TJ09

2023-04-09 - Festival of Eggs

I keep meaning to submit something for these. Next year! Or I mean I could prepare for Trick or Treat!! 

Is the snail egg a reference to the Tumblr polls race because that would be incredibly cute ^^ 

Like a flowerpot blockhead, I just now realized we can also collect previous years so I'll definitely have to be more actively refreshing pages. 😆

Edited by Sinsdaemn

3 hours ago, pegasi1978 said:

Finished mine about an hour ago. Already have all the old one so nothing new to collect. Maybe my chrome browser will stop crashing on my phone now. It wasn't liking something with the eggs this year.

Huh I was having my chrome browser on my phone crash too. I thought there was something wrong with my phone. I even uninstalled all updates and reinstalled them for chrome. I was thinking it may have been because of the internet in the hotel I'm at or that something was wrong with my phone. Hoping it IS the eggs doing it so it'll stop. I don't have the funds to buy a new phone :P

I have collected all the eggs now though :D I still think my favorite is the LoTR one. Though everyone did a spectacular job as always :D I enjoyed being able to recognize the references (like the LoTR egg and the Shin Megami Tensei one.) I also enjoyed reading about what the eggs I didn't recognize were inspired by!

On 4/10/2023 at 5:20 PM, cabuso said:

That was me, glad you like it! I had to do it given that my username comes from there too :)

Loved your Jack Frost egg.  I'm a big MegaTen fan, happy to see more MegaTen love!

Well, my submission this year is the following.

Spoiler

34CBjrh.png - Gilded Relic of Ancient Fortune from Sea of Thieves.

We could say that the game in question is one of the very few games that I play from first person view. I may not be great in PvP really, but hey... at least I know how to fix stuff and prevent further disaster. But my friends do occasionally wonder what kind of monster they created once I stopped hugging the mast up at the crow's nest.

Admittedly, I'm not overly proud of the one that got in and it definitely does no justice to the treasure in the game, but apparently there seemed to be problem with original one. So... here is the original, feel free to use in your signatures either the static or animated one. Yes... this was supposed to be first one I submit as animated one, but alas, such was not meant to be... To that I was prepared for rejection, but static... not so much. But I've gotten over my disappointment and at the very least you guys get to enjoy it in another way.

Spoiler

Static: MuFDwiX.png - Animated: UuaXAWU.gif

Got all of this year's (also, that Technoblade egg? Ow, my heart [love it though]) and am now trying to finish the second year. Doubt I'll be able to finish both second and forst year but I'm gonna try dang it.

There's a Magalor egg! It took me a moment to recognise it even if I just got in a Kirby and Magalor pouch. I love this egg.

2 hours ago, Moonlightelf said:

Hide contents

We could say that the game in question is one of the very few games that I play from first person view. I may not be great in PvP really, but hey... at least I know how to fix stuff and prevent further disaster. But my friends do occasionally wonder what kind of monster they created once I stopped hugging the mast up at the crow's nest.

Admittedly, I'm not overly proud of the one that got in and it definitely does no justice to the treasure in the game, but apparently there seemed to be problem with original one. So... here is the original, feel free to use in your signatures either the static or animated one. Yes... this was supposed to be first one I submit as animated one, but alas, such was not meant to be... To that I was prepared for rejection, but static... not so much. But I've gotten over my disappointment and at the very least you guys get to enjoy it in another way.

Hide contents

Both versions are beautiful! Thank you for sharing the animated one :D

2 hours ago, Moonlightelf said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

If they didn't contact you about it being static, you might have had a host issue like I did. A lot of hosts only show the first frame of APNGs.

2 hours ago, Guillotine said:

If they didn't contact you about it being static, you might have had a host issue like I did. A lot of hosts only show the first frame of APNGs.

Provided both static and animated one upon submission, plus mine is GIF.

It's truly amazing to see the unending creativity here. You people and the things that you keep coming up with make me happy 🥰

It was really cool to submit an egg this year and I was so excited when my egg popped up!

Spoiler

Na na na na na na na na   1r2g4u5.png  !

Kind of sad this only happens once per year, the eggs are so well done. I'm collecting the 2022 eggs that I missed and the art is just as good as this year's eggs.

48/57 ... 9 more to go!  (if I've done my math right, that is. XP )

Scratch that...49/57, 8 more to go...I just got a tree...egg...treegg?

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

Kinda almost forgot about this this year, only just started collecting. Is it my imagination or are the eggs showing up faster this year? It used to take something like 5-10 minutes between each one.

Just now, HeatherMarie said:

Kinda almost forgot about this this year, only just started collecting. Is it my imagination or are the eggs showing up faster this year? It used to take something like 5-10 minutes between each one.

It seems to vary between 5 minutes and 15.

Ive twice had a second popup as soon i collected one. So, quite possibly faster. Especially as I always seem to have 15 mins on the dot in years past. 🤷‍♀️

I got all the egg for this year and 2022! I'm still on the hunt for the others!
I hope i can go all back to the 2010 ones before the event end,that would be epic!
There so many great eggs out there!! mine was weak in comparaison,ahah 😬

On 4/11/2023 at 12:39 AM, rabbithaver said:

this one HAS to be a Chaurus egg from Skyrim. right? like, look at it.

Reveal hidden contents

ngp687.png

image.png.8defdfb25f03abad1a397fc4359e9425.png

it is!! I'm the artist of this egg :3

I have honestly been so happy and honored that my submission was accepted! 

On 4/11/2023 at 3:31 AM, yieldy said:

And mine is a clicker kind of egg, inspired by the Last of Us😅:

Hide contents

wxz1g.png

I thought that was a The Last of Us reference. Glad I spotted one for once! Most of the references go over my head, haha...

I'm curious, does anyone know if the E G egg is referencing something specific or...?

Spoiler

This one:

s11jey.gif

11 hours ago, MyrrhDarkwing said:

There's a Magalor egg! It took me a moment to recognise it even if I just got in a Kirby and Magalor pouch. I love this egg.

Thank you! :) He's my favorite character and Return to Dream Land Deluxe just released a couple months ago so it felt like the perfect time to submit that Egg!
I bought that pouch too and I'm still waiting for it to arrive in the mail 🥲

1 hour ago, MissK. said:

I'm curious, does anyone know if the E G egg is referencing something specific or...?

Reveal hidden contents

This one:

s11jey.gif

As far as we know it's just a recurring artist who submits pretty rainbow eggs every year! EG seems to be their signature.

Edited by Dragonalassa

On 4/11/2023 at 8:31 AM, yieldy said:

And mine is a clicker kind of egg, inspired by the Last of Us😅:

Reveal hidden contents

wxz1g.png

Ah! No idea about the Last of Us, but this is the one that reminds me of a Neglected egg with a rose on the top!  I love Neglecteds!

I just finished 2014 and refreshing for 2013.

These eggs are so cool this yer! The snail and wren of the non-reference sort and the quintesson and the mushroom egg from the 'know your fandom' category are maybe the best. 

Edited by Darth Krande