TJ09

2023-04-30 - April Dragon Release

1 minute ago, missy_ said:

I have two gold eggs, two silver eggs

Are they blue or silver? If they're silver, how'd you get them? No one else has seemed to be able to obtain them yet, other than TJ.

Awww, got 3 blue and no orange😔

I need to abandon my pygmy when I wait 1 more hour to get unlocked for one more try

And today I win the raffle so I lock one place with prize(

4 minutes ago, SilverShadow said:

Are they blue or silver? If they're silver, how'd you get them? No one else has seemed to be able to obtain them yet, other than TJ.

My eggs are blue. Did not mean to alarm anyone. :lol:

Massive congratulations to Mewtie and Birdz on their releases! Very happy to see another Birdz release in cave :wub:

I'm looking at this bit about Silver Lunar Heralds from the DC moon watch thread: "Silver Lunar Heralds appear if both moons are more than half full."

Since there are only two moons, a blue moon and a gold moon, I wonder if the new release silver egg will only appear if both moons are in a particular phase in relation to each other.

47 minutes ago, SilverShadow said:

It wouldn't make sense (to me) to release a color variant that can't be obtained until the next lunar eclipse.

When the Lunar Heralds were released we had to wait through the whole lunar cycle to get all the variants, so there is a precedent for it.

So far I have 3 gold and one blue and 3 pygmies. Will try for one more of something after my hydra egg hatches in a few hours. Not too worried about balancing colors right now, since I will want to end up with at least 8 of each color plus 8 pygmies.

anyone get a ton of blue? I got a ton of gold and want to color-swap 2 eggs in a trade. Please contact me or see my last post for link.

yay! thank you whoever traded me!

Edited by Arwen17

1 hour ago, KageSora said:

I have said, twice now, that I do not mean that they will all simply change into the silver color.  I mean that in this theory, TJ has three eggs because there will be 3 dragons of different colors that will be obtainable through established means.  You will be able to obtain a gold one, a blue one, and a silver one.  These will be available for viewing on your scroll at all times.  The blue and the gold will not change color into a silver.

On the night of the lunar eclipse, all three colors will have an alternate sprite.  There will be a blue sprite that looks different, a gold sprite that looks different, and a silver sprite that looks different.

I don't know how many more ways I can word this to make it clear that I am wondering if the lunar eclipse mechanic is 100% totally completely and utterly divorced from the method to obtain the silver egg and there's something unrelated about it that's special.

Ooh, yeah. I really misunderstood you on this matter. I sincerely apologize for not understanding what you meant. I tthought you were talking about a mere color change when you were talking about entirely something different. 

42 minutes ago, Mew said:

Awww, got 3 blue and no orange😔

I need to abandon my pygmy when I wait 1 more hour to get unlocked for one more try

And today I win the raffle so I lock one place with prize(

You can always wait to pick up your prize, you know. It stays in limbo and available to you till the next draw.,

7 hours ago, Syiren said:

Ahh, okay. I was about to panic and stay up all night if needed. lol. ^^; 

On another note, I wonder if anyone's managed to grab the silver one yet? If not then I wonder if the silver one can be gotten by breeding the orange and the blue together? Considering I'm guessing the blue egg is for the blue moon and the orange is for the golden? Maybe breeding them could fall into the theme of the eclipse and the silver egg is the result?

I could be totally wrong, but it's just a crazy theory. 

Yea i got the silver from coast xp

edit: never mind it’s blue

Edited by ShadowMistaken

Didn't expect a release on the last day of April!! Very excited for these guys. Got one blue and one orange so far. I'll leave a slot or two open in case the silver one only drops during the lunar eclipse or something! Very excited to see what these beauties grow up into :) 

11 minutes ago, High Lord November said:

Didn't expect a release on the last day of April!! Very excited for these guys. Got one blue and one orange so far. I'll leave a slot or two open in case the silver one only drops during the lunar eclipse or something! Very excited to see what these beauties grow up into :) 

When will it be this lunar eclipse can u tell me in how many hours from now? it’s 4pm for me 

12 hours ago, LostinEcho said:

When will it be this lunar eclipse can u tell me in how many hours from now? it’s 4pm for me 

Nobody knows for sure yet.  According to existing on-site lore, every 4th full moon for the gold moon both moons have a lunar eclipse.  The next time there's a full gold moon is on May 10th, so if that's the lunar eclipse in question then may 110h is the soonest we could see them show up.  (And then not again for another 128 days...)

However, it's possible there's lunar eclipses of the two moons individually as well that we simply haven't known about before.  If that's the case, there's no telling when it will be other than to manually check the time page to see when it says a lunar eclipse is happening.

13 hours ago, MoonlitEevee said:

Ooh, yeah. I really misunderstood you on this matter. I sincerely apologize for not understanding what you meant. I tthought you were talking about a mere color change when you were talking about entirely something different. 

Glad I finally figured out a way to make it clear XD  You're right that it wouldn't make sense to show the eggs and such if it was just a straight color swap to silver, though.  So I agree that isn't likely.  Not impossible, but wouldn't make sense given past color swap mechanics as you mentioned.

Edited by KageSora

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

Not sure what the mechanics will be for the silver egg, but it seems to be caveborn, because TJ's silver egg is from the cave. unless this has proven not to be always the case with his eggs.

That means nothing - his hybrids are always CB too.

5 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Nobody knows for sure yet.  According to existing on-site lore, every 4th full moon for the gold moon both moons have a lunar eclipse.  The next time there's a full gold moon is on May 11th, so if that's the lunar eclipse in question then may 11th is the soonest we could see them show up.  (And then not again for another 128 days...)

However, it's possible there's lunar eclipses of the two moons individually as well that we simply haven't known about before.  If that's the case, there's no telling when it will be other than to manually check the time page to see when it says a lunar eclipse is happening.

Glad I finally figured out a way to make it clear XD  You're right that it wouldn't make sense to show the eggs and such if it was just a straight color swap to silver, though.  So I agree that isn't likely.  Not impossible, but wouldn't make sense given past color swap mechanics as you mentioned.

Thank you !❤️ Newer saw the time page before 😅

3 minutes ago, LostinEcho said:

Thank you !❤️ Newer saw the time page before 😅

You're welcome!  It's one of those easily missed pages!  You can get there by clicking the where it says the current time on the site itself.  You can also get there from the "help" section, just go to the "time reference" link.  :3

12 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That means nothing - his hybrids are always CB too.

Good to know, thanks! I wasn't sure because I've never really paid attention. 

These eggs are pretty! I've got my fill of all the currently available eggs, I guess now we just wait until someone figures out what exactly the mechanics are to get the silver ones. Given that the time and date page currently says "a lunar eclipse is near", I don't imagine we'll actually be waiting until the 11th of May for them. Something more that a week in the future isn't what I would consider "near", personally... though if the silver eggs are based on a 128 day cycle between full lunar eclipses, I guess it technically could be considered so (I hope that's not the case though, that seems a bit much XD).

The pygmies seem to be getting a little overshadowed by the mystery silver variant (understandable), but I'm curious to see what they are too. The egg description intrigues me.

I’m afraid that silver eggs will be only abandoned on the eclipse eggs like with sapphires mechanics  😅 

Really excited about those new breeds! :D I love Lunar Heralds, so something that looks like potential perfect mate for them of course makes me happy, but those little pygmy guys look intriguing as well. I got lucky enough to get two blues and two oranges, so now only waiting for someone to figure out the silvers.

So far, I’ve caught x4 of the normal sized eggs (snatched from: alpine, coast, desert and forest). But all the same blue colour.

Has anyone considered the moon eggs are time based like the Firegems? I caught three (accidently on hubby's scroll :dry:) same biome but in different hours - the blue was from the 9am and the yellows are from 10am.

1 minute ago, Lesh4537 said:

Has anyone considered the moon eggs are time based like the Firegems? I caught three (accidently on hubby's scroll :dry:) same biome but in different hours - the blue was from the 9am and the yellows are from 10am.

I caught 2 at back to back 5 min drops 1 of each, so doubtful. (And I did the same on Marrtos /sigh)