TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

2 hours ago, Alexiel-sama said:

Sapphire and Gems are not showing neither...and it is not fair to flood only from midnight to 4pm est, as other eggs flood 24h. I want the new eggs too!

Actually that was a longer than normal flood. 

2 hours ago, Alexiel-sama said:

Sapphire and Gems are not showing neither...and it is not fair to flood only from midnight to 4pm est, as other eggs flood 24h. I want the new eggs too!

Actually that was a longer than normal flood. 

I just grabbed a pink Sapphire from the AP! First one I've seen there. I seriously felt like my heart skipped a beat when I realize it, lol. (Okay, now, clarification, Incubating a pink Sapphire doesn't change the color, right?)

10 minutes ago, Kaityn said:

Since we've not yet heard it confirmed as a bug, I'm starting to assume it's intended, so from that point of view, I'm a bit disappointed about the alt Nilias reverting back to normal if abandoned or traded.

@Shokomon Has anybody tested whether teleporting/abandoning alt nilia hatchlings also causes them to revert? Maybe, like the new cantos, we just need to let them hatch before we try to move them around?

Just want to say again, thanks for the release. I love alts. The only dragon that needed to be picked up was the jungle Floret - the rest, we have all the time in the world to get. I'm grateful because trying to pick up 15 CB new species would be tons more stressful, it would be a guessing game for which ones you should prioritize (that would become rare after the drop)!

I also find the abandoned sapphire alt funny... I normally dislike AP walls, but this is the only time where AP walls would be good :P

1 minute ago, Dinala1641882 said:

I'm not sure if the pink will change to yellow if it gets enough views. I haven't seen anyone state anything. Same with the electric and trading. I'm waiting for my egg to hatch and then I can trade with a friend and find out.

I am going to err on the side of caution regarding the Pink Sapphires and assume they can turn into Yellow Sapphires if they have too many views, although I realize we don’t know that for certain yet.

I am still wondering if we teleport a Pink Sapphire (egg or hatchling) that we fished out of the AP, if it can turn blue. 

Like you, I am wondering about the Electric hatchling. It seems to me that, since the effect of Stun wears off/is removed in a teleport, that the Electric hatchling may return to a normal type. But imagine trying to make these alt Electrics on our scroll and having to wait an extra two days for them to grow up. :P I guess we would, if the effect doesn’t wear off? The only way around this that I can picture is if we stun the hatchling right after it hatches ... ahhhHHH I don’t know. Since Stun lasts two days, if we stun an Electric hatchling with 7 days to grow up, then it becomes 8 days with Stun—then at 6 days, it begins to grow again ...

Well, drat. The pink sapphire that I watching to see if trading it made it revert... well, it's no longer part of a trade, and it's still pink. However, the message I got when I refreshed the trade link doesn't really specify whether the egg was actually traded. So this is still up in the air, unless the new owner is here in the forum.

unhelpful trade msg.png

I did save a direct link to the egg, and it is showing the user's scroll name, but I don't remember if that's the name that was on the trade.

Edited by Fyrebird
More info

So far the highest breed counter I've seen is 280--royal hybrid and peach floret.  I haven't seen anything higher.  Has anybody had the breed counter go higher for a new gemshard?  2 of 15 so far--any other news?

Part of the vitrol is coming from the fact that Florets, Gemshards, Coppers, and Cantors have been in high demand. They were grabbed from the cave as fast as they appeared. By the time you see the keyword in the egg description, those eggs are gone. They're continuously in Trade. There was a high demand for Gemshards right before the Birthday event.

Now the demand for those breeds is much higher. People with slower reflexes and slower connections will either lose out or have to wait for months for a decent chance to grab CB eggs of those breeds unless they can offer something like 3 or 4 xeno, zyu, prize, legendary, low generation SAlt hatchlings.

People with quick reflexes and fast connections aren't seeing the problem, because DC is less challenging for them. 

And now you have to risk killing a clutch of Cantor eggs to get a green? The green Cantor is the new Staterae.

Much more demand for CB Cantor eggs when the demand never really died down.

5 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

So far the highest breed counter I've seen is 280--royal hybrid and peach floret.  I haven't seen anything higher.  Has anybody had the breed counter go higher for a new gemshard?  2 of 15 so far--any other news?

Gemshards are all on the same Encyclopedia page, so they are not a new breed. The only new breeds are the other Florets (the fat ones), and the hybrid this release.

Edited by Whirlaway

1 minute ago, Whirlaway said:

Gemshards are all on the same Encyclopedia page, so they are not a new breed. The only new breeds are the other Florets (the fat ones), and the hybrid this release.

I hope so, then I can just ignore everything else.  I'm happy with my z-breeding project and my leveled off breed counter. :)

22 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Like you, I am wondering about the Electric hatchling. It seems to me that, since the effect of Stun wears off/is removed in a teleport, that the Electric hatchling may return to a normal type. But imagine trying to make these alt Electrics on our scroll and having to wait an extra two days for them to grow up. :P I guess we would, if the effect doesn’t wear off? The only way around this that I can picture is if we stun the hatchling right after it hatches ... ahhhHHH I don’t know. Since Stun lasts two days, if we stun an Electric hatchling with 7 days to grow up, then it becomes 8 days with Stun—then at 6 days, it begins to grow again ...

No it did not change when I traded it. It stayed the blue stunned Electric color. My friend also said that it said it was already stunned when she went in to see if she could stun it again.

32 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I just grabbed a pink Sapphire from the AP! First one I've seen there. I seriously felt like my heart skipped a beat when I realize it, lol. (Okay, now, clarification, Incubating a pink Sapphire doesn't change the color, right?)

No, it doesn't change. My friend caught one (so jealous) and incubated it.

Edited by Dinala1641882

5 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

I didn't think of using the Encyclopedia for that purpose--thanks for that info.

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

It is more than a "small addition". I wouldn't have minded one or two things that were a bit of a challenge, but it was so much all at once!

I guess it's a matter of opinion on how big of an addition it is. New mechanics for only 7/280 breeds plus a new hybrid seems pretty small to me, especially given that they're all for commons/uncommons with the exception of Coppers.

I guess a lot of people are complaining about so many alts mechanisms for this birthday release........ let me tell you this birthday celebration is a relief, and fun, and you have plenty of time to work on the alts, not everything HAS to be dated the release date, and thank goodness we don't have to do the math and calculating of the 7? birthday, where if you incubated the first few eggs you would have enough egg slots for the last few eggs and I miscalculated on how rare the coppers would be. Yep, I missed out on pairs of CB coppers. I understand your frustrations, but oh my gosh I still don't have some of the pairs of CB coppers. Compared to that Birthday this one is a walk in the park. :P ( I know, I can buy the coppers now but it just isn't the same, is it.) 

Edited by kzspot

27 minutes ago, Dinala1641882 said:

No it did not change when I traded it. It stayed the blue stunned Electric color. My friend also said that it said it was already stunned when she went in to see if she could stun it 

That is a relief that the stunned blue color remained after teleport.

Right, Stun can’t be used twice on the same hatchling, including after trading it. From the unofficial wiki:

though stun can't be used on the same hatchling again. 

Did it lose the extra time that was added to it? How much time will it take to grow up?

25 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Did it lose the extra time that was added to it? How much time will it take to grow up?

From what I remember, the extra day stays but your hatchie can gain views again once traded.

Edited by Whirlaway

yeah I don't get the big deal. it's my first time being on this site since 2015, obviously there's a lot to catch up on with new breeds, new mechanics, new site features, the shutting down of hatching sites I used to frequently rely on, etc. took a couple of days to get the hang of things again. yall will be okay. on one hand I understand, as I am an easily overwhelmed person and admittedly did get overwhelmed initially with the birthday bash, BUT as a fellow artist I also understand the hours that went into putting all this together for us, and the new alts so far look great especially the little pastel canto. 

only thing I'm peeved about is that I managed to get ahold of a new copper within the first couple hours of the celebration, and in the midst of everyone's excitement and anticipation to find out how to get it, the poor thing got mass clicked and viewed to death, even after being fogged for hours as soon as possible. although I probably shouldve been expecting it LOL, rest in peace lil guy😔

11 minutes ago, kzspot said:

:P ( I know, I can buy the coppers now but it just isn't the same, is it.) 

No, it's not. Market bought dragons are generally regarded as inferior to cave caught dragons (if anyone bothers to check their origin). It's about having 133t egg stealing skillz, u no?

14 minutes ago, missy_ said:

That is a relief that the stunned blue color remained after teleport.

Right, Stun can’t be used twice on the same hatchling, including after trading it. From the unofficial wiki:

though stun can't be used on the same hatchling again. 

14 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

From what I remember, the extra day stays but your hatchie can gain views again once traded.

It didn't loose any time at all, still says 8 days, but yes it is gaining views again.

4 minutes ago, Dinala1641882 said:

It didn't loose any time at all, still says 8 days, but yes it is gaining views again.

Yikes. So it will still take 4 full days to grow up instead of two? 

Most of my (limited) experience with stunned hatchies has been super lowtime ones, where they were stunned by a trader and then IIRC kinda insta-grew up after being teleported. (At least, that is what I think I remember ... But I haven’t used Stun much.)

20 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

No, it's not. Market bought dragons are generally regarded as inferior to cave caught dragons (if anyone bothers to check their origin). It's about having 133t egg stealing skillz, u no?

??? No? If anything they're objectively better than cave dragons due to not being limited by biome when breeding, people just like the thrill of being able to catch things themselves. No one is going consider someone with market-bought staterae inferior.

Edited by Shadowdrake

17 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I got over that when I accepted my internet connection couldn't compete with the others. It took 12 years to catch my very first CB gold (all the others were traded for when I got my first Thuwed). XD I'll need to rely on the market for the Stat Xenos.

I can't wait to see if the all the Friday gemshards will turn the new blue.

Well I, for one, could not possibly care less how or when a dragon is obtained.

Market is just another option besides catching in the biomes or trading, and it requires quite a bit of patience and dedication if you're after a rare.

Edited by Pourlemoment