verwvberbvetra

Pink Sapphire mechanism

Yeah though she did make a suggestion. :)

So I assume it is OK to support that suggestion.

Just my (unpopular) opinion on things.

I personally have really enjoyed the mechanic for getting yellow and pink sapphires! It encouraged me to be more active on the forum, breed and abandon my sapphires for others to catch later, and use the trading hub more. I understand why people are frustrated if they have a slow connection or not a lot of time to hunt the AP. If there was an alternate way of getting pink sapphires then that would certainly help those users a lot.

I find it annoying for people who exclusively look for CB Pink Sapphires to complain and try to pressure the creator change the mechanic. Some complaining is understandable. Yes, those users are having a REALLY hard time finding CB Pink Sapphires or even trading for them. Hopefully that gets easier over time. However, just like creator decided to make them an AP-biome breed, those players decided to only hunt for CB's. That was their choice. 

1 hour ago, BringsTheSnow said:

I find it annoying for people who exclusively look for CB Pink Sapphires to complain and try to pressure the creator change the mechanic. Some complaining is understandable. Yes, those users are having a REALLY hard time finding CB Pink Sapphires or even trading for them. Hopefully that gets easier over time. However, just like creator decided to make them an AP-biome breed, those players decided to only hunt for CB's. That was their choice. 

CB pink sapphires are problematic right now, mostly because of how long it's been taking for their rarity to balance out. But eventually they will balance out. Cave eggs will always be dropped to the AP every now and then, and all CB sapphires found in the AP will be pink. This has hardly been the only - or even the main - objection people have with the mechanism though; lineages are an even bigger problem. Since people have to abandon eggs to turn them pink it's basically impossible to build lineages with their own dragons, unless someone happens to catch their egg and send it back. Sure, you can say making lineages a choice as well, but the same goes for any playstyle. When a mechanism ends up affecting a large portion of the playerbase that does seem kind of significant. Right now, both CB collectors and lineage builders are affected, though in the long run it will probably be mostly the latter.

1 hour ago, MissK. said:

CB pink sapphires are problematic right now, mostly because of how long it's been taking for their rarity to balance out. But eventually they will balance out. Cave eggs will always be dropped to the AP every now and then, and all CB sapphires found in the AP will be pink. This has hardly been the only - or even the main - objection people have with the mechanism though; lineages are an even bigger problem. Since people have to abandon eggs to turn them pink it's basically impossible to build lineages with their own dragons, unless someone happens to catch their egg and send it back. Sure, you can say making lineages a choice as well, but the same goes for any playstyle. When a mechanism ends up affecting a large portion of the playerbase that does seem kind of significant. Right now, both CB collectors and lineage builders are affected, though in the long run it will probably be mostly the latter.

Agreed. I'm not too concerned that I haven't gotten any CBs yet. It's always tough getting a new release, and I'm sure I'll get them eventually. My bigger concern is that once I do get them I won't be able to use them. I won't be able to keep anything I breed if I want the pink sprite, which means making any sort of lineage just won't be an option.

I was breeding clean-lined Sapphires to the AP to 'spread the love' so the speak and yeah, I definitely see why this mechanism is an issue for lineage-builders. While I'm very big on 'all playstyles matter equally', it's a simple logical fact that things like 'collect only CBs' will of course be more difficult in certain areas. But lineages.... I kind of feel like this pink mechanic specifically signals out lineage-builders in a very biased way. There will always be, for example, more CB pink Sapphires to be found than a very specific lineage (or, yunno, your own AP'd eggs). Even with things like orange Cantors, you have to trade for them but at least it's a secure deal if you trade through the Hub. You can trade lineage-eggs back and forth to get that color, too. But this, the *only* way to make any sort of continued lineage is to abandon the egg and hope some kind person will give it back (without being able to actually *ask* for it back)? (I feel like it might be a *little* better if we could do 'trade-backs' through the hub, but you literally aren't allowed to publically ask for an abandoned egg back, which I feel is something that this mechanic seriously overlooks.)

I don't really care *what* is changed, what the 'second way' to get a pink might be, but I do think in the spirit of allowing players the freedom to play the way they want there really should be some other way.

Thanks to as friendly person on the forum, i got my first CB Pink Sapphire and might get a second one as well if all works out since we need to AP trade to make it pink in the first place

Yet, i stan by the fact that you shouldnt just rely on strangers to help you out regarding that

Trading is atleast safe its just between two people, but with this method you "fight" with other people over the egg in the AP you purposly want to turn pink & trade since the first part cant be done alone

Hell, i cant even drop my own egg into the AP and recatch it, which is insane for me as an CB pair collector

If I ever get around to breeding the 2 gens I am catching. I shall rename the parents and hope to get the eggs back. It very often works.

I'm sure that someday I'll get my CB pink pair, demand has to go down at some point. I would very much welcome another way to get them though. 

Honestly for lineage builders' sake I do hope Infinis' idea of alternate mechanic of near-neglecting will be implemented, however I'm scared the same people complaining about sapphires now will come out of the woodwork because NDing will be "too difficult" for them...

50 minutes ago, Falorni said:

Honestly for lineage builders' sake I do hope Infinis' idea of alternate mechanic of near-neglecting will be implemented, however I'm scared the same people complaining about sapphires now will come out of the woodwork because NDing will be "too difficult" for them...

Let it be difficult, atleast then its not impossible and doesnt rely on the good in strangers

Cant make everyone happy, but any step to make lineages continueable without AP rng is better

1 hour ago, Falorni said:

Well, I do hope it is not quite ND hard, because . . . well then it might as well be an ND, no?

I am pretty sure that I will eventually be able to get the CBs I need from the AP. But lineage building with them becomes a near impossibility. Honestly I don't personally even want to build lineages with them because there is no space on a scroll to build lineages with every dragon there is and they are not high on my list of dragons I love. But I still think the current mechanic is not fair to people who would like to build lineages with them.

5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Well, I do hope it is not quite ND hard, because . . . well then it might as well be an ND, no?

I am pretty sure that I will eventually be able to get the CBs I need from the AP. But lineage building with them becomes a near impossibility. Honestly I don't personally even want to build lineages with them because there is no space on a scroll to build lineages with every dragon there is and they are not high on my list of dragons I love. But I still think the current mechanic is not fair to people who would like to build lineages with them.

I believe someone earlier in the thread said you can easily get an egg to hatch with <500 overall views once it's down to a day or so left, so - assuming they are correct - you shouldn't have any trouble with it if you're willing to put in the effort.

ETA: the person making this assertion was Nalyua on pg. 9, if you're after details/want to discuss it with them personally.

I would support the addition of such a mechanic.  I respect the spriter's preferences and I certainly think we should give their opinion a heavy weight as Sapphires' creator, but I think it would make a lot of people happy if they felt comfortable agreeing to the change (including myself, as someone who only has a single pink CB due to the kindness of others).

Edited by Ponystar17

For the lineage builders, and PB sharing people, I support the idea. 👍 
The Siyat mechanic might work best in that case with the Pink Sapphires where <2 days left would turn it pink. 

I suppose one can get creative lineages from the things one picks up in the AP: I hope to try for a strange kind of multicolour checker next.

image.png.d0ca9d0f572d52261d67f18edadbf74e.png

As someone who is hunting for /any/ pink sapphire (messy preferred, actually, as I want to freeze it) and who has only come by pinks by 1 lucky catch during the flood that took place almost immediately after the release and two trades to people who didn't have alt pygmies or alt coppers...

I highly support a change in the pink sapphire mechanics. Have been hunting on an unstable campground WiFi connection for 2 hours every day for 2 weeks straight and have only seen 3 pinks, all of which were solidly missed. Trades are being denied because people are being much more selective about what they want (and to be frank, I don't have the connection reliability to make the CB neglecteds people want, or capture the CB golds asked for).

Near-neglect makes sense with the description, and would make it possible for those of us on horrid connections to actually reach scroll goals without weeks or possibly months before trades are accepted. And think of those not on the forums. Their luck is likely worse.

ETA: My daughter, on a more stable connection than I can hope to attain where I am at, managed to gift me a pink sapphire so my pink sapphire hunting is complete (for now). Still, I support the near-neglect mechanic for pink sapphires, as reliance on connection speeds and the kindness of others makes it very difficult for those not on the forums to attain scroll goals.

Edited by Wends

I actually like the mechanic the way it is. It's really an adrenaline rush to see a pink egg pop up, try and grab it, and then wait for the next. Like Infinfinis I hang out in the AP a lot. I have found beautiful lineages people have dumped in there, and adding a pink egg gives hunting and searching a boring ap of the same monotonous eggs over, and over, and over again something exciting. Awesome job Infinis, and I hope TJ nor you change anything. 

On 6/15/2021 at 5:49 PM, Chaosdawn said:

I'm sure that someday I'll get my CB pink pair, demand has to go down at some point. I would very much welcome another way to get them though. 

This. Very, very much.

adding pink sapphires to the AP was supposed to make it more fun to search the AP, but for me personally ive found it to be the opposite.

i rarely see a pink sapphire, and when i do i am most often disappointed because i dont collect eggs just to collect the sprite, i have scroll goals like many others here that include catching many cbs that i have completely given up on, even if i could trade for them prices still seem steep and i hardly see pinks on the AP as is, let alone CB ones. i hate having to rely on others and having to be in the right place at the right time. i havent had as much time to play lately, but i enjoy doing things at my own pace. this has been extremely frustrating and id love to see any alternate way to get pink sapphires. especially since i can be so picky with lineages, id love to have the option to create them myself rather than rely on others. 

we very much need a change.

1 hour ago, lexi_ said:

adding pink sapphires to the AP was supposed to make it more fun to search the AP, but for me personally ive found it to be the opposite.

i rarely see a pink sapphire, and when i do i am most often disappointed because i dont collect eggs just to collect the sprite, i have scroll goals like many others here that include catching many cbs that i have completely given up on, even if i could trade for them prices still seem steep and i hardly see pinks on the AP as is, let alone CB ones. i hate having to rely on others and having to be in the right place at the right time. i havent had as much time to play lately, but i enjoy doing things at my own pace. this has been extremely frustrating and id love to see any alternate way to get pink sapphires. especially since i can be so picky with lineages, id love to have the option to create them myself rather than rely on others. 

we very much need a change.

Bolded for emphasis. I completely agree, I work full time, spend three hours every work day commuting then have other obligations. The odds of me finding a CB pink or something worthy of trading for one is slim to zero. I need 2 for my scroll goals but I'm doubtful that will ever happen the way it is now. 

I also dislike being reliant on others to get certain dragons. The Trading Hub makes it a lot easier to get certain things, but I like having it as just an option. I didn't mind the orange Cantors, but I really don't want to see the Hub become a necessity for any more breeds.

id love to see differents ways to obtain at least the CB pink sapphires beacuse its crazy that these are worth neglected dragon prices..

or hell make the CB blue sapphires a lot more common so more people are willing to adopt and throw? ^^" 

or maybe able to be bought in the market or low veiw counts like purple syats or such?

i just find this mechanic extremely frustrating and it takes away the fun of hunting in the AP it just feels like hunting in the caves and the whole reason i primarily hunted in the Ap was to stop hunting in the caves i cant find anything 

even if it isnt a pink sapphire i used to be able to find golds, silvers, prizes, blusangs, gemshards, honestly a majority of my collection is from the AP and it ruins the fun of it beacuse now everytime im in there theres +40 people and no chance in heck for me to get ANYTHING even kinda cool in there anymore god forbid a pink sapphire i have to be awake at 1-4am just for me to have a chance at finding them

ive spent the last month and a half hunting for CB pink sapphires aswell i just want one pair of them and no matter what i do i cannot seem to get my hands on one, the only thing i havent tried is CB golds, CB sats, CB Neglected and thats just beacuse they are so rare...everything else ive tried and no luck its driving my nuts spending a majority of my free time just hunting for something this simple especally since i treated this game as something on the backburner 

im sorry if i sound negative i usually keep to myself and never really have much in terms of complaints but this has bin genuinely frustrating me consistantly for the last month or so now ^^" 

Yeah, uh, I've been hunting for CB Pink Saphs for a while now and not only have they not gotten more common, I've seen fewer and fewer Saphs at all as time has gone on.

Edited by Guillotine

Yeah since the hype wore off people have stopped/slowed down breeding them, especially since it requires extra effort to put pinks in the ap. Due to this once again stating my support for another way to obtain pink sapphires. 

I agree that I've seen fewer and fewer, which is exactly what I assumed would happen... I recall people in this thread suggesting that once the hype wore off, they'd be easier to catch, so there was no reason to change or add to the mechanic, but all I could think was, "If the hype wears off, doesn't that also mean fewer people will remember or care about breeding and abandoning them to turn them Pink...?" and from my personal experience, at least, that seems to be what's happening. I've gone from seeing around 1 Pink Sapphire egg in the AP per day, to only seeing 1 in the past week. Again, this is just my experience as someone who pops in and out several times a day.

I enjoy using the Trading Hub, but I find it unfortunate that certain mechanics are shifting towards relying on other or needing to Trade, needing to hunt the AP etc. I still say that if nothing else, Infinis's suggestion of a method to obtain a CB on one's own should be implemented. I really hope it will be, or that something will be, at least.

DC's birthday release was May 21st. That's just a tad over 6 weeks ago, not even a month and a half. Given the abundance of new alts we got, and factoring in egg limits and the brand-new June release, I still say it's way too early to assume things will remain this difficult long-term. It's not at all uncommon for new releases to throw things off for a few months, longer if they are super-wanted. Because pink Sapphires can only be obtained a very specific way, it's more obvious with them, but this sort of thing has happened plenty of times before. 

That said, I definitely do support another way to obtain them, a way that doesn't rely on other users. The super-low-stats idea seems like the best way to go, and the most logical considering the yellow's mechanic. At this point I think there's probably a fairly slim chance that TJ would add another way to get them, but stranger things have happened I guess. 

Edited by HeatherMarie