caught three (accidently on hubby's scroll :dry:) same biome but in different hours - the blue was from the 9am and the yellows are from 10am.

I caught my mixed bunch in the same drops.  That said, it's not something we can rule out entirely!  It may be that which color is more common will shift based on the moon phases or something.

55 minutes ago, LostinEcho said:

I’m afraid that silver eggs will be only abandoned on the eclipse eggs like with sapphires mechanics  😅 

I hope not, but we'll know on that front in a few days once they start hitting the AP from people who abandoned some to try for a different color.

NEW PIGMIES!!! Just after my birthday, too!  EEEE THANKS TJ!!!  *does the new pigmy dance*

ETA: Some more anecdata about lunar colours: got gold-blue-gold-blue from the forest on the hour drop.

Edited by Nootybloops

I’m happily egg locked with 4 of each of the non pygmy eggs. And since I’m not a huge fan of pygmy dragons it means more for everyone else.😋

A friend of mine tried to abandon 1 blue and 1 golden egg, no change occurred.

Late to the party^^ So it's Pygmy from jungle and the other two from forest and coast? Or from other biomes too?

Usually this is mentioned on the first page somewhere close to the top, but there's only Pygmy with sure drop info^^

Edit: So far I got 2 pygmys and then 1 blue from forest and 1 orange from coast, just a five-minute drop apart.

Edited by Su_Halcon

Every biome except the jungle drops the other one.

Tried another biome. Got another blue. Sigh.

5 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Tried another biome. Got another blue. Sigh.

Try the trading hub when they're off cooldown?  Earlier there were a bunch of people trying to swap golds for blues

Throwing in my anecdotal data that I did coast and volcano for the 12pm (eastern) drop and got 2 golds.

Excited to see what happens with this lunar eclipse!

It looks like the timing and biome (minus Jungle) doesn't matter. I caught 4 from Alpine in two of the 5min drops and ended up with 1 orange and 3 blue.

Edited by brevi

Based on observations from everyone here is my theories/conclusions (which you can take with a grain of salt if you want, I am simply spitballing).

The blue and orange are somewhere around a 50/50 (maybe closer to 60/40) chance. I don't think it actually has to do with moon phases in this case. I think it may have to do with the moons themselves. Aurax, the golden moon is larger and more prominent (and is even used for telling when the eclipse will happen according to the encyclopedia), and SEEMS to be producing more eggs than Cirion, the blue moon, which is smaller and less prominent, leading to perhaps less eggs. This is based off what I've seen in the trading hub and other users experience with grabbing eggs. 

As far as the silvers go, while I am less certain about it, I think it may be safe to assume that we will have to wait until the lunar eclipse (which we predict is on May 11th) when both moons are once again full. That being said it would be a good idea to keep a close eye on the time page to see if any text regarding the eclipse changes, since we don't know how long the eclipse will last (though I imagine it wouldn't be more than a day). 

Edited by PokeCat
spelling mistakes lmao

Do the lunars NEVER drop in the jungle ? Do we actually know that ?

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Hard to say, but I've never seen one there.  Usually when NRs drop eggs in more than one biome, you can get either from what I remember.

10 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I've been stalking the biomes since the release started. Have yet to see anything but the pygmies in the jungle. 

Nor have I - but the lunars go so fast, I thought maybe they just get snagged at once !

5 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

Just don't have the time for super fancy mechanics anymore 

I'm right with you there.  In fact, I'm rather hoping that the birthdays will start being more like holidays, with a limited number of new dragons plus some kind of activity, rather than an ever-increasing number of new dragons that you need a left-handed non-qwerty keyboard to get.

1 minute ago, JudithC said:

I'm right with you there.  In fact, I'm rather hoping that the birthdays will start being more like holidays, with a limited number of new dragons plus some kind of activity, rather than an ever-increasing number of new dragons that you need a left-handed non-qwerty keyboard to get.

That'd be nice! I spend every Halloween trying to trade for all the birthday things I've missed!

I tend to have good luck when things are dropped (just picked up blue, gold, blue, gold one right after the other!) but it balances out when it comes to breeding. 

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That did occur to me too....

It would be a little odd for two to be available at the same time, and then one to be limited. I suppose it's possible.