TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

I've been hunting for pink sapphires for a few hours now - saw 4 total and got none of them.

Getting my CB sets will be nearly impossible...

Just now, caya said:

I've been hunting for pink sapphires for a few hours now - saw 4 total and got none of them.

Getting my CB sets will be nearly impossible...

It'll be easier when they've been around a little longer. Right now everyone is hunting them desperately, it'll chill in a week or so.

11 minutes ago, Tini said:

It'll be easier when they've been around a little longer. Right now everyone is hunting them desperately, it'll chill in a week or so.

It will always be at the mercy of others - grabbing CB sapphires, waiting a few hours and then abandoning them.

Even the EQ Cantors can be controlled by the scroll user, but this is, hm... =/

Does anyone have problems with unlocking new Sapphires in the encyclopedia? I had two identical eggs and overnight one of them got over 4000 views (I think someone viewbombed it, because UV count remained almost equal to each other) while the other still had over 2000 views. The encyclopedia shadow says that you have to own one egg to unlock image, now I have two yellow eggs but still no image. With one egg I thought it might be a glitch, but with two now it looks like a bug?

4 minutes ago, Hells_Bells said:

Does anyone have problems with unlocking new Sapphires in the encyclopedia? I had two identical eggs and overnight one of them got over 4000 views (I think someone viewbombed it, because UV count remained almost equal to each other) while the other still had over 2000 views. The encyclopedia shadow says that you have to own one egg to unlock image, now I have two yellow eggs but still no image. With one egg I thought it might be a glitch, but with two now it looks like a bug?

They count as blue eggs since you had them before they were yellow, and each dragon can only count once a month. You need to get them as the color or observe 5.

Yay! A few of my hatchies gendered.

I had hoped to hunt for pink sapphires for a bit before going back to sleep, but it's just a wall of celestials right now. Maybe later I'll have better luck.

23 minutes ago, Tini said:

They count as blue eggs since you had them before they were yellow, and each dragon can only count once a month. You need to get them as the color or observe 5.

That seems strange to me. I definitely clicked on more than 5 yellow eggs in the hatcheries, but the egg's page no longer shows its breed like it was for the blue egg. Guess I'll have to live with unlocked hatchling image but egg shadow for some time (shrugs)

I’ve seen a few pink Sapphires go through the AP just now (and also got excited momentarily for some Tercorns and Sapos 😂, and kept a pretty Canto x Sapo 2G, thanks @ViperSwan).  I’m trying to hatch and release a Celestial or two in between other things. 

Really liking the new look of the Gemshards! They look a bit more substantial now, which suits them. And I’m looking forward to the end the week: I’m going to invest some shards in market Gemshards.

Been following this thread for a few days but finally decided to write my own thoughts.

Thank you TJ, spriters and everyone involved for your outstanding work for this year's DC's birthday! It sure is a lot this time around, but I... absolutely love everything about it? At first, I wasn't sure what to think since I'm usually mostly interested in new breeds and never been big on alts (even more so if they're only recolored sprites, not new poses). I was also reading the critcism regarding the new meachanics and got a bit apprehensive myself, but then I realized I actually like the challenge. I love DC, but I also always wished it was a bit more than catch the desired egg, put it in a hatchery, there, you are done with DC until your eggslot frees up. This release made me take a few moments and carefully think about what I want to do and when to do it, and when I decided on catching a CB sapphire to turn it yellow (as opposed to the pink sapphire, this one is up to me thankfully), I really got into the hunt. Got a bit frustrated after a few hours of intense refreshing, but yesterday, after giving up a little, I unexpectedly got my hands on two CBs! And now I'm totally fixated on the yellows, even though at first I didn't like the adult sprite that much. Now I'm kinda tempted to hoard it!

I don't really mind the pink sapphire mechanic, quite the opposite. I like that it's sort of like gift giving and it's actually an egg that is desired, in other words you (most likely) won't see your egg getting killed or left in the AP for days on end, in fact it will be loved and taken much care of. I'm really into it! EQ canto doesn't bother me either, that's another challenge on its own. Although I do understand some people might not like this release due to how complicated, time-consuming and risky it could be to obtain some of the new alts. I'm the opposite as I like having some obstacles, but it's valid criticism and I can only feel sad that not all of us are able to equally enjoy this DC's birthday.

That said, I'd like to contribute to the pink Sapphire giveaway and would really use some recommendations. Got 2 CB pairs and not sure whether I should go for PBs, mixed with celestials or mixed with other breeds? Does anyone have any hints what's the best (or most welcome) choice here? Never been a big breeder or lineage builder, so I'm not sure what people would like :D 

31 minutes ago, BrownWolf said:

That said, I'd like to contribute to the pink Sapphire giveaway and would really use some recommendations. Got 2 CB pairs and not sure whether I should go for PBs, mixed with celestials or mixed with other breeds? Does anyone have any hints what's the best (or most welcome) choice here? Never been a big breeder or lineage builder, so I'm not sure what people would like :D 

I think, given the floret caused celestial wall, it'd be best to stay away from those.  You'll probably get less anyway due to the surge of celestials. I think pb pairs are nice for the pinks cause you can do a sort of pb line with them, like green spinels? I'm not sure how desirable 2g pinks from 1 sapph parent will be. People that like color changing lines would like them but others might just see it as a messy.

Or you can do sapph to non-cb and purposefully make messies for people to freeze. Depends what your goal is. Freezie help or lineage help.

Edited by Tini

Yes, a lot of people like purebred 2Gs, but I bred my CB Sapphires to different pink breeds, since that's the stuff I like 👌

But it's true that PB line is probably the only practical option.

I'm so excited to see the adults in a few hours !! So far I have bred a pair of the new hybrids and a pair of Nilia alts and I caught 3 new Florets from the jungle. I also just bred 4 2g PB sapphires to abandon to the AP in a few hours. I got a sapphire egg from the Market as well that I will try to turn yellow.

Edited by LibraMoon

Aw I always miss the good drops, they always seem to happen when I'm asleep. XD

But the new cantos, omg they are gorgeous. I love them. And I love the gemshard update, even before I read Odeen's reasoning. I can read their heads better now. I can't wait to see the rest grow up.

12 minutes ago, Tini said:

I think pb pairs are nice for the pinks cause you can do a sort of pb line with them, like green spinels? I'm not sure how desirable 2g pinks from 1 sapph parent will be. People that like color changing lines would like them but others might just see it as a messy.

Or you can do sapph to non-cb and purposefully make messies for people to freeze. Depends what your goal is. Freezie help or lineage help.

4 minutes ago, natli said:

Yes, a lot of people like purebred 2Gs, but I bred my CB Sapphires to different pink breeds, since that's the stuff I like 👌

But it's true that PB line is probably the only practical option.

Alright, I'll be going down the PB route then. Thanks for help!

Omg I'm actually awake to see the adults arrive. Squee!

Loving the hybrid so far. Cantwait to see the others. 

Omg the Royal purple is so gorgeous 😍 I'm so glad I have a male and female breeding pair of them! 

I'm absolutely a fan of the Royal Purples! (Lol I don't think I'll get rid of that nickname anytime soon :D)

Amazing work!!!

I've been doing PBs to cut down on the fails. No more until tomorrow though because I'm locked.

Ou! Green Nilia is next and She's glorious! :wub:

Holy snap the hatchlings are starting to grow up. And I am in love with the adult purple hybrid...! Can’t wait to see the others grow in few hours! Also the adult Alt Nilia looks like a cute cabbage child. :3

EDIT: Oh my god the cerulean Gemshard is lovely. I need one so bad but I don’t dare to get one until the mechanic is clear...and the pink Sapphire, I def need one because it’s so pretty!

Edited by Shiruvix

I've been really enjoying this event ♥ I hope to collect a large amount of Sapphires to allow me to release pink alts eventually, and hope that others do the same. I love the colours for the new Cantos and can't wait to see the adults.