TJ09

2023-04-30 - April Dragon Release

1 hour ago, KageSora said:

Try the trading hub when they're off cooldown?  Earlier there were a bunch of people trying to swap golds for blues

I've just looked. Nearly all the offers I saw are looking for the third colour. And I dropped a blue and got... a blue. :P

9 hours ago, -Rinikka- said:

I caught all my blue eggs on 5 minute drops (25, 05 and 35 minutes drop). The only orange I got was on minute 30. Perhaps it’s a coincidence 

Ok, I made my husband test this. He got 2 orange eggs on a 30 minute drop, and he can’t remember at which time he got the blue one. But I caught like 4 blue eggs on 5 minutes drops. 

Oh, I just saw the release! I'm so lucky they're still flooding. The moon eggs are so beautiful, and I love the hatchies!

18 minutes ago, -Rinikka- said:

Ok, I made my husband test this. He got 2 orange eggs on a 30 minute drop, and he can’t remember at which time he got the blue one. But I caught like 4 blue eggs on 5 minutes drops. 

I got a blue and orange egg during the same 5-minute drop (:50 for those curious), so I don't think the time ending in a 0 or 5 makes any difference.

5 hours ago, LostinEcho said:

When will it be this lunar eclipse can u tell me in how many hours from now? it’s 4pm for me 

unrelated but thank you for the ND :)

1 hour ago, JudithC said:

I'm right with you there.  In fact, I'm rather hoping that the birthdays will start being more like holidays, with a limited number of new dragons plus some kind of activity, rather than an ever-increasing number of new dragons that you need a left-handed non-qwerty keyboard to get.

I hate multi egg releases for this exact reason. I've given up trying to get certain past releases just because of all the dumb stuff I have to go through to get them. 

Edited by darkladyselenity

I sorted my scroll by breed and the "moon" eggs sort between the Skywing and the Sophrosyne.  Just found it interesting and wanted to share.

Edited by ceeceeblack

So there are 3 different colors? The Gold, Blue and Grey? I wonder if the Grey is from the upcoming Lunar.

One egg popped up for me in Alpine at the 05 mark and it was gone haha. 

6 minutes ago, Aurora-Silver said:

I assume the silver is either a hybrid, a special moon phase or maybe a BSA...

If it is BSA it isn't influence, incubate, ward, or precognition.

Uh...  I know that they have to be still dropping, since the caves are empty, but none of them appeared at the 5 minute mark?  Are they supposed to be super rare or something?

~removed~

Edited by Kaini

This is horrible!

I've been trying the whole day and could only glimpse them thrice! 😰

@Lightstorm12000

They are still dropping. Well, theoretically at least. I got home 1 1/2 hours ago, and saw there was a realease. Most 5 min drops since then I didn't even see an egg, because they were gone before my first refresh went through. But now and then I saw 1 after 1st refresh, so they are there. At the full hour I managed to catch two (both golden). And my internet is quite fast.

Not the most fun realease I've had on DC, that's for sure. More's the pity, because they look beautiful, and I love moon-and-stars stuff (and interesting dragon mechanics).

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

@Lantean_Pegasus

Yeah, I figured that they were still dropping, but since it's the middle of the day, there can't be a Lunar Eclipse, so they're extremely rare right now.  We have to wait for the next eclipse, but with this being a new mechanic on the site, we don't have a schedule for when they happen, and likely won't until they're already interspersed with the rest of the hundreds of other eggs.  It looks like this is a "blink or you miss it" situation, and I blinked.

When I first found the new releases, I saw more eggs...now that more have figured out there's a release, I guess, I can't even see any.  I think I saw a glimpse of just one last time, but they must be so few and just going too fast for us ordinary mortals.  Another release that ends up just making me mad and not liking trying to collect anymore.  I dread next month...

As for colors, I got orange from Volcano and blue from Desert and Coast.  A friend got 3 orange from Volcano.  So maybe it's by location?

Most releases by now start having regular eggs mixing in, and if that happens I guess I'll just quit trying.  I get more depressed than happy here these days.  The last couple of releases were OK for me, but for most of y'all probably boring.  Good luck.

New edit - Deleting my whine....but still going to have to listen to DH complain until he decides not to waste his energy.

Edited by daba555
spelling

Got egg-locked, all Incubated. Up-side: Four of each (four pygmies, four moonies). Down-side: Only have one orange moonie, my other three ended up being blue lmao. At least I managed to get eight new eggs when it was later in the drop. I'll probably wait for them to be old enough to trade to trade for another orange, unless people figure out how to get a "Silver/Grey" one before then.

1 hour ago, Myoukin said:

I got a blue and orange egg during the same 5-minute drop (:50 for those curious), so I don't think the time ending in a 0 or 5 makes any difference.

Thank you! Figuring out the mechanics of new dragons is always fun 

Thank you for the new release. Now, if I can just grab a lunar..............  The eggs and hatchlings from the pygmies and lunars are gorgeous 😍

35 minutes ago, Lightstorm12000 said:

They did drop like a normal release. No "eclipse" has happened yet.

Edited by Kaini

😂 I'm so anxious about the silver egg~ Most thing considered, it should be an in-cave moon phase related, since "a lunar eclipse is near".

Anywho, many thanks for making me all excited for these new babies! As always, great work!

10 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

They did drop like a normal release. No "eclipse" has happened yet.

^ Doesn't seem to have happened yet!

And remember to be kind and positive, my friends - the site gives everyone the same chance, just because a drop doesn't fit your personal schedule does not mean it was something against you. And these are a permanent release, don't sweat! They'll be around.