TJ09

2023-04-09 - Festival of Eggs

I love this event, tbh it would be really cool to make an egg for next year's event, I don't know if random users can just submit them to be approved (that would be awesome) or if you have to be an official artist though (edit: thank you @Caelest and @Lagie )

Edited by bord

33 minutes ago, bord said:

I love this event, tbh it would be really cool to make an egg for next year's event, I don't know if random users can just submit them to be approved (that would be awesome) or if you have to be an official artist though

You don't need to be official. It was my first submission of anything for this event.

53 minutes ago, bord said:

I love this event, tbh it would be really cool to make an egg for next year's event, I don't know if random users can just submit them to be approved (that would be awesome) or if you have to be an official artist though

There's usually a News thread asking for submissions a few weeks ahead of time. Like here.

OMG I hadn't noticed I am missing so many years of eggs🥲 Got a lot of clicking to do for the next few days.

Got all of this years eggies, so pretty, thank you all for your hard work.

Happy Easter!! 
My submission was the Behelit XD  I am very happy to participate this year!!

Spoiler

ryiSl4F.gif

Congratulations artists, all the eggs are amazing! ❤️

6 minutes ago, VioletWhirlwind said:

opps...nearly forgot about this...at least I only missed the first day (and a half).

I only missed a half-day, then spent time at a relatives home for Easter Dinner, Then lost time while repairs were being made at my house and dozing off...  now only need 2 more 'EasterEggs'...

Thanks All Spriters and TJ 

6 hours ago, rabbithaver said:

i've only seen the first season of The Dragon Prince, but i'm pretty sure this egg is Azymondias!

13yrkcs.gif

You would be correct :)

Very close to having them all, currently at 48 eggs found for 2023. :) Edit: Got em' all!

Edited by Thorn4

My fav eggs this year ^_^:

Spoiler

x8thjj.png96m9n.gif7k2bx1.gif12uwicw.gifx03cro.giffbsgss.gif12stanu.png

They are all amazing though! ❤️
And mine is a clicker kind of egg, inspired by the Last of Us😅:

Spoiler

wxz1g.png

Edited by yieldy

Golly there are so MANY wonderful eggs - as this is my first year there's no way I'll have time to get all the way back to 2010 (probably not even halfway, just got through 2022's eggs a minute ago and I'd even gotten a bit of extra time because I got off work early) but I'm floored at some of these designs, especially how many elaborate animations and fun references there are! Next year I'll definitely give myself more time to make a more thought-out egg.

Edited by Amaruuk

8 hours ago, Guillotine said:

The white egg is mine, and an Exalted TTRPG refrence! It was meant to be animated, but there was a compatibility issue with my host that i didn't catch in time--it should shift from the starting full moon frame on-site to a purple egg with a crescent moon, then to a blue starry egg with a black circle outlined in silver to represent a new moon, then back to the full moon. The colors and shapes are all ones associated with the Lunar Exalted.

Sounds beautiful!

I finished collecting all the ones from this year and have now moved on to the ones I'm missing from 2011. There were a lot of amazing eggs this year, these are my faves:

Spoiler

7k2bx1.gif.3167731ab7a77d6d715ef1a50884ac3d.gif  12uwicw.gif.45878921cded5ab40e6cc58ccc404867.gif  fbsgss.gif.346b289b32d700b5797032d16c7d8b8d.gif  1r2g4u5.png.f7e550e4a3821c152553a46a01536a74.png  3gpcao.png.4ebc0fd72026df75374c69b96098acb6.png  5x5zau.png.05f59bb84a03489011b598594372d1ca.png  19cor9s.png.0b2e792127893e9a75b07b5689a0d367.png

Thank you to everyone involved in this years egg hunt! ♥️

Edited by Rhikasa

Anyone else not realize the snail changes color? As the 2nd or 3rd I picked up I don't even have the excuse of only just getting it. Lol.

My first was the quintessen. 

To whoever made this: I love your bird! So.utterly.cute! :wub: I want an army!

Spoiler

96m9n.gif   Zaunkönig ❤️ (I really have no idea about the english name, but I'm sure it's not "fence-king" :D )

16 hours ago, ValidEmotions said:

👀 is this a Dragon Tale reference? Omg I love itimage.png.8a406bd5977a05a40b31656be8420bab.png

I wondered the same, but I haven't seen the artist claim it yet!

4 hours ago, Magellan said:

To whoever made this: I love your bird! So.utterly.cute! :wub: I want an army!

Hide contents

96m9n.gif   Zaunkönig ❤️ (I really have no idea about the english name, but I'm sure it's not "fence-king" :D )

It's a wren,. I had no idea that was its German name - that's WONDERFUL ! thank you for making me look it up !

Finished mine about an hour ago. Already have all the old one so nothing new to collect. Maybe my chrome browser will stop crashing on my phone now. It wasn't liking something with the eggs this year.

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It's a wren,. I had no idea that was its German name - that's WONDERFUL ! thank you for making me look it up !

And in Finnish it's peukaloinen 'thumbling'. 🐦

The egg is adorable! One of my favourites this year, for sure.

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

ouh, thanks for educating me ! I'm glad my language could provide a smile^^
My best guess for our name is, that this tiny bird despite its petite frame truly sings with the loudness of a king-sized bird and lives in our gardens, preferably in hedges that often function as natural "fences" between neighbouring plots.

My other favourite bird name would be Wintergoldhähnchen :) Hahn would be a male chicken, but since the bird is too small for a real Hahn, it gets called the cute/tiny version aka Hähnchen.

@Tiira that's also awfully cute and fitting! Thanks for sharing :)

Apologies for going a bit offtopic, dear Mods. Won't do it again >.< It's just.. birbs ❤️