TJ09

2023-04-30 - April Dragon Release

Aw heck, looks like I missed the release! Hoping I'll be able to trade for some ... The eclipse theme gets me hyped, I bet these are gonna be beautiful! Crossing my fingers for an adult sprite that goes well with Elux Lucis. >:3c

Dude why did they cute the release so short?? I was asleep and could only nab the pygmies and they seem stupid common anyways

The eggs are beautiful.

idk maybe the color you get for the moons is random (excluding grays)? I can’t remember that there’s any other egg that works like that tho. (I’ve gotten 5/5 orange so far.)

2 minutes ago, Iside said:

Is the release already over? After less then 24 hours?  :(

Afraid so. But we haven't had a 24 hour flood in a long time.

Edited by purplehaze

It's quite sad for people living in different timezone, who can only access the game once the release is already over :(

With the short time releases go on and the ever more complex mechanics to get certain eggs DC is starting to feel a lot like playing Pokemon GO does and I finally quit that two weeks ago after playing 4.5 years ... pls don't become like Pokemon, DC :(

I was lucky to fill up with new releases but I'm already having headaches about the silver variant and how to get to scroll goals with this ... honestly I don't even think we need a new release every month.

I easily got 4 of the new Pygmies, but every time I was spot on for the hourly drop, it seemed like the drop only lasted for a very few seconds!!!   When the drop appeared,  I clicked and missed the first Egg, and when I refreshed to try again, and that was IT!!!  No more Eggs in that drop...  The 5-minute drop?  Forget it!  I was lucky to even get a single chance at the Eggs when they first appeared, and then GONE!!!

7 minutes ago, Husky51 said:

I easily got 4 of the new Pygmies, but every time I was spot on for the hourly drop, it seemed like the drop only lasted for a very few seconds!!!   When the drop appeared,  I clicked and missed the first Egg, and when I refreshed to try again, and that was IT!!!  No more Eggs in that drop...  The 5-minute drop?  Forget it!  I was lucky to even get a single chance at the Eggs when they first appeared, and then GONE!!!

I didn't have that experience at all, I was searching for z-codes, and though a couple of biomes lasted about 60 seconds late this morning and early this afternoon, there was always one lunar biome that went with eggs on for 2 or 3 minutes.

47 minutes ago, marienine said:

The eggs are beautiful.

idk maybe the color you get for the moons is random (excluding grays)? I can’t remember that there’s any other egg that works like that tho. (I’ve gotten 5/5 orange so far.)

Well, there is the floret (Iris--from forest).  I'm betting on the silver being a bred only (like the florets having bred-only colors).  Whether it is as random as the floret breeding seems to be or if it is time-related (like the lunar heralds).  I've got two of the gold and two of the blue, all from the same drop time (top of an hour).

I think the gold and blue egg drops are currently random. I snagged a blue and a gold in the same biome on a five minute drop, one after the other. Other times it's the same color. One thought I had and is less likely, is how many of one color you get is linked to your scroll. Like one of the Christmas dragons, some people have the white version, the gold wing version, or the multi-color wing version. Maybe someone's scroll just gets more blue eggs and someone gets more gold, so people are forced to trade or hunt more to balance out the colors. But I think this is more unlikely. Just wanting to toss out the idea.

3 minutes ago, Maia NaViolith said:

Well, there is the floret (Iris--from forest).  I'm betting on the silver being a bred only (like the florets having bred-only colors).  Whether it is as random as the floret breeding seems to be or if it is time-related (like the lunar heralds).  I've got two of the gold and two of the blue, all from the same drop time (top of an hour).

Or like the green Spinel (i think)

and it's still going, just saw one in coast at :55 drop just now. wasted 3 of my slots on the pygmy tho, im stupid. Also abandoned my CB Tercorn because I adopted a CB false-headed hydra... It's a great time to hunt for other rares, though! My friend got an Aeon and a Stat out of the AP, as well as a CB Gemshard and Purple(iris? idk lol) Floret.

31 minutes ago, Gluria said:

With the short time releases go on and the ever more complex mechanics to get certain eggs DC is starting to feel a lot like playing Pokemon GO does and I finally quit that two weeks ago after playing 4.5 years ... pls don't become like Pokemon, DC :(

It's not as bad as Pokemon Go though, thankfully! You don't have to wait years for another chance to catch [insert legendary/regional/event pokemon here]; the new releases are still dropping, and will keep dropping. They're just mixed in with the old eggs now. There should be some showing up in the AP in a few days too.

2 minutes ago, Sanguine-Roku said:

has there ever been an eclipse before?

Seems to be a new addition to the cave lunar calendar.

Just now, Lagie said:

Seems to be a new addition to the cave lunar calendar.

wonder what it does to lunar heralds, if anything

Despite having internet that is not the greatest, and working from an Amazon Fire tablet that is limited (in part because of incompatibilities), I love these new release drops.  Thank you, TJ and artists, for giving us such a fun game without expectations of payment (although I do give a recurring monthly donation).

We all have our preferences and limitations, and getting frustrated at the game is normal when eggs are in high competition.  I'm sure most of us with more limited internet connections or time get occasionally irritated when we see others able to grab the "great" eggs before we can. But what's the solution? Fewer new eggs? That makes it less fun for many.  

I don't know why the new drops have been reduced to 16 hours, but it's the way of the game and those developing it.  The eggs are still available, and the competition for them will ease. All will be well.  While there are things I would change in this game - things that would suit my personal preferences and situation - I tell myself that my changes would likely not suit many others. We play the game under the rules of the game.  All of us. There's nothing that says we have to collect all the dragons.  

Someday I hope to have faster internet and better equipment that would allow me to grab the Stats, Golds, Silvers that I see players trading every day. But meanwhile, I have to play within my limitations. Despite that, with persistance I do pretty good. I caught a full array of new release eggs. If I can do it with my limited internet, most others could too. The eggs will come.  The game will evolve.  Despite the frustrating times, it's all part of the fun! 😁

13 minutes ago, Sanguine-Roku said:

wonder what it does to lunar heralds, if anything

I don’t think it’ll affect them. the addition of an eclipse event happening within the current lunar calendar is specific to the moon eggs, since it was added with this release. but, we’ll just have to wait and see. 

I’m happily locked with 4 of each of the moon eggies. I’ll get the pygmies later, they look like they’re going to be gorgeous. 

thanks TJ, Mewtie and Birdz ♡

can’t wait to see the adults and the chaos that will ensue when we find out how to get the third moon egg. 😅

Edited by mishhelle
I just can’t post without typos, ok?

I got 4 golds ! 0 blues, 4 pygmies, considering dropping some to try to grab more moon eggs but I do love the pygmies. Thanks to everyone who contributed !

Aw the release ended already? Well there goes my hope of getting a Blue. Was hoping it lasted all day as I was at work and only could nab the pygmy and Gold.

Don't forget you can still get them all, they're just no longer flooding.

Dang it... Looks like I lost my chance to grab same day eggs.

New eggs are already mixing in.

Where can we find them again?

Edit: Please join us in the Lunar Herald and Luminae Family Thread to see if we can figure out if the new Lunar Eclipses will affect them!

Edited by Shokomon

2 hours ago, Gluria said:

I was lucky to fill up with new releases but I'm already having headaches about the silver variant and how to get to scroll goals with this ... honestly I don't even think we need a new release every month.

Sad, I think the same. :(