TJ09

2023-04-09 - Festival of Eggs

@TJ09 - can you please comment here ? We need to know for future event planning !

Ah, so I'm not the only one who's stumped... I just refreshed my page so often that it died on me because I thought my phone was at fault.

I was mistaken too as i though i had an extra day too.

The event runned for a full week (7 days) from sunday to saturday. Like it is stated i would also think 16th is included but i guess the post means from 15th to 16th at 00.00 the eggs stop. 

To bad :( i'll have to wait till next year to complete the years i was on hiatus (2017-2019)

Yup,we all remenbered the correct date,but got this surprise instead.
Well...gotta wait for next year then!
Still,what a strange turn of events 🤨

Just for the record since nobody else said it (I think), TJ confirmed on discord that the date was wrong in the first post, and the event was meant to last 7 days. 

1 hour ago, MissK. said:

Just for the record since nobody else said it (I think), TJ confirmed on discord that the date was wrong in the first post, and the event was meant to last 7 days. 

Like so many here - I do NOT touch discord - it would be good if he had announced it here too. I know it;'s the "official" discord - but this is surely the absolutely official site for news.

I’m just going to throw this out there…for holiday events…because of the different time zones…neopets has things set up so that the first day of the event is actually a day and a half to give everyone a chance to be able to participate on EVERY day of the event without missing out on any bonus items that one would get at the end for getting each item on its day instead of getting one day’s item on the following day.Maybe TJ can do something along those lines so that ALL of us can have a better chance of collecting ALL of the items during dragcave events?

If the event started on the 9th, we should have had all of the 16th to hunt, otherwise it was 6 days to hunt, not a full week.

6 hours ago, Gryphites said:

One day I WILL get that potato egg from 2011, (which I stayed until like, 4 AM for and got, but then lost due to the site bug/progress reset).

Shame it's not gonna be this year, but oh well. This thing has been on my mind for over a decade, so what's one more year, eh? ;D

I remember that glitch. The first egg I got that year was the Unicorn. Then the glitch happen and I lost it. Didn’t get it back. Kinda set a tone for me- get what you get don’t worry about getting them all. 
Two years ago I started collecting past eggs because I wanted that one egg. Then my friend died who I played with so I barely touched DC last year. This year I was struggling with health issues but still I pushed and pushed and still no Unicorn egg. Now I gotta remember next year. 

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Like so many here - I do NOT touch discord - it would be good if he had announced it here too. I know it;'s the "official" discord - but this is surely the absolutely official site for news.

2 hours ago, Shin'a'in said:

Not everyone is on discord. I don’t bother with discord/facebook/twitter/ect so I DEFINITELY didn’t see/read that. THAT is why it’d be REALLY COOL of TJ if he let us know HERE as well.

I agree, that's why I said it since a lot of people don't use discord. 

Edited by MissK.

It would seem logical to post here, especially as he had to come here to change the date in the first post.

Very disappointed the date was changed. I didn't get close to finishing bc i thought i had another day which was my only day off to play. Why end it before the weekend was over? Low man...

Taking a good long break from this bc of how this was handled.

Edited by mainstage

On 4/9/2023 at 12:02 AM, TJ09 said:

This year's Festival of Eggs has arrived! Eggs created by members of the Dragon Cave community just for the event will pop up in random spots on the site. Click on them and they'll go in your basket. Once you've collected all 57 of this year's eggs, you'll be able to grab any eggs from previous years you don't have yet.

The event will run for a full week, ending April 16 at 00:00 ET.

Enjoy!

It was a great event, but we all definitely saw "ending April 17 at 00:00 ET" until yesterday :(

I was able to collect this year's and last year's eggs, but I was REALLY hoping to also get at least some more 2021 eggs if not finish them today.

Also, I strongly dislike keeping my discord up and running because notifications are obnoxious. Something like this just frustrates me, I don't want to join the discord server just to be salty.

Edited by bord

I’m rather disappointed too. I’m on vacation and have limited computer time, so I was expecting to have an extra day to collect eggs. 

Oh wow, the date was changed. It’s disappointing, as others, I planned to have one more day. What a bitter taste to finish the event with 

My official grade for the final hours of this year’s easter egg hunt is….the ending = TOTAL FAIL! We can only HOPE that next year’s is more CLEARLY explained as far as the ACTUAL time frame in which to successfully complete the event. :(

I thought I had today too, but that's cool. I got all the eggs from 2021 and then some of 2020. So I'm good.

That said, posting about the date being wrong would have been nice, since I never have my discord open after some drama last year on there. 

The event will run for a full week, ending April 16 at 00:00 ET.

It was supposed to be seven days as usual. Thank you all for your submissions and for participating! :)

Additionally, a general warning that the first rule of the forum is to respect others. This includes site staff. Name-calling will not be tolerated. Disappointment is fine, rudeness is not.

Consider downloading discord - if not, that is your choice to miss out on 'unofficial' chat. It isn't staff's responsibility as to what apps you decide to use or not. Calling the discord community names or putting down those that choose to use it is also not tolerated.

Be kind to each other. We can all do better.

Edited by Kaini