TJ09

2023-04-30 - April Dragon Release

1 minute ago, KageSora said:

CRAP i forgot to check on the hour for a release...

Anybody know yet if the non-pygmies are biome-dependant for color?

So far I've manage to get 2 of the moon eggs. Orange from the Forest and Blue from the Coast. Haven't tried the other biomes yet.

7 minutes ago, KageSora said:

I got two from Forest, different color so far

whelp. Unfortunately this has coincided with a huge power outage and my laptop's about to give up on me 😅 I'll have to see if I can do some catching and catch up on wiki work in the morning. Happy hunting, y'all! ❤️ 🌙

Just now, Stromboli said:

whelp. Unfortunately this has coincided with a huge power outage and my laptop's about to give up on me 😅 I'll have to see if I can do some catching and catch up on wiki work in the morning. Happy hunting, y'all! ❤️ 🌙

Heard that they are gonna be here for 16 hours. Good luck to you in the morning :D

11 minutes ago, KageSora said:

I just got a blue and a gold from Volcano- in theory silver could be but that would be a very odd choice.

3 minutes ago, CuteDragons said:

Heard that they are gonna be here for 16 hours. Good luck to you in the morning :D

16 hours? What do you mean? Aren't dragon eggs usually always available after the release?

Hm, so the color seems just totally random.  I forsee much color-swapping XD

Just now, Syiren said:

16 hours? What do you mean? Aren't dragon eggs usually always available after the release?

They do remain permanently (though possibly shifting--it's possible these eggs will only be available near/during a lunar eclipse on-site?), but the flood where they're the only eggs appearing in whatever biome(s) they spawn in doesn't last forever.  If it's true that we're having a 16 hour flood, that will be fantastic for people who aren't online right now trying to grab eggs.  The quicker other eggs mix in the harder it gets to obtain them if you're not online at release time.

46 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Have you seen the upcoming lunar eclipse on the site clock?

Anyway, there's two new breeds available. Seek them out in the cave.

NEW EG- ... WAIT WHAT?

NEW LUNAR MECHANIC! 

We at the Valkemare Astronomy/Astrology Society as known as DC Moon Watch find this very exciting!

Please help us track the upcoming lunar eclipse here: 

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/170693-dc-moon-watch-and-lunar-herald-theories/#comments

Thank you for consideration and and assistance. 

And now...NEW EGGS!

8 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Hm, so the color seems just totally random.  I forsee much color-swapping XD

They do remain permanently (though possibly shifting--it's possible these eggs will only be available near/during a lunar eclipse on-site?), but the flood where they're the only eggs appearing in whatever biome(s) they spawn in doesn't last forever.  If it's true that we're having a 16 hour flood, that will be fantastic for people who aren't online right now trying to grab eggs.  The quicker other eggs mix in the harder it gets to obtain them if you're not online at release time.

Ahh, okay. I was about to panic and stay up all night if needed. lol. ^^; 

On another note, I wonder if anyone's managed to grab the silver one yet? If not then I wonder if the silver one can be gotten by breeding the orange and the blue together? Considering I'm guessing the blue egg is for the blue moon and the orange is for the golden? Maybe breeding them could fall into the theme of the eclipse and the silver egg is the result?

I could be totally wrong, but it's just a crazy theory. 

3 minutes ago, Syiren said:

On another note, I wonder if anyone's managed to grab the silver one yet? If not then I wonder if the silver one can be gotten by breeding the orange and the blue together? Considering I'm guessing the blue egg is for the blue moon and the orange is for the golden? Maybe breeding them could fall into the theme of the eclipse and the silver egg is the result?

Ohhhh, that's an interesting theory!  Or maybe it can only be bred if you breed one of the other two with a different dragon?

4 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Okay so it's not just me noticing that silver is the only one not being mentioned. Really curious as you make a good point about them matching moon colors. 

Grabbed both blue and orange from the Coast

So, to recap:

Pygmies -- Jungle exclusive

Others --  Blue and Orange seem to be from all biomes, Silver is currently unknown?

Edited by KageSora

26 minutes ago, Syiren said:

I had the same theory as you. Especially as I caught six from different Biomes and they alternated between orange and blue on my scroll.  I ended up with three of each and no silver.

Edited by ceeceeblack

Woah, the egg with the moon on it is so pretty! I wasn't sure if there was going to be a release this month, but luckily I'm not scroll-locked. I'm excited to see what the hatchlings will look like for both breeds! ♥️

15 minutes ago, Syiren said:

I may still stay up all night, I'm hopped up on espresso. XD 

Good luck everyone!

4 minutes ago, Arwen17 said:

damn these are hard to catch. Everyone is awake tonight and paying attention?

It IS a Saturday night or Sunday for most people so, weekend :D

i've had to switch to using my tablet to catch eggs because the back button on my mouse is dead. 🙄

the timer says an eclipse is near. i think the egg colors are based on the moon color and when the eclipse happens maybe the silver one will drop?

edit:spelling

Edited by WestWindReborn

2 minutes ago, WestWindReborn said:

the timer says and eclipse is near. i thing the egg colors are based on the moon color and when the eclipse happens maybe the silver one will drop?

That's a thought, too!

1 minute ago, WestWindReborn said:

i've had to switch to using my tablet to catch eggs because the back button on my mouse is dead. 🙄

the timer says and eclipse is near. i thing the egg colors are based on the moon color and when the eclipse happens maybe the silver one will drop?

OMG!!! I hope so!!! this is mind-numbingly crazy..trying to get that silver eggy!!! other then that they are so pretty!!

:nyan: Ty also TJ & spriters for these special eggs!! love them!!!💜