verwvberbvetra

Pink Sapphire mechanism

1 hour ago, MissK. said:

I don't think anyone is saying Infinis would knowingly suggest something impossible, it's just good to determine how easy the method is compared to, say, neglecting something. At first Infinis proposed a limit of 500 but that seemed to be a bit too low after all. 

Infi did say it would be almost like neglecting, and she didn't want the window between them and yellows (for us to get Blues) to be too small...

2 hours ago, Nalyua said:

Even NDing is not that hard. It's just the question if the egg turns or not. I mean some just don't even with perfect stats.

Once you got the knack of timing your egg it's actually pretty easy, it's more of a hassle with bouncing/forcing, getting the ERs right and waiting patiently, but the basic idea is actually quite simple.

And since the basic idea here is to get pinks without having to rely on someone else I also doubt that it would go so low that you'd actually have to bounce it. So I was really stumped for a moment here 😅

I know, I have turned several myself, and still a lot of my experiments fail. It was just an example of a more extreme method that the average person might struggle with, since it has been brought up before. 

But yeah I'm not sure what the perfect balance is when it comes to the limit. Under 1000 views is clearly very doable, quite easy even. It could be lower if Infinis wants it to be more difficult, and in that case the egg would have to get (possibly very) low time to make it work. Personally I would be fine with any of it as long as there is some doable solo method...I'm already used to letting s1 zombie fodder go ER to hatch them with low UV so they don't gender. 

I think 1000 is a perfectly fine balance between having to wait a long time and micromanaging views. It's also very easy to go over 1000 with ERs, and having to wait extra days is an imposition when most eggs take 2.

Edited by Shadowdrake

14 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Infi did say it would be almost like neglecting, and she didn't want the window between them and yellows (for us to get Blues) to be too small...

setting sapphs to hatch pink at less than 1k views still provides a 3k range for blues which should be fine. 500 was my original suggestion because it seemed difficult but realistically i'm not even sure eggs can hatch with views that low, even NDs - most NDs I've seen turn in the 1-200 range and then you gotta still er them to hatch y: so. 500 is too low.

i don't want a secondary method to be impossible, but rather enough of a challenge that APing remains the primary/easiest method.

Thanks, Infi - I couldn't agree more |(she said, having just managed one below 1000 !) And that would help enormously with lineages, which really are almost impossible using the AP. Look at the one I just did - if I'd wanted that to turn pink - my chances of achieving it through the AP are almost nil. I COULD rename the parents - but - well, I did that for an autoed pretty last week, and the player who caught it kept it; I can't blame them; the AP is a free for all, but it really stung.

Would it perhaps - as an alternative - be OK to have them breed true occasionally ?

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Would it perhaps - as an alternative - be OK to have them breed true occasionally ?

i would prefer one or the other, tbh owo if they breed true (even occasionally), it addresses lineage concerns while leaving cbs only available as abandon, while the low views method would address both.

I would prefer the view-method, as it adresses both CBs and Lineage. I do not see why we need the pinks to breed true if they can be obtained via the view method.

I meant instead - if Infi isn't entirely happy with the low views thing.

But that does not adress the CB issue.

And lore-wise going with the lonely trope low views would make more sense.

No it doesn't - but in a way the lineage side of this is more of an issue. It is possible to find a CB in the AP. not easy - but it does happen. It is almost impossible to carry on a lineage that way.

The views address the lineage side as well and doesn't leave people who care about CBs out. I'd really rather views be added as an alternative of the two.

How is it impossible to carry on lineages?

If you want blue either offer them as a dummy TP for free on the Hub or the forums or breed while locked.

If you want Pink either abandon or turn it (or give it to someone who then must turn it).

I do not understand your point how it should be impossible fuzzbucket. Or did you think it was any different from this https://dragcave.net/lineage/bFACV   lineage-wise? I had to turn it to match. So what? No big deal. Same as with the Pinks if they become View-based as well as AP-Based.

On the contrary, it would actually be a pain for anyone attempting alternating lineages if they sometimes bred this and sometimes that.

Besides I disagree. Getting CBs is as much an issue as getting lineages. Instead of hoping for the right lineages you gotta hope to get the non-lineage. I fail to see how this is any easier.

Edited by Nalyua

1 hour ago, Nalyua said:

If you want blue either offer them as a dummy TP for free on the Hub or the forums or breed while locked.

If you want Pink either abandon or turn it (or give it to someone who then must turn it).

I do not understand your point how it should be impossible fuzzbucket. Or did you think it was any different from this https://dragcave.net/lineage/bFACV   lineage-wise? I had to turn it to match. So what? No big deal. Same as with the Pinks if they become View-based as well as AP-Based.

On the contrary, it would actually be a pain for anyone attempting alternating lineages if they sometimes bred this and sometimes that.

Besides I disagree. Getting CBs is as much an issue as getting lineages. Instead of hoping for the right lineages you gotta hope to get the non-lineage. I fail to see how this is any easier.

The current method makes lineages impossible. Not the suggestion.

@DragonLady86 Yes but fuzzbucket wanted them to breed true instead of making the low view thingie.

See this quote:

Which makes no sense to me for above mentioned reason.

Lorewise, but also that it adresses not the issue of CBs and actually makes some lineages even harder.

And have someone else pick it up from the AP and not give it back - as is their right. As I said already - yellow and blue are fine. The lineage issue ONLY applies to pinks. I have said this more than once - please do read what I post. We are only talking about pinks here.

Getting CBs matters less than not being able to build on. Sure I'd like some, but not getting them only means I can't start a lineage with them. Not being able to continue a checker is far more annoying. And sure - yellows are easy - I don't see your point there. Turning as pink means dropping it - and someone else will almost certainly pick it up before you can. Tus has nothing to do with it - however much we trust others, the AP is not reliable enough to work.

26 minutes ago, Nalyua said:

@DragonLady86 Yes but fuzzbucket wanted them to breed true instead of making the low view thingie.

See this quote:

Which makes no sense to me for above mentioned reason.

No, fuzz said IF infi wasn't OK with the low views thing. If she is, that's fine. I also said as an alternative. I quote myself.

23 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Thanks, Infi - I couldn't agree more |(she said, having just managed one below 1000 !) And that would help enormously with lineages, which really are almost impossible using the AP. Look at the one I just did - if I'd wanted that to turn pink - my chances of achieving it through the AP are almost nil. I COULD rename the parents - but - well, I did that for an autoed pretty last week, and the player who caught it kept it; I can't blame them; the AP is a free for all, but it really stung.

13 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Well to you it matters less, to others it might not, so it would make most sense to use a method that adresses both issues, instead of one that only adresses one issue.

I did not have the impression Infi disliked their own suggestion.

The thing is making it only so that pinks occasionally bred true this does not adress the CB Issue.

While it seemed to me as if you disliked the view suggestion for it not sufficiently adressing the lineage issue. Which I think would not be true. If that was not your intention then we do not need to take this any further. :)

Just saying that the view-method would make lineaging pinks mostly like lineaging yellows.

I support pretty much any idea that will help us get Pink Sapphires without abandoning, both CB and bred. I still find them virtually impossible to catch.

This is also one of those "it just bugs me" things, but could we also possibly get an updated description for the egg? It makes no sense to say it still looks like a "beautiful blue stone" when it's very clearly pink or yellow.

Edit: I guess that would also apply to the hatchies too.

Edited by Spiteful_Crow
(update)

7 hours ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

I support pretty much any idea that will help us get Pink Sapphires without abandoning, both CB and bred. I still find them virtually impossible to catch.

Seconded! I dont even see CBs, and bred ones I actually catch are either: messy as heck, or PB. Neither lineage type are of great interest to me, Id rather I be able to grab a CB/market purchase or breed specifically and change it myself in whatever way possible.

Would support hatching <1000 views as long as its possible with a stubborn breed like saphs

8 hours ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

Seconded! I dont even see CBs, and bred ones I actually catch are either: messy as heck, or PB. Neither lineage type are of great interest to me, Id rather I be able to grab a CB/market purchase or breed specifically and change it myself in whatever way possible.

Would support hatching <1000 views as long as its possible with a stubborn breed like saphs

I'm fully supportive of adding the <1000-view mechanism to the abandoning mechanism.  It would really help a lot with lineage-building and lineage-gifting, as well as giving us more ways to 'experiment' on CB Sapphires.  :)

Honestly, I'm ambivalent about this. I haven't had any problem getting CB Pink Sapphires but I spend a lot of time in the AP as part of my play style. However, I wouldn't mind if they were some other mechanisms to help out players who don't hunt in the AP so much to get Pink Sapphires (either CB or of a specific lineage they need).

What bothers me about this suggestion is that any suggestions of having other CB rares be a tiny bit less rare is shot down because "rares are rares". If CB Pink Sapphires need to be more accessible/less frustrating to get, what about CB Golds or Stats? I know these are available in the Market but Stateraes currently cost 3700 shards and have only increased in price recently. Which meant if you save every single shard you get for a Stat, it would take you more than nine months to get one. That seems to me more excessive than the current mechanism to get CB Pink Sapphires.

So I would support, but conditional on other CBs' rarity also being adjusted.

4 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

Honestly, I'm ambivalent about this. I haven't had any problem getting CB Pink Sapphires but I spend a lot of time in the AP as part of my play style. However, I wouldn't mind if they were some other mechanisms to help out players who don't hunt in the AP so much to get Pink Sapphires (either CB or of a specific lineage they need).

What bothers me about this suggestion is that any suggestions of having other CB rares be a tiny bit less rare is shot down because "rares are rares". If CB Pink Sapphires need to be more accessible/less frustrating to get, what about CB Golds or Stats? I know these are available in the Market but Stateraes currently cost 3700 shards and have only increased in price recently. Which meant if you save every single shard you get for a Stat, it would take you more than nine months to get one. That seems to me more excessive than the current mechanism to get CB Pink Sapphires.

So I would support, but conditional on other CBs' rarity also being adjusted.

I think the difference is that the market is a guarantee. Yes, Stats are incredibly rare in the cave and also ridiculously expensive, but if you save up eventually you are guaranteed to be able to afford one. This way literally everyone, regardless of fast or slow connections and different playstyles, could work up to getting them. Pink sapphires on the other hand are entirely luck based, and people who have trouble AP hunting because for examples the images don't load fast enough if at all basically have no chance of getting them, unless they can somehow acquire other rares to trade I suppose. 

Personally I would also be a fan of Stats not costing insanely much in the market (and other crazy things like magmas being adjusted) but I don't think the purpose of this thread is to make rares less rare, just to make a breed that isn't supposed to be rare more accessible.

I think CB Pink Sapphires will probably get more common: the demand will decrease as more people get them and the supply will probably stay the same (it's actually quite frequent for CBs to get abandoned, even CB uncommons like Sapphires).  So after nine months, I'm pretty sure that people who want a CB Pink Sapphire will either manage to catch, trade for or get gifted one.

Which makes me think: if you don't have any CB Pink Saphire and really want one, please PM me and ask nicely for one. I'm pretty confident I can get you one and it will probably take me less than nine months. :) 

Of course, that only applies to CB Pink Sapphires: if you want a very specific lineage, that will stay very difficult to get so I support the idea of making them occasionally breed true.

On 7/19/2021 at 6:48 PM, Infinis said:

i don't want a secondary method to be impossible, but rather enough of a challenge that APing remains the primary/easiest method.

Even at that I think for some of us this would be the easier way of getting the CB pink version. 

And while trading and gifting are great (and how I managed to get my pink sapphires) there is something to be said for the satisfaction of being able to get them on your own without having to chase them for years.

7 hours ago, MissK. said:

I think the difference is that the market is a guarantee. Yes, Stats are incredibly rare in the cave and also ridiculously expensive, but if you save up eventually you are guaranteed to be able to afford one. This way literally everyone, regardless of fast or slow connections and different playstyles, could work up to getting them. Pink sapphires on the other hand are entirely luck based, and people who have trouble AP hunting because for examples the images don't load fast enough if at all basically have no chance of getting them, unless they can somehow acquire other rares to trade I suppose. 

Personally I would also be a fan of Stats not costing insanely much in the market (and other crazy things like magmas being adjusted) but I don't think the purpose of this thread is to make rares less rare, just to make a breed that isn't supposed to be rare more accessible.

Agreed. Honestly there really is no comparison between pink Sapphires and any other rare. With any other rare, even CB, you have multiple different ways to get them *on your own* (Market and biomes). You can catch them in the biomes with no help from anyone else, and buy them in the Market with shards you get from simply playing regularly. Yes, hard to find in biomes and expensive in Market, but at least those are options. Getting CB pink Sapphires, on the other hand, *requires* that someone *else* first has a CB Sapphire *and* chooses to abandon it, and you just have to hope that you are lucky and fast enough to catch it. (Yes, you can also trade for one, but that still requires other people's help *and* requires someone not only catching an abandoned CB Sapph but being willing to trade it...)