TJ09

2022-04-17 - Festival of Eggs

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

This one: 

14utbgv.gif 

That one's cute!

39 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

My vote is that's Toothless! :) 

I agree with you guys. A stuffed Toothless came into my thrift shop and the colouring on it matches this colouring, so my vote's on Toothless, too. ;)

And even if it's not, it's still cute!

There are so many beautiful and clever ones each year! Thank you to all the spriters, and TJ who makes this all possible.

49 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I wish the list would get up on the wiki... I'd quite like to LEARN about some of the allusions I've read about !

It's in progress on the Currently Being Released article, where we always stage ongoing events and releases.

I just managed to finish collecting all the 2021 eggs! Hopefully I can also catch all the 2020 eggs before the event ends :) 

50 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

It's in progress on the Currently Being Released article, where we always stage ongoing events and releases.

Thank you !

9 hours ago, Kyuu Cross said:

To the artist who did the "Tutorial" egg aka this one 1qqtzkz.gif that is pretty cool and that helps me with pixel stuff 

That's mine! XD  

21 hours ago, Eggy0 said:

Also, I'm the spriter of the black egg with the red "eye" - it's probably familiar because it's in fact a reference to a piece of media. That being said, I want to wait until near the end of the event or until someone guesses it before I confirm what the reference is :)

If it's the egg i am thinking of, is it a health potion by chance? (that's what I see when I look at it)

29 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

If it's the egg i am thinking of, is it a health potion by chance? (that's what I see when I look at it)

Not a health potion I'm afraid. If it helps, it's more of a symbol or motive, basically a stylized O. I'd be super happy if anyone can guess the name of the media the O is from before I reveal it in a few days xD

5 minutes ago, Eggy0 said:

Not a health potion I'm afraid. If it helps, it's more of a symbol or motive, basically a stylized O. I'd be super happy if anyone can guess the name of the media the O is from before I reveal it in a few days xD

Ok so my next guess would be the Opera browser logo or the Occulus Vr logo...but I feel like that's way off the mark lol

2 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Ok so my next guess would be the Opera browser logo or the Occulus Vr logo...but I feel like that's way off the mark lol

Yeah those are very different from my egg xD

Hint: It's from an old TV show, at least a decade old by now. Think this'll be the only hint I'll provide because I don't wanna spoil the answer so early lol

14utbgv.gif
It seems my egg has caused a bit of a stir, it's sorta several things! 
It was originally going to be a frog's tadpole with wings morphing to adult with the body being the egg, then changed my mind and wanted it to be coming from an egg.
Then decided i'd rather it a salamander's tadpole because haha salamander, fire, dragons, and scraped legs since they were too small and cramped with the wings and gills to be worth the annoyance to make look good.
Then remembered "oh hey axolotls are a thing", which is where the color came from as I like the dark axy morphs, and a darker one was my also first axy way back. It was originally supposed to have spots as well but I couldn't make them look nice enough to want to include them, which would have made it look a lot more axolotl-y.
Though I did realize when submitting that it could look like "if toothless was a tadpole" and figured people who like those movies would get a kick out of it too. So it can definitely be both!

8 hours ago, Starbit said:

FINALLY!

awuhsk.gif.c3dc7946cad4645aeae37c007bb94ec0.gif

This is my egg, inspired by one of my favourite streamers Ranboo. He's been a huge part of me and my partner's life and I met him last month and he's just such a sweet guy. He has a black/white theme and his minecraft skin wears a crown with red and green gems - the quote in question is because he sounded like another streamer, Technoblade, who wears a crown so he added one saying 'if the crown fits, wear it!'

Eua40VTU4AM3Oih.jpg.63b1e70292a3e9aef1d40f90cec0915e.jpg

A FELLOW BOO- 

Yeah, I'm not going to finish the last part of that word. Pretty sure that's a bannable offense ahah. Anyway, I love the egg!! Legit made my day :D

33 minutes ago, Crowsfold said:

14utbgv.gif
It was originally going to be a frog's tadpole with wings morphing to adult with the body being the egg, then changed my mind and wanted it to be coming from an egg.
Then decided i'd rather it a salamander's tadpole because haha salamander, fire, dragons, and scraped legs since they were too small and cramped with the wings and gills to be worth the annoyance to make look good.
Then remembered "oh hey axolotls are a thing", which is where the color came from as I like the dark axy morphs, and a darker one was my also first axy way back. It was originally supposed to have spots as well but I couldn't make them look nice enough to want to include them, which would have made it look a lot more axolotl-y.
Though I did realize when submitting that it could look like "if toothless was a tadpole" and figured people who like those movies would get a kick out of it too. So it can definitely be both!

It remains my favourite  Thanks for it ! And it seems Toothless was inspired by an axy. 

Axolotls are actually the larval form of the Mexican salamander. https://moviecultists.com/was-toothless-based-on-an-axolotl

1 hour ago, Eggy0 said:

Yeah those are very different from my egg xD

Hint: It's from an old TV show, at least a decade old by now. Think this'll be the only hint I'll provide because I don't wanna spoil the answer so early lol

ok, final guess: Dog the Bounty Hunter? (If not, I'll give up and let someone else guess lol)

18 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

ok, final guess: Dog the Bounty Hunter? (If not, I'll give up and let someone else guess lol)

Unfortunately not it, in fact I've never even heard of that show xD The O from that is rather far off from my egg haha

16 minutes ago, Eggy0 said:

Unfortunately not it, in fact I've never even heard of that show xD The O from that is rather far off from my egg haha

Uh... Hellsing Ultimate? **wild shrugging**

Edited by Dragon Mage

17 minutes ago, Eggy0 said:

I'm rather curious myself and, since it's not a vinyl record, I'm gonna make a likely far-off guess and say: Wishbone? Granted, the outer o in the title is more purple than it is black, but it still has the white and red.

20 minutes ago, Eggy0 said:

I'll throw in House of Anubis.

3 minutes ago, ValidEmotions said:

I'm rather curious myself and, since it's not a vinyl record, I'm gonna make a likely far-off guess and say: Wishbone? Granted, the outer o in the title is more purple than it is black, but it still has the white and red.

Wishbone? XD Loved that show!

3 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

That's mine! XD  

Good job then!!! Maybe for Halloween I can submit a nice design. 

edit: to avoid double posting, finally got all all 2022 eggs and 2021, now working on 2020

Edited by Kyuu Cross

1 hour ago, Crowsfold said:

14utbgv.gif

Well thanks - it is anyway my favorite, could really my be all time favorite. It's simple but intelligent and cute!

On 4/18/2022 at 9:37 AM, Eggy0 said:

You're not crazy at all. It said 50, but one egg was removed due to an issue. The spriter of that one said they tried to resubmit it after addressing said issue.

Also, I'm the spriter of the black egg with the red "eye" - it's probably familiar because it's in fact a reference to a piece of media. That being said, I want to wait until near the end of the event or until someone guesses it before I confirm what the reference is :)

Your egg reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist 

Right! Got all the eggs from this year~ Time to time travel I guess! lol

Afraid it's none of those, but really interesting guesses! The show my egg is referencing is not something mainstream like House of Anubis for example, but anyone who's seen it would probably be able to make the connection quite easily :)

Also, I've been thinking long and hard about my favorites from this year and I've made up my mind:

Spoiler

bafdeh.gif1h019tm.gifqxv6hu.gif1fbbflr.gif

I have completed the set this year. I do not get the allusions, but I loved all the eggs. Thank you to all the spriters and TJ.

I am looking forward to completing the collections from previous years.

4 hours ago, Eggy0 said:

Ugh, my brain saw it and had the moment of seeming familiar, but I can't think of what it where.

Least that points me in the right direction