TJ09

2023-04-30 - April Dragon Release

Just now, Shokomon said:

Where can we find them again?

Pygmies are in the jungle. I'm pretty sure the others are in all the other biomes. I know they are in Alpine, Forest, and Volcano for sure.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

Pygmies are in the jungle. I'm pretty sure the others are in all the other biomes. I know they are in Alpine, Forest, and Volcano for sure.

Thank You!

I kept picking up Blues xD. Ended up trading 2 blues for golds. Have 2 of each new release now, had drop a gold shimmer egg though to keep from being egg locked for trade.

I missed the release... Time to go hide in my shame hole 💀

There are still new eggs dropping, though not as often as last night.  I just got a new Jungle egg.  Yeah, that one is common, and it's probably harder to find the others, but I'm sure they're still dropping.  So, don't lose hope. 

I missed the release. Managed to get the pygmy ones easily, but I've spent the last three hours trying to get a moon egg. No luck so far. Some 5min drops I don't even see them, and when I do, I'm not fast enough to get one. Sigh. I am losing hope. 

56 minutes ago, greycat said:

I've spent the last three hours trying to get a moon egg. No luck so far.

Ahh.  I haven't tried to get more moon eggs, so I didn't know it was so hard.  It was pretty difficult to get them when I started last night at the beginning of the drop, as well, so i guess that makes sense.  Even the 5 minute drops were only about 1 minute.  But maybe you'll be able to get them on one of the gifting sites or something.  Hope so.  Good luck.

48 minutes ago, Jennie said:

Ahh.  I haven't tried to get more moon eggs, so I didn't know it was so hard.  It was pretty difficult to get them when I started last night at the beginning of the drop, as well, so i guess that makes sense.  Even the 5 minute drops were only about 1 minute.  But maybe you'll be able to get them on one of the gifting sites or something.  Hope so.  Good luck.

Let's also not forget about the Market. I know it's not ideal for some, but it's an option. 

6 minutes ago, Halo--Cat said:

missed the drop, anyone have tips on how to get either breeds?

pygmy's in the jungle, the other egg is in all biomes (except maybe jungle? idk) and you randomly get either the blue/gold egg, although the moon phases affect which color egg is more abundant at the time, while we haven't figured out how to get the silver egg variant yet 

9 hours ago, Camilo543HF said:

unrelated but thank you for the ND :)

You are welcome 🤗❤️

4 hours ago, Rosedamai said:

pygmy's in the jungle, the other egg is in all biomes (except maybe jungle? idk) and you randomly get either the blue/gold egg, although the moon phases affect which color egg is more abundant at the time, while we haven't figured out how to get the silver egg variant yet 

thank you- whats the description for the eggs tho?

Wait, when I went to the Coast to grab a moon egg previously it turned out to be blue, but the one I just caught from the Coast is gold now. I don't mind too much since I want to get two caveborn pairs of each eventually, but I'm a little confused.

EDIT I suppose after reading back a few pages, it's probably simply more randomized that I thought. I recall on one of the first few pages, someone said they got a blue egg from the Coast, so I assumed the variants were set to certain biomes.

Edited by Rhikasa

4 minutes ago, Rhikasa said:

Wait, when I went to the Coast to grab a moon egg previously it turned out to be blue, but the one I just caught from the Coast is gold now. I don't mind too much since I want to get two caveborn pairs of each eventually, but I'm a little confused.

It seems like gold/blue are random, but there's something more to get silver(that to my knowledge no-one's discovered)

1 minute ago, lucky15371 said:

It seems like gold/blue are random, but there's something more to get silver(that to my knowledge no-one's discovered)

Thanks for clarifying. The last time I checked the forums, I did notice that we still hadn't figured out the silver egg mechanics yet, but I'm excited to see how that one works eventually. I hope it's not too complicated to obtain them.

45 minutes ago, Halo--Cat said:

thank you- whats the description for the eggs tho?

This egg glows with the light of the moon.

Shadows flicker wildly around this diminutive egg. (For Pygmy) 

Thank you artists, Birdzgoboom and Mewtie! The pygmy is absolutely lovely and very pygmy! And a lunar dragon is an awesome idea and can't wait for the adults! And thanks TJ and everybody for the whole incredible completely free game running since what, 2008 - new dragons to get practically every month, plus all kinds of fun events on holidays. If one misses one release or it is a hard one to figure out or competition for eggs is fierce, well, it's a game? All relevant info about a release is always already in the first post announcing the release - and there's always the Current release wiki page which is pretty quickly updated with info and with also "rumors", if any. And if the puzzle of a release is harder than normally, well, somebody will eventually anyway solve it and post on this forum, thank you guys too! Just scroll the topic.

My blues and golds were completely random, and for the silver I'm waiting for the lunar eclipse some kindly soul has calculated will take place on the 11th, and anyway in the first post there's the link to the encyclopedia where the lunar eclipse no doubt will also be announced, as it now says it's "near".

1 hour ago, Rosedamai said:

although the moon phases affect which color egg is more abundant at the time, while we haven't figured out how to get the silver egg variant yet 

Has that been determined for sure yet, or is that just the current theory?

3 hours ago, Jennie said:

Thankyou, I managed to trade something I bred for one, so now have a lone blue moon egg, yay🙂

I  haven't seen any moon eggs in recent drops. I think I'll probably end up buying them from the market. 

13 minutes ago, greycat said:

Thankyou, I managed to trade something I bred for one, so now have a lone blue moon egg, yay🙂

Yay!  I'm happy for you.  I keep forgetting about the market.  The market is great.  Maybe they won't be too expensive. 

If it's true that the switch to silver will happen on an eclipse on May 11th then I really don't think the clock ought to be saying "A lunar eclipse is near" almost two whole weeks in advance.

4 minutes ago, Ripan said:

If it's true that the switch to silver will happen on an eclipse on May 11th then I really don't think the clock ought to be saying "A lunar eclipse is near" almost two whole weeks in advance.

It is possibly that the "a lunar eclipse is near" line is there to let you know that this breed can be found in the cave.

I haven't done the sleuthing or the math to figure out how often eclipses happen in Valkemare but having a couple weeks notice for an eclipse would be nice if there is a breed/variant that can only be found on the eclipse.

Throwing it out there; maybe the silver doesn't have anything to do with the eclipse at all. Maybe it does follow the current pattern of the lunar heralds and this irregularity is just some New Release day hijinks.

Let's see on May 2nd if we can only catch golds, and the silvers come on May 7th.

Since we don't have a bronze one maybe that's like Sunday for Gemshards - anything/only blue and gold.

Or Eclipse is the singular special day when all three can be found in the cave.

2 hours ago, KageSora said:

Has that been determined for sure yet, or is that just the current theory?

oops, thought it was determined for sure, but searched a bit harder and seems like that's a theory rather than sth that's been proven. Sorry!