verwvberbvetra

Pink Sapphire mechanism

I only got my CB Pinks from a kind user and the market via AP drop & catch, any possibility for them to be aquired otherwise would be a godsend

Thank you Infinis for your imput, glad you are in favor or the low view method, it would be a tough but atleast somewhat consitent method, especially for CBs & lineage breeders

Also i too noticed the last few days that there where literally 1-2 pinks in the AP within 5 hours fo hogging and waiting (i was aiming for florets tho)

On 7/8/2021 at 10:47 PM, missy_ said:

Begrudingly, I support the view-count mechanic—even though I believe it would be difficult for me personally to get a Pink Sapphire in that manner. (It would be so much easier if it was like the Siyats! Ahh, well. ;) )  In the spirit of keeping Pink Sapphires rare and hard to create, it makes sense to require a low view count of around 1000. I don’t know if I can manage it. I generally have high views on my eggs by the time they hatch. So the egg would require a great deal of coddling and finesse not to get too many views, yet still hatch.

Ya know, I stated support for the view-count mechanic, but that was before I started to realize that it seems to be taking a lot more views to hatch and grow my eggs. I think something may have been tweaked behind the scenes, but I don’t know. All I know is it seems like it takes a lot more views now to grow things, and that means it would be almost impossible to hatch an egg at 1000 views or under.

So at this point, I don’t know what I support. 

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

Ya know, I stated support for the view-count mechanic, but that was before I started to realize that it seems to be taking a lot more views to hatch and grow my eggs. I think something may have been tweaked behind the scenes, but I don’t know. All I know is it seems like it takes a lot more views now to grow things, and that means it would be almost impossible to hatch an egg at 1000 views or under.

So at this point, I don’t know what I support. 

Difficult, but definitely not impossible. The idea of the low-view-count is that it be low enough that it *would* be harder to do that than getting them from the AP, because the artist wants the AP to remain the main way to get them. I hatched an egg under 900 views only a handful of days ago, it was around 1day some-odd hours so it was much lower timed than the normal hatching time, which is what would probably be required for a low-view pink mechanic. It would take more patience and take longer in general because you'd have to let it get down to much lower time in order for it to hatch under that viewcount. But it's definitely still possible.

@missy_ I linked those in the last thread, but there I had at least 4 Dragons (just on the first 2 pages of my scroll) that grew with OV of ~1100

So it took a lot less than 1000 OV to hatch them. Some ND experimenter wrote in this thread I think it was that when you hatch them at 1-2 days remaining without incubate you will achieve this.

So all it needs is some patience.

Here for instance: https://dragcave.net/view/auaB

• Overall views: 1,055
  • Unique views: 554
  • Clicks:7

No one said you have to hatch it at 4 days. So hatch it at 1 day left and you should do fine with under 1000 OV.

Edited by Nalyua

I got pinks from kind users and am still scrambling for CB pinks. I would love some kind of mechanism where I can find CB pinks within my control.

To be honest, I prefer the solitary form of play because I have to spend a lot of time with people in my job, I enjoy relaxing without having to say or approach anyone at all. I used to enjoy Dragcave because both forms of play were possible, it was social for those who loved to play like that and people like me could play it solitarily. The last few changes where interaction had to be forced like teleporting cantors and the pink sapphire are not changes I like.

Sorry for the rant, I love the game and would to be able to keep playing it.

5 hours ago, missy_ said:

Just don't put them in fan sites for a long long time. Don't incubate (because in my experience that makes them need more view) And don't use sites that automatically ER.

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Difficult, but definitely not impossible. The idea of the low-view-count is that it be low enough that it *would* be harder to do that than getting them from the AP, because the artist wants the AP to remain the main way to get them. I hatched an egg under 900 views only a handful of days ago, it was around 1day some-odd hours so it was much lower timed than the normal hatching time, which is what would probably be required for a low-view pink mechanic. It would take more patience and take longer in general because you'd have to let it get down to much lower time in order for it to hatch under that viewcount. But it's definitely still possible.

Indeed - I have quite a few dragons grown to adulthood with 2000 views or so. To allow the low views mechanism is a HUGE concession from Infinis; I think we should all be grateful she's OK with that.

2 hours ago, jedisunny said:

I got pinks from kind users and am still scrambling for CB pinks. I would love some kind of mechanism where I can find CB pinks within my control.

To be honest, I prefer the solitary form of play because I have to spend a lot of time with people in my job, I enjoy relaxing without having to say or approach anyone at all. I used to enjoy Dragcave because both forms of play were possible, it was social for those who loved to play like that and people like me could play it solitarily. The last few changes where interaction had to be forced like teleporting cantors and the pink sapphire are not changes I like.

Sorry for the rant, I love the game and would to be able to keep playing it.

No criticism of you - but it makes me very sad to see people who reckon they can't enjoy a game just because they can't get everything they want in it. I'm never going to get a full set of Zombies; I mind - but not enough to abandon the game. I doubt if I'll ever get pink CB sapphires either - but I can go on building nice lines.

The sheer difficulty involved in getting a full set of Zombies also impacts my ability to enjoy the game, but at least I can theoretically do that on my own without relying on other people. The shift to having more things require other people in a game that has historically been a more solo affair isn't one I like, and I'm glad that the Sapphire changes, at least, are open to being walked back some.

48 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

The sheer difficulty involved in getting a full set of Zombies also impacts my ability to enjoy the game, but at least I can theoretically do that on my own without relying on other people. The shift to having more things require other people in a game that has historically been a more solo affair isn't one I like, and I'm glad that the Sapphire changes, at least, are open to being walked back some.

I very much agree, and I'm really really hoping that these recent new things like Teleport-Cantors and Abandon-Sapphires are going to remain the very rare exception and not become the norm with new releases. It is frustrating to see new breeds/variants introduced that *require* depending on other users, as opposed to being able to fully play the way you want and depending on other users is a choice you could make. That said, the way I personally see it, if there are a couple variants/breeds that are just too difficult to get I can adjust my scroll-goal for that type accordingly and just not bother with them (like Neglecteds, for instance, only have 1 and it was a gift) while still completely enjoying the game overall. That's why I hope this won't become a common thing, if it's just a couple outliers it's much easier to ignore them and still have fun playing. 

(And for statistics sake I'll note that I have a hatchling on my scroll right now that just hatched with less than 1,040 views, and that one did not get super-low-timed before hatching.... So yeah, low view count would be much more controllable and possible than AP-only.)

In regards to low view count for Pink Sapphires, apparently the lowest view count dragon I have is a Pink:

Overall views:694

Unique views:550

Clicks:4

How I did this, I have no idea as this dragon is nearly as old as my scroll.

Indeed, I seem to have several non-neglected (frozen) hatchlings and adults with sub-1,000 views...so it is possible.

That aside, I'm glad that Infinis is on board with the option of low views being added as an optional mechanic.

2 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

In regards to low view count for Pink Sapphires, apparently the lowest view count dragon I have is a Pink:

Overall views:694

Unique views:550

Clicks:4

How I did this, I have no idea as this dragon is nearly as old as my scroll.

Indeed, I seem to have several non-neglected (frozen) hatchlings and adults with sub-1,000 views...so it is possible.

That aside, I'm glad that Infinis is on board with the option of low views being added as an optional mechanic.

It used to be pretty common when the site started. I think required views went up with number of players

It does take more - but it can be done.

On 7/16/2021 at 2:02 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

No criticism of you - but it makes me very sad to see people who reckon they can't enjoy a game just because they can't get everything they want in it. I'm never going to get a full set of Zombies; I mind - but not enough to abandon the game. I doubt if I'll ever get pink CB sapphires either - but I can go on building nice lines.

I do not have even a single zombie or a neglected or some of the prizes etc, I only got the cantor with teleport recently. It is not that I do not mind not having everything. I have been playing a slow game and plodding along since 2008. I have not said I would abandon it, I said I would love to keep playing it the way I have been, in a solitary way. It was just an opinion. But, I do not like the abandon mechanism in particular. So was voicing my opinion.

Edited by jedisunny

I'm not keen either - but I still love the game, was all.

i have finally caught a CB/Market Pink Sapphire. I was gifted a CB early in the release, so now I have a pair. I was able to catch several 2gens, enough to have 4 for myself and trade/gift others away. It did take a lot of hunting and abandoning those I chose not to keep. I breed and toss 2gens for others, but until I manage to get all the Sapphires I want/need for myself, dropping CBs to the AP will just have to wait as far as I am concerned. I do want everyone to have a chance at them, but I fill my goals first.

The past few weeks with all the Birthday releases and the new releases, I have been spending a lot more time in the cave than usual and I am retired. I can see how difficult it must be to keep up for those with jobs and families not to mention other responsibilities.

I lucked out Yday as well. I was able to snag 3 CBs within 1 Minute off the AP. Not sure if I intercepted anyone trying to bounce their Market-purchase or if they were intended to get dropped.

But I brings to to half my goal. So I'm gonna take it and be happy.

That said, I still would like to see means to get them on my own. Because this was really only sheer dumb luck (und a fast clicky finger)

On 7/17/2021 at 11:28 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

It does take more - but it can be done.

And I just did it. To prove it - here it is in a screenie ! (Don't get excited and rush to my scroll - I hid it - my main interest here was for it to stay blue. But it wasn't that hard.)

image.png.7803ca0c7e71ad66f07975225b53e127.png

Edited by Fuzzbucket

@Fuzzbucket

Amazing! Was it bred on your own scroll?

That proofs that under 1k hatches are qorking with the current system, which helps a lot in the discussion!

It was indeed bred on my scroll. I was sure it was possible. And as I needed to be sure and keep it under 4k even as a hatchie, I thought I might as well see if it worked.

It's a pretty line:

image.png.45f69aa677160b4ef17bbcd1f9b8f74b.png

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Wow, and by the dates you didn't even have to let it get super-low-timed. Out of curiousity, @Fuzzbucket, which hatcheries did you use? Might be helpful to know which ones may be slower in giving views (and did you put it in ERs or just normal-hatchery sections?). 

I didn't put it in any till 4 1/2 days. Then evina's and allure - and hid it for 12 of every 24 hours. As it passed noticeably below 3 days, I put it in evina's ER, but watched it like a hawk in case it got too close. It hatched at 2 days 14 hours IIRC.

Oh and it was incubated.

ETA Just checked my log. Laid 15th, 7.33 am cave time. Incubated. Hatched 18th, 2.58 pm.

I make it that it took 3 days, 8 hours and 25 minutes. I am too lazy to work out what time it had left...

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Under 1000 views should be very possible indeed, since UVs help a lot too and presumably they wouldn't affect the pinkifying process. I got this water to adult with only 1,360 views because of the high UV, so pretty sure it was below 1000 at hatching. Also, maybe it doesn't mean much since it's from years ago but the lowest on my scroll is this chicken which managed to grow up with a grand total of 597 views. 

Edit: For clarification, I meant it should be possible even regardless of the lower views required when the egg has been bred on your own scroll.

Edited by MissK.

Just a note, chickens need about half the views as regular dragons, so it's not quite the info we want for sapphires. But 1000 views is also not impossible, just a little bit of waiting and trial-and-error.

• Stolen on:Jul 14, 2021
  • Hatched on:Jul 18, 2021
  • Overall views: 978
  • Unique views: 303
  • Clicks:3

Hatchling will die if it doesn’t grow up in: 6 days and 1 hour

I have one too, Cantormaris for sure, but it still worked.

I didn't note down the hatching stats but even a day after hatching it's below 1000 OV.

It was a trading offer I got, with roughly 299 UV, and a middle hole in it. So I just let it sit to see when it would hatch on it's own, since the stats were blow 1000 and not moving.

I have no idea why you guys think Infinis would suggest a remedy for a problem, knowing that it would not work. I mean they play DC a lot, so I am pretty confident that the offered option would be feasible.

Edited by Nalyua

57 minutes ago, Nalyua said:

I have no idea why you guys think Infinis would suggest a remedy for a problem, knowing that it would not work. I mean they play DC a lot, so I am pretty confident that the offered option would be feasible.

I don't think anyone is saying Infinis would knowingly suggest something impossible, it's just good to determine how easy the method is compared to, say, neglecting something. At first Infinis proposed a limit of 500 but that seemed to be a bit too low after all. 

Just hatched a cb sapphire with under 1000 views and it didn't have to get really low time (it hatched at 3d 23h left with no incubate), so it looks like it should be easy enough to do without even waiting that long. 

IMG_20210719_081027.jpg

Even NDing is not that hard. It's just the question if the egg turns or not. I mean some just don't even with perfect stats.

Once you got the knack of timing your egg it's actually pretty easy, it's more of a hassle with bouncing/forcing, getting the ERs right and waiting patiently, but the basic idea is actually quite simple.

And since the basic idea here is to get pinks without having to rely on someone else I also doubt that it would go so low that you'd actually have to bounce it. So I was really stumped for a moment here 😅

Edited by Nalyua