TJ09

2023-04-09 - Festival of Eggs

2 hours ago, Dragonalassa said:

As far as we know it's just a recurring artist who submits pretty rainbow eggs every year! EG seems to be their signature.

Ohh okay thanks! It looked vaguely familiar so I was wondering if it was a reference, but maybe it just made me think of the previous egg(s) subconsciously.

I am one of those who misses the references for the eggs, too. Some of them are obviously drawn from some specific source, but I couldn't tell you what. Others are cute or interesting eggs, but I don't know if that is all they are, or if there is more behind them.

It doesn't matter. :D I enjoy them for what I can see and the amazing skill of the artists!

The snail and the wren are two of my favorites this time. I still have a few more to collect because I have been a little slow this week. Also, it seems the eggs are appearing all the way at the bottom of the pages, so it is easy to miss them (even on the short pages) if I don't remember to look or if I don't realize that it is time for another to generate. I seem to remember that they were more in-your-face in the past.

5 hours ago, MissK. said:

I'm curious, does anyone know if the E G egg is referencing something specific or...?

Reveal hidden contents

This one:

s11jey.gif

Screenshot_20200413-021609_Discord.jpg

😁

hey guys! I could be wrong but (egg spoilers below)

Spoiler

is this the googly eye from everything everywhere all at once? lol

vkkyrz.gif

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Who is the memorial egg for?

Somebody Minecraft related. It's in a previous post.

Loved all the eggs form this year, my favorites were Stringbean and the tribute egg to Technoblade cause Technoblade will never die according to my 13-year-old.

Gottan 57 so far. I love the Technoblade one and the Death one from Puss In Boots: The Last Wish. (that movie was epic lol)

furby one is terrifying

@ the artist(s) who made the chimimo, jack frost and little buddy eggs, I love you♥

I think a collection list was just added on our basket pages, it's calling me out for how many eggs I've missed since 2010 though haha. 😝

Whoever suggested to add the completion bar for the festival of eggs page, I love you! Thank you so much for adding this!!!

I love the addition of the collection meter. Now I don’t have to keep a list else where or guesstimate. Thank you. 💕 

The eggs are lovely. Lots of references I recognize. Can’t wait to show my other half who will notice what I noticed and more!

728B462C-3BD1-431E-ACD0-A91398AC7FC6.png

Just came here to say THANK YOU for adding the completion bar for the egg festival, TJ! This is going to make collecting SO MUCH EASIER! :D

I swear, every year there are eggs that I catch and go "haven't you always been here?" They feel so nostalgic and familiar, but they're completely new... I wonder if we're stuck in a time loop.

Anyway, congrats to everyone who got in!

Oh. My. GoN.

That completion list.

Never knew I needed something so bad. Sure I've only got 18 eggs left to collect from the first year, but now that I can see thag without needing to count means that I can confirm that I WILL be able to finally have all the years complete.

Thank you TJ and whomever else might have had a hand in it getting added.

the completion list made me so happy cause for a long time i only had exactly one egg and i didn't know what year it was from
post your stats!

image.png.2120b41c0adb88e172dc15f6de4a0cff.png

Is the checklist at the top of the Easter Basket new?  I don't remember seeing it before.  And I've missed more than I thought.  2022, 2021, and 2013 completely, and 2019 54/62, 2017 40 of 56, and 2011 51 out of 53.

There is no way I'm going to finish this this year.  LOL  I'll do what I can, though.

5 hours ago, Pinksafire said:

hey guys! I could be wrong but (egg spoilers below)

Hide contents

is this the googly eye from everything everywhere all at once? lol

vkkyrz.gif

No, it's a motif of my mascot (she's in my avatar). This being my first year I didn't give myself much time and didn't know what had been done already so no references X3

ALSO, making my way through 2020's eggs now, and I really appreciate the counter graph at the top with the timings, too. I was working off a screen grab of an earlier post to see how many eggs I needed/could get away with cramming into this week, but this is easier. Again, absolutely loving the creativity of all the eggs and the (admittedly limited) references I get. I always enjoy a good borb, too!

Edited by Amaruuk

While the collection bar is useful, is there a way to hide it? Or have it on a different page so I don't see it when I want to look at the pretty eggs? It's a little demoralizing if one doesn't have the time or doesn't desire to go for full completion, because it's very top and center!

Edited by Sunvera

19 hours ago, Thorn4 said:

Kind of sad this only happens once per year, the eggs are so well done. I'm collecting the 2022 eggs that I missed and the art is just as good as this year's eggs.

You can collect them back to 2010.

Throwing my praises in with those commenting on the ease and comfort of having an in game tracker to the Festival of Egg Collecting ^^ 

With this, I can clearly see I had a 4 year gap from 2017 and was actually diligent enough to collect all the pretties for 2011 and 2012~

Thank you for the in-game tracker of the Easter eggs! I now see I've completely missed a few years and I've only got a few years complete. Time for some more egg hunting :)

So happy to see the tracker, no more going back through forum posts and wiki entries to see how many I still need for each year! Any chance of having one for trick-or-treat basket page?