TJ09

2022-07-03 - July Dragon Release

Aaaah those adults - I LOVE them!! Especially the brown and the firey one :D

Thanks TJ and spriters!! ❤️

The adult False-Heads are absolutely stunning.

I can't say I'm particularly a fan of pygmies but I do love these.  A pygmy that is a bird of prey and looks like one. I adore it's head and eyes, and the hatchies are so, so cute.  Beautiful!

The adults are pretty and I love the different colors, but for some reason they all look very pixelated to me for some reason? 

Edit: It luckily goes away when I click on them :) 

Edited by JuulXhorse

the pygmy hatchies... my god, that thing is LITTLE. I love the sprites ^_^

These are all so stunning, wow. I always like a new pygmy, but it's nice to see two-headed dragons get so much variety, too. I imagine we'll see a lot of Scourgekeeper pairings soon. I just hope it doesn't take me too long to catch up with my scroll goals. I've been pretty lucky so far, but I need 8 CBs of each variety, so it won't be quick.

I am totally in favor of longer floods so that all time zones get an equal shot at new releases. More egg slots would be amazing, too. (But please, make it an even number, and preferably a multiple of 8!)

I was a day late for this release, and I've yet to catch a hydra 😕. I managed to get some of the gorgeous pygmies. 

I was two days late for the birthday releases (being in Australia, I was distracted by the federal election that happened the same weekend), but I managed to get eight of each new dragon relatively easily over the next week or two. 

I've been hunting for as many hourly and five minutes drops as I can manage, and still can't get a hydra. 

Even though I have arthritis, I have quick reflexes, and have played for many years. These new eggs are impossible, as bad as trying to get a gold or silver for me. I'm giving up. It's just too painful to keep trying. 

I've seen the occasional one, but it's impossible to catch them. Playing on my phone, which is slightly faster than my old pc was.  It really would help having a longer flood for new releases. It does seem like there are fewer of these eggs than the birthday ones, but it's probably just because people are still trying to catch the variants, so they go very fast. 

29 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

I just hope it doesn't take me too long to catch up with my scroll goals. I've been pretty lucky so far, but I need 8 CBs of each variety, so it won't be quick.

I am in exactly the same position. I expect this to take a long time. I just recently got the last I needed of the 2nd round of Xenos (except for the Stat which I am sure I will NEVER have 8 of!). I still don't have all I need of the newest Gemshards and almost all of the ones I do have were market buys.

I would support a 24 hour flood, but nothing like the holiday floods of up to 3 days. I think that would take almost all of the challenge out of the game and make it really boring for many people. The holiday floods happen because that is your ONLY chance to get the CBs of those breeds, but other permanent breeds can be acquired later. I wouldn't mind a longer flood for myself, because I am a breeder and it would let me get done with collecting and on with breeding. But for those who only collect one or two of each sprite and don't breed for lineages or anything there would be no challenge at all to the game and they would most likely quickly lose interest.

19 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You're missing the point - I think. If you have catastrophic arthritis and can barely click; if you are partially sighted - NOTHING TJ can do to the game will ever make you able to hunt like you and I can. The same goes for crap dial-up internet, which I used to try and play with - I almost never caught new releases when I started out. By the time the page loaded, all the eggs on it had gone. If the connection didn't drop first. The store means people with issues that TJ can never fix can play along with those of us who can hunt in the "normal" way. I think it's great. Its existence doesn't mean the fundamental mechanic is wrong.

Okay, a store is a great thing for a minority of players - fair point. Yet, the store wasn't introduced for the sake those players - at least I highly doubt it was. It's a band-aid so people can acquire things they should be able to get via gameplay, but don't. I can't imagine the store would have been introduced if non-impaired players still would be able to get their stuff. In that way, I will view the store as a failure of the game, regardless of the benefits it has. Only a few people would require the store if they could go to the cave and catch their stuff.

I played through Halloween 2008 and Valentine 2009 and a couple of years after that on dial-up, btw, so I know what it's like. Even back then, with the lagmonster in the single cave, it was way easier for me to get everything then it is today. After the - hidden - release, I have not seen a Staterae in the cave. Ever.

Have the False-heads been added to the market yet? Or do I need to click on more eggs and hatchlings to unlock them? I've been unable to catch any in the biomes, so my hopes are on the market!

They will hit the market when they hit the encyclopaedia - which they haven't yet.

A new release??? And such a big one too??? Why are the news posts not made easily noticeable on site (especially mobile)?? 

I feel like there should be a banner that stays until manually removed/the next update is posted. I *was* online 3 days ago to put my eggs in hatcheries and I've lost this just because I happened to not check? The date too is so wacky, I was checking for updates the whole of last week... 😕

I only noticed because I misckiled on one of the pigmies otherwise I'd be going for my 5th RPG set!

Needless to say, as much as I love the sprite work on both breeds, I'm*very* disappointed.

I don't want to sound too mean but is there really a reason why there's such poor communication regarding new releases? Did the whole Staterae thing not ring a bell? /Gen

Please understand that this issue can't be solved with a "it's always been like this, just don't play the game if you don't like it"-reply, it happens at every release.

43 minutes ago, Maladjust said:

Have the False-heads been added to the market yet? Or do I need to click on more eggs and hatchlings to unlock them? I've been unable to catch any in the biomes, so my hopes are on the market!

22 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

They will hit the market when they hit the encyclopaedia - which they haven't yet.

And they are usually added to the encyclopedia when players begin to get adults. So, another 8 hours or so at least. Probably some time tomorrow.

43 minutes ago, Hora said:

A new release??? And such a big one too??? Why are the news posts not made easily noticeable on site (especially mobile)?? 

I feel like there should be a banner that stays until manually removed/the next update is posted. I *was* online 3 days ago to put my eggs in hatcheries and I've lost this just because I happened to not check? The date too is so wacky, I was checking for updates the whole of last week... 😕

I only noticed because I misckiled on one of the pigmies otherwise I'd be going for my 5th RPG set!

Needless to say, as much as I love the sprite work on both breeds, I'm*very* disappointed.

I don't want to sound too mean but is there really a reason why there's such poor communication regarding new releases? Did the whole Staterae thing not ring a bell? /Gen

Please understand that this issue can't be solved with a "it's always been like this, just don't play the game if you don't like it"-reply, it happens at every release.

This isn't really a solution per se, but if you join the official discord, there's an annoucement channel that's easier to check. I think you can even turn on mobile notifs for it? I know what you mean though, news updates are easily seen on the desktop site and much more hidden on mobile.

Edited by Hallownest

You can also follow the news forum, and then you get an email notifying you of new threads.

1 hour ago, Hora said:

You can see it from the first page of dragcave as well.

It is always a good idea to check there at least once a day.

Or you can turn on notifications on the news section and get an email whenever a new topic has been started.

image.png

Well, it's a good thing I managed to get one of each on 7.3 because I have not seen a single one since. Wow.

I have seen a couple of them, but they're definitely only there on a 'blink and you'll miss it' basis.

4 hours ago, Hora said:

The notification is literally right under the map.... 

Screenshot_20220708-083345_Samsung Internet.jpg

I went through 8 pages in the Trading Hub earlier today. No False-Headed Hydra eggs, only hatchlings from release day. 

Man, you stop paying attention for one week, and you miss out on so much...

Very cool release anyway, I look forward to gathering these slowly haha.

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I went through 8 pages in the Trading Hub earlier today. No False-Headed Hydra eggs, only hatchlings from release day. 

They are dropping still as I have a misclick from trying to grab one in the Coast.I've seen several today, but by the time I clicked, someone else had gotten them. They are out there, just snagged really fast. XD

The new dragons look amazing! If I had known the False Headed-Hydra ones would be so difficult to find now, I would have abandoned that one extra pygmy egg I caught plus the other random common egg on my scroll at the time to get one from the jungle and volcano. New release drops tend to last longer which is why I wasn’t too worried about getting them right away within those first few hours. I usually like to get at least one CB pair of each new release, but it looks like that might not be possible, at least not for a long while it seems as I’m quite bad at catching hard to find eggs in the cave.

Edited by Rhikasa

Seeing the first user-owned adults in hatcheries, and the hydra looks even more awesome seeing them stand out against the other things in the hatcheries.