TJ09

2022-04-17 - Festival of Eggs

18 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

You will get the banner once you have an egg of the previous year.

so when I have a 2015 egg, I'll get the 2016 banner?

I have 7 more eggs from 2011 and I'll finally be all caught up to present day! Its super exciting to realize I'll finally be able to have all the eggs I missed during previous years :) Forgot I was missing years so left it a bit late. Realized late on the 21st (like at 9pm est) and had 16 of 2011, 20 of 2014, and all of years 2012 and 2013 to get to catch up. Not to mention at that point I was /still/ collecting this years! I got 4 hours of sleep total but I'm nearly there!

I have so many I like this year but my favorites I think are to be the Hive and the little dragon that flies out of the egg.

I have 32/60 of the year I'm currently catching. (2016)

I think I have all of 2015 so I'll know I completed this year's share of catching-up if I get a 2014 egg. I won't be able to get all the previous years, but it's nice to have made progress AND had some real life Easter as well. Hopefully next year I'd be able to reach 2012 although I'm not sure I will complete it. 

Love it!  So many fantastic eggs (I especially adore the sunset egg, the shallow water egg, & the beehive egg, but they're all lovely) and I also think this is the perfect number - I've caught them all, and had some time left to catch up a little on 2019's eggs when I missed almost the whole event. 

Thank you, TJ & egg-makers!

I've finally caught up to the very first year of eggs. Fingers crossed I can complete it before time runs out!! 

This has been a great event. I loved all of this year's artwork (especially the trans egg, the eggsecute eggs, the beehive egg, and the chicken egg), and it's been such a treat getting to re-live older years' eggs. So much beautiful art! 

Whelp finally found all this year and a few of 2020 lol it's gonna be a decade at least before I can get them all lol...

yessss I finally got all years finished! Was so happy when I found out we could catch up with past years, but only realized quite late last year. So crazy catch up time this year. Was much fun to look at all the great pixelwork. ❤️

Good luck to everyone who is not done to get as much finished as possible in the last few hours!

To whoever made the trans flag egg - I LOVE YOU 💙 💗🤍💗💙

Edited by Wahya

46 minutes ago, Wahya said:

To whoever made the trans flag egg - I LOVE YOU 💙 💗🤍💗💙

That one made me smile so much. 

It's so great to see people being able to collect past years eggs to complete their collection, I wasn't missing any but that really is a great feature.

Just one question: how many eggs were there in 2010 and 2011? I can't find any more. :(

On 4/21/2022 at 2:17 PM, Moonlightelf said:

Here's a list on how many there are in each year.

2010 - 38

2011 - 53

2012 - 42

2013 - 51

2014 - 55

2015 - 62

2016 - 60

2017 - 56

2018 - 54

2019 - 62

2020 - 60

2021 - 60

2022 - 49

Hope that helps.

How many eggs were there in 2020? Not a very good year for me.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

Hope that helps.

Thank you!

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much. I am calm now. I have them all.  Nice.

I really super appreciated the seven day run so I had a chance to catch all of the ones from this year, and also catch up on some past years. While I didn't get them all, having the extra time allows me to have an adult life and still catch current and catch up for future events, and that makes this one and future ones a lot more enjoyable. And if something weird happens where I miss something in the future, I know I can catch it next go round, and that is comforting and fun. 

I think there are a lot of other players also appreciate having that reassurance vs. freaking out that they may or may not have missed out on collecting things, since that is one of the primary goals in this game. And I love seeing the Community, new and established artists, do fun art sprites and have releases and have their celebration and introduce a lot of what will be future contributors and spriters and growing artists.

Appreciate all the Eggs This year, they are always fun and lovely and, even when I miss the reference - I get to learn new things and everyone enjoys watching new and newer people getting to participate in the arts.

Not sure how much longer the thread will stay open, but I wanted to say thanks to everyone who made the event another enjoyable experience. Artists, spriters, mods, etc. thank you. I loved many of the eggs during the event, but a few of my fav will be listed below.

Spoiler

h204su.png.8bb9c3f00a00265203393f4fff615ddc.png 2b5o5q.png.f1b0b50adc3c8fa0d432254235902bb6.png 75dp6l.gif.b319796678aaf56d4178bc5321596938.gif 1fbbflr.gif.686615d6a153483758dcfd820a210a78.gif 9d3gpu.gif.86782186bb64b0c7053847c826c66156.gif 96n6ny.gif.23611c48bcdd922b595035d64b52277c.gif 1g0jeuz.gif.c853d7563b2f6aad84ac3494f4c7a755.gif1xdwkb9.png.857e3738acfbd4b8aac6042d0ed772ab.png

There's more, but those in my top favs. 

Hopefully, by Easter time next year - I'll be fully caught up on past FoE events. Only have the first two years of the event left to go now.

Anyhow, thank you TJ and spriters for another fun event.

Oh this was fun!! I am glad though we get the chance to catch up on the older collections. A couple of years I worked Easter Day itself and the day before and after so collecting was not an option. The last couple of years have helped me catch up to those years! Thank you so much for the extra/eggstra time. Yeah, I had to toss a pun in there. *place a few dollars into the pun jar* Hope everyone got to enjoy!

Thank you TJ and spriters for another awesome FoE! So much beautiful artwork.

Just gonna slide this thread into the chat one last time before this wraps up, for any egg artists that would like to share what they made (and maybe what it means) :D 

Thanks for another wonderful year of FoE, can't wait until next year.

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this event. It just amazes me the amount of talent that is represented here.

I am really glad to see all the people who missed previous events being able to catch up with the rest of us. I have never missed any of the eggs, but it is comforting to know that if something came up that kept me from getting them I would get another chance another year.