verwvberbvetra

Pink Sapphire mechanism

10 hours ago, 11th said:

People would still be able to unlock the pink egg for the encyclopedia by manually abandoning bred Sapphires

Nope. You can only view an egg once in a week. You will have seen it as blue, and by the end of the week it won't be an egg any more. Just saying !

Well I am seeing people with big scrolls and some time under their belts asking for CB Metallics, ND or Stats.

So 4 Weeks in, the demand has still not died down.

Unless this is what Infinis had in mind with creating this I still see a problem.

People ask for those things for dragons with a Z code and all sorts. It doesn't mean they get them. I've seen - this week even - people asking for a CB stat for two really messy commons. It's like ebay and amazon - you see outrageous prices but you never know how mach anything sold for - IF it sold. I've been watching one item on ebay for over a year now - it was listed for $350 - I have one, and I paid $25, though I realise its out of print. After 6 months it hadn't sold, and the seller relisted it - for $499.....

What is asked on the hub doesn't tell us anything. And really - four weeks isn't that long to allow for something to bed in. The AP is certainly moving much faster than it used to.

OK, there's RN trade with a ND asking for CB pink. Idk whether the author will really accept one or this is some kind of joke. But that might show the actual demand. 

Edited by Nakti

I can guarantee that CB pink sapphires are still trading for CB silvers 1:1 (multiple examples since yesterday), and even with CB golds though less easily than before. This is definitely a different release compared to how quickly rarity evens out most of the time. But either way, at the very least for lineages there should be some solution.

Out of curiosity, is there anyone who really likes this mechanic? Are there any good points that haven't been noticed? Are there any pros to keeping it as it is other than paying respect to the artist's intent?

I can attest they're definitely still trading for CB Silvers. However I've grabbed several from the AP and although they show up infrequently, I don't find them difficult to catch when they do. I've managed to get enough for myself for now and I've been trading/gifting the rest (when they're not from the market...)

Still not a massive fan of the mechanic but I do feel that with more time and demand wanes they'll get easier. For me the problem is the rarity of sapphires in the cave. If they weren't so difficult to find in the first place, there'd be more pinks.

The new gemshards have been more of a pain to be honest.

We're at just over 3 weeks actually, not 4.  Why does an extra week keep getting added lol

People have asked for literally anything and everything for cb silvers and such, cb metals/stats and NDs are very much just name your price. Some people ask for aeons or reds or whatever they need for a lineage. They're worth pretty much whatever you're wanting/needing.

I've been enjoying the mechanic, trying to catch stuff for people is something I enjoy. The goal was just to make the ap more desirable to hunt, and well, that goal was met.

I have found it easier myself to catch sapphires from the cave and turn them pink for myself then trading cb golds and silvers for them. These things still have a lot of trading power. 

Because I was able to find a work around and get these cb pink sapphires due to help from others on discord to be catchers for my drops, this mechanic is not the end of the world for me. But what about people who don't have a support group like I do? What about people who just want to build lineages with these pretty pink dragons? 

While Infinis wants to keep the ap mechanic and I respect that and I believe everyone in this thread should too, Infinis also stated a second way to get pink sapphires which would be by view count like the yellow sapphires/breeding true. 

I believe that all 3 sapphire colors should keep their current mechanics. Then we should add in the view mechanic for the pinks. Then we could add in a breeding mechanic for 1/3 chance for any color.

11 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Nope. You can only view an egg once in a week. You will have seen it as blue, and by the end of the week it won't be an egg any more. Just saying !

First: I didn't say that the person had to use their own bred eggs. They could also click eggs bred by other people. The vast majority of users already unlock ND eggs by using dead eggs from the few people who do run experiments, and pink Sapphire eggs would be even easier to unlock than those because they can be generated in minutes.

Second: It is possible to breed and abandon an egg without actually viewing/clicking it. (I even confirmed this by breeding a Daydream: Breeding it added +1 to eggs owned, and clicking it after abandoning added +1 to eggs observed.) Because the action link is available on the Dragons page, it's very easy to do.

1 hour ago, UnicornMaiden said:

Out of curiosity, is there anyone who really likes this mechanic? Are there any good points that haven't been noticed? Are there any pros to keeping it as it is other than paying respect to the artist's intent?

Personally I think it's an interesting mechanic and so far I've enjoyed watching 'my' eggs turn pink when I abandon them. I'm not having much of a problem catching pinks in the AP either, they don't show up frequently yet but they aren't gone in a flash anymore when they do show. For me it's a fun little challenge (although omg please no more mechanics like this). 

I do think there should be a second way to get the pinks though, especially for lineage-builders' sake. I'm having fun hunting for them and trading them but I know this mechanic is a nightmare for actually making any specific lineage, there should be *some* way for lineage-builders to control their Sapphire's color in order to play the way they prefer. 

(And once again, what something is traded for or what is asked for in the hub does *not* mean anything right now. We are less than a month from the new release, it hasn't been all that long since we figured out the general mechanics behind all these new ones anyways. It will take several months before their 'value' and 'rarity' can even *start* being accurately assessed. Go page through some of the New Release threads from the past two years to see people clamoring and complaining over not being able to get breeds that are now near-cave-blockers. This is what happens with new releases, it's just maybe a little more obvious with these pinks because of their specific mechanic.)

I have not been able to catch a Pink since 2 Weeks almost. Let alone the CB I need. And still nothing in Trades.

I would like the other method. But I do not have great hopes this goes ans further than people wanting it.

@FortyTwo quite frankly you can buy all the Gemshards you want off the Market. The issue is that you cannot with Pink Saphires.

Edited by Nalyua

10 hours ago, Nakti said:

OK, there's RN trade with a ND asking for CB pink. Idk whether the author will really accept one or this is some kind of joke. But that might show the actual demand. 

Don't know if we are talking about the same offer, but I got a ND for a CB pink sapphire hatchling.

And three messy pink sapphires for freezing for three common and uncommon CB hatchlings.

On the other hand, when I tried to trade my 2G PB Pink sapphire from pink parents, I asked for a bred Stat (only criteria: not messy) and got nothing.

Like in real life, things are worth what people are willing to pay for/accept as payment. I see discussions like this everywhere. For example I'm in a group for Pokémon trading cards. The discussions about the worth of some cards are exactly the same. ;)

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

WELL - I would happily offer bred Stats. Unfortunately my collection of Stats (I'm lucky there) hasn't delivered one in many many weeks now. So they ,may simply not be able to fill that request !

11 hours ago, Tini said:

We're at just over 3 weeks actually, not 4.  Why does an extra week keep getting added lol

People have asked for literally anything and everything for cb silvers and such, cb metals/stats and NDs are very much just name your price. Some people ask for aeons or reds or whatever they need for a lineage. They're worth pretty much whatever you're wanting/needing.

I've been enjoying the mechanic, trying to catch stuff for people is something I enjoy. The goal was just to make the ap more desirable to hunt, and well, that goal was met.

It gets added because someone said 4 weeks and I for one didn't bother to check when quoting.... :lol:

11 hours ago, UnicornMaiden said:

The artist's intent is huge, and not to be disrespected. 

I don't hate it; it is taking some getting used to, though.

11 hours ago, Paradisiske said:

While Infinis wants to keep the ap mechanic and I respect that and I believe everyone in this thread should too, Infinis also stated a second way to get pink sapphires which would be by view count like the yellow sapphires/breeding true. 

I believe that all 3 sapphire colors should keep their current mechanics. Then we should add in the view mechanic for the pinks. Then we could add in a breeding mechanic for 1/3 chance for any color.

Infinis said she could possibly live with the low views mechanic. If she were good enough to do that, I don't think we have any grounds for tying to make her push the boat out further by making them breed true - even as a possibility

2 hours ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Don't know if we are talking about the same offer, but I got a ND for a CB pink sapphire hatchling.

And three messy pink sapphires for freezing for three common and uncommon CB hatchlings.

CB and bred (or even Messy) ist certainly not the same thing demand/value wise. At least not according to my experiance.

And Yes I am currently offering an ND for CB Pink Saphs because I am at my wits end. I tried offering everything else I can think of (aside if CB Metallics and Stats since I cannot get any, and Gen 2 Prizes as I do not have a CB to start with).

3 messies for 3 common CB hatchies sounds reasonable. Neither one is terribly desirable :lol: 

Just bread all my stats again - not a stat egg to be seen....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The artist's intent is huge, and not to be disrespected. 

I don't hate it; it is taking some getting used to, though.

I didn't mean to imply that we should be disrespectful. I only meant that in this whole discussion artist's intent has been the only point I've seen brought up in favor of this mechanic, and I wanted to know if there were any other points that people like about it. I really dislike the mechanic, but I wanted to know if there are any positive aspects to it that I may have missed.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the pink mechanics as it is now. I cannot compete with 40+ people stalking the AP. For almost 4 weeks straight. This isn't really normal. xD Yes, I respect the artist's wishes. But also I really wish that aside the current mechanic, there was an alternate way to obtain the pinks without praying that someone will drop their CB at the right time; the "ND treatment but less extreme" sounds like a reasonable suggestion, still fits within the "lonely" theme and doesn't require weeks of waiting for someone else, or trading for who knows what top tier stuff most players don't even have to offer.

The AP has often had 50-odd people stalking. Just saying.

Not when I looked at it, then it was normally 20odd players.

That is why I hunt the AP when I do. Because I have seen that there are times when it is empty. Well relatively. But I have rarely seen the AP to go below 30 players those last few weeks.

And how is it disrespectful to point out things that do not work well?

If I say "man this thing you made is crap" then yes it is disrespectful. But nobody said anything like that. People expressed that they find to rely solely on this one mechanic stressfull for valid reasons, such as crappy connections and lack of good stuff to trade combined with silly demand of something. As the artist suggested a possible remedy I should think they are as interested as everyone else to make their added aspect of the game enjoyable for most everyone.

So pointing out things that appear problematic (ideally combined with suggestions to change things or aproving of already made suggestions) is not disrespectful it's called constructive critisism. Which is essential to any creative art, since you improve your art by working out kinks that people point towards since you might have not spotted them yourself.

Personally I do several artsy things and I thrive on people pointing out flaws and ways to improve my work. Because that is how learning works! It's not scrosanct, and quite frankly I think it's silly to treat any art or artist as such.

Edited by Nalyua

15 hours ago, UnicornMaiden said:

Since the release I've quite enjoyed the mechanic, despite the vast majority of people claiming otherwise. Some things that I enjoy about it: 

1. New mechanic adding diversity to obtaining methods. It can open other doors for new mechanics in the future.
  2. As intended, it draws more attention into the AP and gives it some uniqueness. As a player that seldom used the AP and largely only gathered my own CBs, I now have a reason to be in the AP, which carries over to my third reason
  3. Because of initially being in the AP to search for pinks, I've gathered a decent amount of abandoned nearly-hatched CB eggs and just as many abandoned CB hatchlings I wouldn't have otherwise obtained if not for this release.

Just my take on it. I understand and acknowledge the struggles people are having obtaining pinks, especially if you're specifically hunting for CBs. From my standpoint, I also understand that this is a collecting game, and collecting what you specifically want can take time. I do believe that once the new release hype has gone down, more people will be willing to abandon Sapphs and it will eventually be evened out.

I agree with Umi !

For me, I enjoy hunting in the AP and I like playing with new mechanics, but I completely understand why people don't like it that way. 

It's just a little thing for me. I got some Pinks from the AP as I don't bother with lineages or CB, and I found that fun to wait (and I was so happy when I got them !), so it was a nice time for me.

I'm just writing my point of view, since I think people that like or don't mind this new mechanism will not (or less) take the time to tell it here ! 🙂

16 hours ago, UnicornMaiden said:

I sort of like this mechanic as it is something new (albeit difficult).

Sure, getting "good" lineaged/CB Pinks is going to be difficult, but it gives people a bit of an incentive to hang around the AP and look for eggs (and maybe pick up an AP blocker or two [I did just that and found a couple Pinks shortly after that I was able to get and gift to a friend]).

It also gives those of us who don't usually breed our dragons a reason to breed them [I've avoided breeding most of my dragons because I've no purpose for the eggs, other than as trade fodder OR for a mass breed to help someone looking for certain lineage]

However, for those who collect codes/lineages I can see why this is bad.

That aside, if I had to pick another method than the current style...I like the view threshold idea:

Less than X views at Z time remaining = Pink 

More than X, Less than Y at Z time remaining = Blue

More than Y at Z time remaining = Yellow

17 hours ago, UnicornMaiden said:

I'm not a fan, but after giving it some time, I think it's interesting. But nearly impossible to get something specific without the help from others. For example I dropped an egg bred my me while my sister was waiting and ready to catch it and to give it back to me afterwards. Of course I had two ready, so she would have gotten the second - but we lost one of them. :(

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

3 messies for 3 common CB hatchies sounds reasonable. Neither one is terribly desirable :lol:

Yeah, like I said above: It's all about a personal decision what something is worth. I'm happy with that trade since both sides got what they wanted and everybody is happy. :)

I've thrown another bunch of freshly bred sapphire eggs to the AP.

2G PBs and some not-so-bad-lineages. :)

Good luck catching them!

5 hours ago, Nalyua said:

And how is it disrespectful to point out things that do not work well?

No - what is disrespectful is to suggest that the creator's vision should be overridden just because a lot of players don't like it. If Infinis OKs a change - that's one thing. Forcing it on her isn't OK, though.