TJ09

2023-04-30 - April Dragon Release

So far I have not gotten any moon eggs  hopefully they will mingle more soon

A question - has anyone seen any NR after the flood, except the Pygmies?

The Pygmies are still appearing pretty often, much like Algarre form last time, but I haven't seen any moon egg for the past several 5 min shuffles or the hourly drop.

Doesn't help that the moon eggs are split between several biomes while the pygmies are only in one 😅

I've not seen a single one of the moon egg, although it doesn't help I completely missed the initial flood. Seen plenty of the pygmy, but not a single moon one, even on the hourly drops.

I'll probably just wait until people drop the eggs into the AP and grab some then. I got 2 pygmy, but no moon - I forgot about the monthly release.

21 hours ago, ravensunset said:

Judging from the trades up alone, gold seems to be somewhat more common

I wouldn't bet on the trades giving you a proper impression. They'll typically skew one way or another, for a simple reason: The moment someone posts up golds to get blues, someone who has blues and wants to swap for golds offers on that trade, but someone who wants to swap golds to get blues will make a new trade. (The people who are offering blue trades will be the ones that didn't search first (or that have specific wishes, like e.g. z-codes).)

Checking the fan sites and counting eggs there might give you a clearer picture, if you're looking for one! ^_^

I think pinkgothic has great points here, and I remember seeing discussion in discord, and the reports seem to be pretty random at the initial first hours of the flood. 

I'm not sure about the noon-afternoon flood though, and the sporadic moon eggs since. I just snatched another moon egg, turns out to be orange (personally it looks more orange than gold to me), and I'll probably check a few moon eggs through view if I see any.

Edited by CuteDragons

12 minutes ago, CuteDragons said:

I think pinkgothic has great points here, and I remember seeing discussion in discord, and the reports seem to be pretty random at the initial first hours of the flood. 

I'm not sure about the noon-afternoon flood though, and the sporadic moon eggs since. I just snatched another moon egg, turns out to be orange (personally it looks more orange than gold to me), and I'll probably check a few moon eggs through view if I see any.

In the beginning there were definitely very mixed results because drops seemed to be random and could vary, but by now there is no doubt that after the flood was over there have only been gold/orange eggs dropping. There have been 0 reports of blue eggs today, and myself and others have checked dozens that popped up in the cave, all gold. So clearly there will be some system where they alternate, probably based on the moon.

20 minutes ago, MissK. said:

In the beginning there were definitely very mixed results because drops seemed to be random and could vary, but by now there is no doubt that after the flood was over there have only been gold/orange eggs dropping. There have been 0 reports of blue eggs today, and myself and others have checked dozens that popped up in the cave, all gold. So clearly there will be some system where they alternate, probably based on the moon.

Thanks for the confirmation! That totally makes sense and I'm glad that I didn't toss my blue NR. Hopefully we'll see them again soon.

18 minutes ago, MissK. said:

My theory is that which egg is more common will probably be dependent on which moon is waxing.  If they're both waxing then they'll probably appear in similar mixed ratios.

Wonfer if they'll basically disappear entirely when both Moons are waning?

It may just be that they become extremely rare but not impossible to find.

I imagine we'll have better data once people get them grown up and can experiment with breeding at different moon phases to see if they're genuinely exclusive or just drastically less common.

21 hours ago, LostinEcho said:

This egg glows with the light of the moon.

Shadows flicker wildly around this diminutive egg. (For Pygmy) 

thank you so much.

Does anyone know if any of the usual egg BSAs affect the eggs to get the silver variant? I don't think earthquake does as I've seen hatchlings in trades already, and gender influence didn't seem to change mine. I'm afraid to try the others though

21 minutes ago, Draco_Sicarius said:

Does anyone know if any of the usual egg BSAs affect the eggs to get the silver variant? I don't think earthquake does as I've seen hatchlings in trades already, and gender influence didn't seem to change mine. I'm afraid to try the others though

Can confirm that Influence, Incubate, Ward, and Precognition don't have any change on the egg itself.  Nor does Teleport.

51 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Can confirm that Influence, Incubate, Ward, and Precognition don't have any change on the egg itself.  Nor does Teleport.

Abandoning doesn't affect it either (friend of mine dropped a gold moon to the AP)

The colors of the moons are gold and blue, and there's an eclipse coming up.  Would assume those correspond to eggs colors?

So... when is the eclipse?

Edited by Raziella

37 minutes ago, Raziella said:

So... when is the eclipse?

That is yet to be discovered. One of the current theories is May 10 8pm cave time to May 11 8pm cave time. Keep an eye out at https://dragcave.net/help/time under moon phase

11 minutes ago, shannecy said:

That is yet to be discovered. One of the current theories is May 10 8pm cave time to May 11 8pm cave time. Keep an eye out at https://dragcave.net/help/time under moon phase

I think that's an amazing idea.

Are all the ones currently being released orange, and if so, does it have it because the orange moon Aurax is waxing? 

Are there any thoughts on what happens when they're both waning and during new moons?  

7 minutes ago, Mystic_Halo said:

I think that's an amazing idea.

Are all the ones currently being released orange, and if so, does it have it because the orange moon Aurax is waxing? 

Are there any thoughts on what happens when they're both waning and during new moons?  

It's an interesting idea, but the problem is those eclipses would be 128 days apart.  That'd be extremely limited time to grab a non-holiday dragon.  I'm hoping there's more to it than that.

We don't know for sure if they're showing up more because the gold moon is waxing, but that seems to be the prevailing theory--it makes the most sense, after all!

My personal guess would be something like this:

• Depending on the color of the waxing moon, that color egg will show up more (possibly exclusively).
  • If both moons are waxing, the eggs will be more common in general but both colors will show up somewhat equally.
  • If both moons are waning, the eggs will become more rare in general but both colors will show up somewhat equally
  • Full moon would be peak availability
  • New moon would be either no availability or they'd be extremely rare.

But that's all just theory.  We probably won't know for sure until several cycles have passed and we can be sure of observations.  (Since they're so new, things may be a little harder to pin down right now)

17 minutes ago, KageSora said:

It's an interesting idea, but the problem is those eclipses would be 128 days apart.  That'd be extremely limited time to grab a non-holiday dragon.  I'm hoping there's more to it than that.

We don't know for sure if they're showing up more because the gold moon is waxing, but that seems to be the prevailing theory--it makes the most sense, after all!

My personal guess would be something like this:

• Depending on the color of the waxing moon, that color egg will show up more (possibly exclusively).
  • If both moons are waxing, the eggs will be more common in general but both colors will show up somewhat equally.
  • If both moons are waning, the eggs will become more rare in general but both colors will show up somewhat equally
  • Full moon would be peak availability
  • New moon would be either no availability or they'd be extremely rare.

But that's all just theory.  We probably won't know for sure until several cycles have passed and we can be sure of observations.  (Since they're so new, things may be a little harder to pin down right now)

I agree with your guess on how the orange and blue colors will play out.  

As for the silver ones, TJ wanted us to know that lunar eclipse is near and showed us an egg that didn't come from the cave, like it's a hybrid or an alt.   I think it at least sounds like it's meant to be very rare egg.  I hope it's not that rare, but at the moment that does seem to be what the clues are leading us to. 

I wonder how the theories will actually play out.

Edited by Mystic_Halo

30 minutes ago, Mystic_Halo said:

As for the silver ones, TJ wanted us to know that lunar eclipse is near and showed us an egg that didn't come from the cave, like it's a hybrid or an alt.   I think it at least sounds like it's meant to be very rare egg.  I hope it's not that rare, but at the moment that does seem to be what the clues are leading us to.

Depends, though--the lunar eclipse might not be how you get the silver egg.  There are some dragons that change their appearance based on time, so it's possible that the lunar eclipse will make all three of them look different.  Or maybe they'll have some special BSA that's only available during the lunar eclipse.  Basically, there's multiple different ways the eclipse could be involved with the dragons other than just being how you get the silver one!

1 hour ago, KageSora said:

Depends, though--the lunar eclipse might not be how you get the silver egg.  There are some dragons that change their appearance based on time, so it's possible that the lunar eclipse will make all three of them look different.  Or maybe they'll have some special BSA that's only available during the lunar eclipse.  Basically, there's multiple different ways the eclipse could be involved with the dragons other than just being how you get the silver one!

That's a really cool theory.

45 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

I'm going to laugh if all you have to do is breed the two colors!  :D 

Sort of like the Black dragon alts, maybe?

On 4/30/2023 at 12:01 AM, birdzgoboom said:

Ohhhhh yay new dragon day! Good luck all!

I know I'm enjoying trying to figure out they work.  I'm looking forward to seeing the adult sprites, too.  Nice work, these are really cool!

Edited by Mystic_Halo