TJ09

2023-04-30 - April Dragon Release

"Each four full moons for Aurax, both moons experience a lunar eclipse." from https://dragcave.net/dragonopedia/world#moons

👀

Edit: So if the phase predictor in the Moon Watch thread is correct and the "A lunar eclipse is near" message implies that the next full Aurax moon is a lunar eclipse, that would put the eclipse on May 10th? Please correct me if I'm wrong, I am not an astronomer on DC or anywhere else.

Edited by BubblesAreShiny

3 minutes ago, WestWindReborn said:

i've had to switch to using my tablet to catch eggs because the back button on my mouse is dead. 🙄

the timer says and eclipse is near. i thing the egg colors are based on the moon color and when the eclipse happens maybe the silver one will drop?

I both love and fear that idea. Love it because its clever and neat, but fear it because I'm now egg locked with 2 orange and 4 blue. And I'm not about to abandon the other two eggs I have. 

Anyone know how close the lunar eclipse is for the game?

57 minutes ago, KageSora said:

CRAP i forgot to check on the hour for a release...

Anybody know yet if the non-pygmies are biome-dependant for color?

Hope there's no special mechanic to these, otherwise I'll never get it. Been on the site since 2008 and still don't have CB metals. 

I just need 1 big egg. I have the pygmy... Why is this happening??? 

So far, such pretty eggs!

I'm looking at the lunar heralds wiki page trying to figure out the moon phases and how they'd line up. mostly i'm confused, but if the silver egg does only drop during lunar eclipses than i don't think it will drop tonight, maybe? i think it might be every other time the silver lunar heralds are available or close to it.

i haven't bothered with lunar heralds since I filled out my collection of the variants, in game days are the same as real time right? i think Aurax's forth full moon is next so theoretically the silver egg will drop days later.

Interesting mystery with this new release. I look forward to seeing how the silver moonlight egg can be obtained 

35 minutes ago, darkladyselenity said:

Hope there's no special mechanic to these, otherwise I'll never get it. Been on the site since 2008 and still don't have CB metals. 

Hopefully it's a simple mechanic, something like they're bred during a specific in-game moon period or they show up in large numbers in the cave at that time.

(My guess would be that it's a breed-only egg that will be obtainable during in-game lunar eclipses)

10 minutes ago, Arwen17 said:

Are the gold eggs more common than blue or am I just unlucky?

I got lucky and got 4 of each, the last one was literally the last egg of the hourly drop. :blink:

But I could imagine that maybe the color is moon-dependent like the Lumina are? And since Aurax is waxing and Cirion waning, the gold variant is more common? Just spitballing. Will be interesting to see if the moon phases influence all colors or only the silver variant and in what way.

I was hoping for a new release today! Eggcelent!

So far I seem to be too late every time, but I'll get my fill in the end :D

Oh, wow, these eggs are gone in a flash! I see the jungle eggs for two refreshes, but the others are already gone before I get to the next biome..... That will be an intensive hunt, I guess!

It looks like there's a gold, blue, and a pale blue egg. Is the pale blue egg random or is it a bred egg?

37 minutes ago, Arwen17 said:

I have three gold, only one blue. You're not alone ..😁

1 hour ago, Arwen17 said:

I'm getting blues. No gold yet.

Egg locked with two pygmies, and three of the orange and blue moon eggs. Kinda bummed I didn't get any of the more silvery ones :<

They're disappearing at lightning speed! Uh-oh, no chance for me, but I'm trying to not get too stressed. I guess I'll wait until most of you have grabbed yours and leave to get some sleep (it's morning here!)

Quite an exciting release, anyway. Thanks!

56 minutes ago, whitestar said:

It looks like there's a gold, blue, and a pale blue egg. Is the pale blue egg random or is it a bred egg?

Nobody's sure about that last egg yet, but there's been no reports that I've seen of it showing up in biomes so my guess is that it's bred on the in-game lunar eclipse.

so nobody has gotten the pale blue yet right? picked up multiples of the other two and the pigmy already

2 hours ago, darkladyselenity said:

you got the space on your scroll for an egg? i've got a cb gold you can have

Got 3 pygmies and 5 blues. Pretty guys :D 

3 hours ago, KageSora said:

Hm, so the color seems just totally random.  I forsee much color-swapping XD

They do remain permanently (though possibly shifting--it's possible these eggs will only be available near/during a lunar eclipse on-site?), but the flood where they're the only eggs appearing in whatever biome(s) they spawn in doesn't last forever.  If it's true that we're having a 16 hour flood, that will be fantastic for people who aren't online right now trying to grab eggs.  The quicker other eggs mix in the harder it gets to obtain them if you're not online at release time.

Oh heavens PLEASE no.....