TJ09

2023-04-09 - Festival of Eggs

I love the egg counter. I think it looks nicer on mobile with the dividers above and below it, but since it has been said it's only visible during the event, I'm really not concerned with how it looks at all.

Screenshot_20230415-165500.png

19464ji.gif.7b3af64fbf78021ea9fcfc055aa7a538.gif I literally gasped finding this one, whoever keeps making the anime eggs please make more next year haha 😃

10 minutes ago, -Rinikka- said:

Is it over? I thought we had one more day. The counter is gone too

lol I was wondering the same, I assume it's an accident. 

I had 2 or 3 left to get before I was all caught up! I, too, thought we had one more day! *sads* The first post says a full week (which technically would be tonight), but then it also says when the time changes to the 17th. :( So I hope it's an accident??? I want those last few!! XD

8 minutes ago, -Rinikka- said:

Is it over? I thought we had one more day. The counter is gone too

Yeah?  I know it was posted on the ninth, and we were told we'd have a full week.  But the date did say the 17th as well, so ...

If it stays like this, ending on the 16th at 00:00, I will not quite finish grabbing my missed ones.  I was most of the way, needing 11 more?  But that's still better than I EXPECTED to get, so it's all good.

With the wording I thought I had until tomorrow. Guess I’ll be another year chasing after that Unicorn egg that got away back in 2011. 

I did kind of wonder why the event started on a weekend day, but then ended on a week day. The eggs were all nice, but I really appreciated that egg counter. I finally got Nuregami from Okami!

I wasn't paying attention to the wording, just the date. Well darn, had 8 left to get.

I specifically checked the date early Saturday to see how much time was left. Unhappy it was a day less than posted.

Spent the week down with COVID and didn't get much of a chance to collect.

Edited by ciarhwyfar

but... the date says... 

The event will run for a full week, ending April 17 at 00:00 ET.

... right? 

well... next year. lol... at least I did manage to complete this years hunt. :D

It's not April 17th yet, we do still have another day. Currently 12:56am for me on April 16th, 2023.

2am of April 16th for me and I'm missing 4 eggs 😕

I thought we had another day to go. Bummer

I see the counter... but not any eggs. It's easier for me, though - considering I'm nowhere near "done", a day doesn't really make much of a difference :D

Oof, I didn't pay any attention to a "week" from the post date - with the weird timezone differences, it's too hard to work out anyway - and spent all morning focussing on (Greek) family Easter preparations, since I was going by the date of the 17th. Unfortunate typo, but at least I got all of 2023's treats! There's always next year to continue catching up on things I missed in the past :3

I wish there was a way to view the site's date! I know there's a section for the time but like everyone else I thought there was an extra day, which I'm bummed about.

10 minutes ago, Survlio said:

I wish there was a way to view the site's date! I know there's a section for the time but like everyone else I thought there was an extra day, which I'm bummed about.

I think most people thought we were going to have an extra day :c

The funny thing is that according to the time zone listed in the first post, we are supposed to have an extra day.

Okay so wait, the first post DID say the 17th, I *know* it did, but now it says the 16th? That's kinda crappy, to change the date on the post and not even say anything about it. We were all counting on one more day because it *said* the 17th. Not cool.

I definitely remember the post saying the 17th...what gives? Its not fair to rob everyone of ab extra egg hunting day!

Oh wow, so I wasn't the only one who remembered the event ending on the 17th? 😮 I, too, specifically checked the date a few days back just in case and I thought I had one more day (today is the only "free" day I had all week). A bit disappointed with the mix-up.

One day I WILL get that potato egg from 2011, (which I stayed until like, 4 AM for and got, but then lost due to the site bug/progress reset).

Shame it's not gonna be this year, but oh well. This thing has been on my mind for over a decade, so what's one more year, eh? ;D

Edited by Gryphites

This was what I remembered the whole time.... I warned someone early on that when TJ says 00:00 it means the very beginning of the day; after a lot of people misunderstood, he did start putting (e.g.)" April 15 at 23;59" - I wish he still did that.

On 4/9/2023 at 5:02 AM, TJ09 said:

This year's Festival of Eggs has arrived! Eggs created by members of the Dragon Cave community just for the event will pop up in random spots on the site. Click on them and they'll go in your basket. Once you've collected all 57 of this year's eggs, you'll be able to grab any eggs from previous years you don't have yet.

The event will run for a full week, ending April 16 at 00:00 ET.

Enjoy!

Edited by Fuzzbucket

35 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Okay so wait, the first post DID say the 17th, I *know* it did, but now it says the 16th? That's kinda crappy, to change the date on the post and not even say anything about it. We were all counting on one more day because it *said* the 17th. Not cool.

17 minutes ago, Gryphites said:

Oh wow, so I wasn't the only one who remembered the event ending on the 17th? 😮

It DID say the 17th. What gives? Why the silent change? I don't understand the last minute change in dates here without it being clarified by anyone at all, and obviously someone had to at least change the original post. Internet Archive has archived on the 10th saying that the event ends on the 17th. I've also attached it as an image, as seen below.

date of event changed.png

Edited by Survlio

Oh wow.... I stand corrected. I must have just been muttering about the 00:00 bit.