TJ09

2023-04-30 - April Dragon Release

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Oh heavens PLEASE no.....

Yeah, that'd be a pain if it's just a brief event...  I think it's most likely, but it's a pain if that's the case.

Maybe it'll be something like the day before, of, and after?  Or two days before, day of, and two days after?  That would be better than a single day every however long between them there is...

Well, caught three from different biomes - all red....

All blue moon eggs here, 2 from forest and 2 from desert. I was hoping to be only on the lookout for the silvery ones but oh well, guess I'll trade for the golden variant ^^"

2 minutes ago, Hora said:

All blue moon eggs here, 2 from forest and 2 from desert. I was hoping to be only on the lookout for the silvery ones but oh well, guess I'll trade for the golden variant ^^"

Sound good to me - I have only reds.

Gah, going to need a colorswap for a blue. Got 3 golds and 1 blue. I'm going to drop 2 pymgies later to pick up some extra moon eggs

Okay, so we don't know exactly how the mechanics for the lunar eclipse work.  The encyclopedia only mentions an eclipse in the context of every 4 full moons for the gold one both moons have an eclipse.  The full moon for the gold one coincides with the 5th day of the silver Lunar Herald cycle.

If it's only for when both moons have their eclipse, then as there are 32 days between full moons for the gold one then that's a chance to get the egg every 128 days if it's exclusive to the dual lunar eclipse.  This is plausible, in my opinion, due to the coloring of the egg being a sort of blue-silver color and that would coincide with the silver lunar heralds.  However the strike against that is that would mean they're ridiculously limited in availability for a non-holiday dragon.  (Then again, look at Stats and CB metals.  Still, those are technically available year-round they're just hard to obtain due to rarity)

The next time there's a full moon for the gold one is May 10th, I think, so if that's the case then it may be starting the counter from that date.  Depending on how you define "soon" that would fit with the way the time page lists that there's a lunar eclipse soon.

However, there may be another mechanic in play--eclipses for the individual moons.  As that's never been relevant, to my knowledge, I don't think that's information we've ever actually had available.  Which means we likely have zero idea when the next one will happen, so we'll have to be checking regularly to determine which moon experiences an eclipse when, if that's a mechanic that's been added/is now relevant.

A secondary thought:  There may be no special mechanic for obtaining the silver one--maybe it's just a standard breed-only version.  Or maybe it'll just be coinciding with the lunar silver heralds, or something.  But maybe the dragons themselves will change appearance during the lunar eclipse.  We already have several that change based on what time of day it is (Spirit Wards, Stratos, Nocturne).  Or they may have some other mechanic, maybe they can breed multi-clutches on the eclipse or they can only breed on the eclipse.  Or have some special BSA that can only be used on the eclipse.

Basically, obtaining the silver may not be what's tied to the eclipse but some other aspect of the dragons is.

Edited by KageSora

2 golds + 3 blues for me, and 3 pygmies. 

Spitballing an idea on the silvers, aside from them likely being breeding only - how neat would it be if trading an orange for a blue caused them both to turn silver? We don't have a lot of trade mechanics outside of Cantos. 

I caught all my blue eggs on 5 minute drops (25, 05 and 35 minutes drop). The only orange I got was on minute 30. Perhaps it’s a coincidence 

Edited by -Rinikka-

2 minutes ago, Daypaw said:

Spitballing an idea on the silvers, aside from them likely being breeding only - how neat would it be if trading an orange for a blue caused them both to turn silver? We don't have a lot of trade mechanics outside of Cantos. 

That's an interesting idea, though I hope not--I dislike the idea of having more breeds we can only obtain via other players.  😕

Can someone explain why it's three eggs every five minutes instead of running them the entire hour like it use to be? I'm so tired of getting 2g mix breeds weeks later. 

2 minutes ago, weebleroxanne said:

Can someone explain why it's three eggs every five minutes instead of running them the entire hour like it use to be? I'm so tired of getting 2g mix breeds weeks later. 

They've never dropped solidly for an entire hour before (as far as I know), but sometimes it does seem like they are! It's been a while since I've seen a new release this tricky to catch, but with all new releases you get a longish drop on the hour and shorter drops on the five minute mark. It's just that these are going very quickly on the five minute drops. That said, I managed to get a few of mine in the 5 min drops, so persistence does pay off!

3 minutes ago, weebleroxanne said:

The 5min drops have been drastically smaller than the hourly drops for a long time now.  That's actually how it works all the time--it's just that it's very rare for people to snag all the eggs off the 5min drops because people usually aren't looking for them.  (The other day, however, the volcano biome spent several 5min drops being cleaned out completely.  No idea why people were doing that, but it happened)

2 minutes ago, Rickylazzaro said:

Haven't seen them so far ......

Best bet is the top of the hour, otherwise they go in like less than 30 seconds on the 5min drops.  You can grab them if you're lucky but the hourly drops are your best bet for the moment.

11 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Best bet is the top of the hour, otherwise they go in like less than 30 seconds on the 5min drops.  You can grab them if you're lucky but the hourly drops are your best bet for the moment.

😳I'll try, thanks.

36 minutes ago, KageSora said:

A secondary thought:  There may be no special mechanic for obtaining the silver one--maybe it's just a standard breed-only version.  Or maybe it'll just be coinciding with the lunar silver heralds, or something.  But maybe the dragons themselves will change appearance during the lunar eclipse.  We already have several that change based on what time of day it is (Spirit Wards, Stratos, Nocturne)

I don't see this happening. Why would TJ have a seperate silver egg if they would all just change to silver during the eclipse? He doesn't have a seperate Spirit Ward, Stratos, and Nocturne on the front pages of their debut release (iirc). I can see if it was just blue and gold and they turn silver during the eclipse but no.

15 minutes ago, MoonlitEevee said:

I don't see this happening. Why would TJ have a seperate silver egg if they would all just change to silver during the eclipse? He doesn't have a seperate Spirit Ward, Stratos, and Nocturne on the front pages of their debut release (iirc). I can see if it was just blue and gold and they turn silver during the eclipse but no.

I didn't say that that they would turn silver.  I said "There may be no special mechanic for obtaining the silver one--maybe it's just a standard breed-only version".  Please note that.  Maybe silver is just a regular old breed-only alt, or maybe they can only show up during the day, or some other long-established mechanic and nothing special.  The idea was maybe all three colors have an alternate sprite during the lunar eclipse.  Like how Nocturnes have a different sprite at night, or how Stratos and Spirit Wards change color throughout the day.  Perhaps it would have been more clear if I only listed Nocturnes as those have entirely different sprites rather than a mere color shift the way Stratos and Spirit Wards do.

Edited by KageSora

Thank goodness I remembered to check tonight. So far two pygmys, three orange/gold (volcano and forest) and 2 blues (forest and coast). Hopefully I can grab another blue somewhere. 

I thought it may switch with the turning to daytime, but it seems there's still only blue and gold varieties.

32 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Maybe silver is just a regular old breed-only alt, or maybe they can only show up during the day, or some other long-established mechanic and nothing special.  The idea was maybe all three colors have an alternate sprite during the lunar eclipse.  Like how Nocturnes have a different sprite at night, or how Stratos and Spirit Wards change color throughout the day. 

Not focusing on bred alt. Again, why would TJ have a separate egg sprite for the silvers if they were a color change change only? It wouldn't make sense 

Caught out by this release.  Been so busy in the garden at home that I didn't even notice the date - lol!  No joy at all on the 5 minute drops.  Guessing internet just isn't fast enough.  Caught 4 Blues on an hour drop - 2 Desert, 1 Forest and 1 Coast.  Anyone with an excess of Golds fancy doing a swap when they're out of cooldown?

EDIT:  Thanks for all the swap offers, everyone.  I'm sorted now (until I start looking for 2nd pairs, or the intriguing Silver 😉). Hope everyone else is as fortunate in their searching and dealing.

Edited by LadyMadonna

Ooh the silver one hatched!

Is it a lindwyrm or amphiptere? *Squints* wings or little paws?

Edited by Ripan