TJ09

2022-04-17 - Festival of Eggs

4 hours ago, Carmelita-Fox said:

Glad I remembered to check in this year. I forgot for the last two. I love the Final Fantasy 14 quest egg. It’s my favorite this year. 

Thanks! That's mine. :D

Many thanks to TJ and all the talented and oh so creative spriters for this wonderful event!

To the artist who did the "Tutorial" egg aka this one 1qqtzkz.gif that is pretty cool and that helps me with pixel stuff 

2 hours ago, Mystjerne said:

THE RANBOO EGG MADE ME JUMP. I LOVE IT.

*whispers* Which one is that one? lol

I forgot until just a few minutes ago... I've got my first egg icon...😏  Now, I'm going after number two...

Happy Easter, everyone=3 Thank you, talented spriters for the amazing eggies=3 Haven't seen them all yet, but I've found the One-One, from the infinity train. Suuuch a cute idea=3

Edited by DarkellaLord

4 hours ago, Mystjerne said:

THE RANBOO EGG MADE ME JUMP. I LOVE IT.

FINALLY!

awuhsk.gif.c3dc7946cad4645aeae37c007bb94ec0.gif

This is my egg, inspired by one of my favourite streamers Ranboo. He's been a huge part of me and my partner's life and I met him last month and he's just such a sweet guy. He has a black/white theme and his minecraft skin wears a crown with red and green gems - the quote in question is because he sounded like another streamer, Technoblade, who wears a crown so he added one saying 'if the crown fits, wear it!'

Eua40VTU4AM3Oih.jpg.63b1e70292a3e9aef1d40f90cec0915e.jpg

I hardly get any of the allusions, but the eggs are lovely. My personal fave is Toothless.

I confess that the references and inspirations for most of the eggs completely passes me by, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the hunt.

As a newbie to DC, it will be quite some time (years) before this quest is complete for me. I have all of this year's eggs and am a little over half way with 2021. I am in complete awe at the skill of the artists and would love to learn how to create such graphic art. I  dabble with Photoshop CS2, but only for basic photo editing.   

Anyway, a big shout out to TJ and all of the contributors to this (and past) year's  Festival of Eggs.

The dear little hedgehog, and his back story, is my favourite. Closely followed by the beehive.

Back to the search . . .

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I hardly get any of the allusions, but the eggs are lovely. My personal fave is Toothless.

Oh THAT's what it was! Now that you say it. Mine too - it was absolutely deliciously lovely! Loved it before making the reference, it's just so elegant and neat and cute!

16 minutes ago, ealbiest said:

Oh THAT's what it was! Now that you say it. Mine too - it was absolutely deliciously lovely! Loved it before making the reference, it's just so elegant and neat and cute!

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I thought it was just an axolotl turning into a dragon, because... dragcave... but I can see how it could be a HTTYD reference! O:

If we're talking about the little green egg that turns into a bat thing that's definitely not Toothless...

This one: 

14utbgv.gif 

Well I remain sure that it IS ! For me, so shall it ever be, OK ? It CERTAINLY isn't like any bat I've ever seen - and we have more than one kind lining here. They don't have tails like that, for starters.

I KNOW - no worries. I was having fun too. But it's SO Toothless. And I want it to be, so it is - for me, anwyay ! (How are you so sure it isn't, by the way - have you inside info ? I've been looking everywhere for the creator info on all of them, but it's very limited so far !)

And honest to god, whatever else, that ain't no bat !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I wish the list would get up on the wiki... I'd quite like to LEARN about some of the allusions I've read about !

The only one I know anything about is the red panda, and that's only because I saw it on a programme a couple of days ago!

I know about the hedgehog - but that's a story from in this thread !