TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Has this been confirmed? This is the first I'm hearing about any '6 hour' rule. To my knowledge it's just the more stats and less time left, the better chance of hatching. 

I got that tidbit from the Wiki, so I'm assuming it's correct.

ETA: Oops, I meant days, not hours.

Green Dragons can use the "Earthquake" action. This action affects all eggs on a scroll simultaneously, and may result in eggs being forced to hatch early. If the Earthquake action is successful, the hatchling will display the message "This hatchling was forced out of its egg prematurely". There is a fair chance that the egg will be killed or remain unaffected, and a very rare chance the hatchling will run away even if the action is successful.

It is possible to kill every egg on a scroll with this action. Unlike many other BSAs, there is no age limit on the eggs Earthquake can affect, and it will effect fogged eggs and eggs in active trades. This action can be used multiple times on the same eggs.

Eggs must be cracked, and have 6 days or less remaining on their "time until death" to be able to hatch by Earthquake.

Edited by High Lord November

1 minute ago, Syiren said:

That explains why mine went wrong. I think they were around the 5 day range and 4 were unaffected and the other 2 died. (I was a Silver badge at the time) Thank you so much! ^_^

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

Has this been confirmed? This is the first I'm hearing about any '6 hour' rule. To my knowledge it's just the more stats and less time left, the better chance of hatching. 

I think they meant that the egg needs to be cracking and 6 days or less, not cracking and 6 hours or less 

1 minute ago, High Lord November said:

I got that tidbit from the Wiki, so I'm assuming it's correct.

Oh, the wiki say 6 *days*, not 6 hours. That makes a lot more sense. 

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I've never heard this either. Its always been more stats equals better chances. Yes a 6 day egg is more likely to hatch, but I don't think it has to be. And the wiki is unofficial.

Edited by DragonLady86
Wow typos

I believe you don't need to hatch the egg to make it turn green, because I've unlocked new cantor shadows in the encyclopedia with a surviving egg. Perhaps the messages should be changed to make that more clear if it is true.

Message when egg is unaffected:

"The egg is unaffected by the earthquake."

Edited by Lost_Unicorn

1 minute ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

I believe you don't need to hatch the egg to make it turn green, because I've unlocked new cantor shadows in the encyclopedia with a surviving egg. Perhaps the messages should be changed to make that more clear if it is true.

It doesn't need to hatch to turn green, it just needs to survive EQ as an egg to turn green. Make sure to not incubate the egg by accident after using EQ, because incubate will override EQ and turn the variant to red/black.

Edited by High Lord November

7 minutes ago, surelychoo said:

I think they meant that the egg needs to be cracking and 6 days or less, not cracking and 6 hours or less 

Ah, I gotcha. so that means I was just very unlucky. (or somewhat lucky as only 1/3 of my eggs died in that sole attempt.) Thanks for the clear up. :)

@High Lord November That's what I was saying. But why are people talking about waiting and hatching with EQ? Are the chances for survival better that way?

Edited by Lost_Unicorn

The green cantors will make me stressed for sure because I've never even used earthquake before! I'm not going to worry about that right now, anyway, because I have seven other fresh eggs on my scroll that need to be hatched before any attempts... 😸

oh another thing I noticed—the magenta florets seem to be recoloured versions of the old sprite, while the orange, periwinkle, and brown florets are the same colourings but with new sprites. I'm assuming that one trio of pink-purple-brown will be biome-specific and the other trio will be bred-only. That established, I wonder why it's the orange eggs (pink colouring, new sprite) that are the new biome-specific and not the magentas (pink colouring, old sprite).

10 minutes ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

@High Lord November That's what I was saying. But why are people talking about waiting and hatching with EQ? Are the chances for survival better that way?

Yes. The older the egg, and the higher the stats increase chance of survival, success, and catching them before they run away.

40 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

You have to stay in Jungle and every so often, a gemshard or canto will break through the flood of the florets.

It only affects eggs. Though I'm surprised hatchlings don't attempt to fly away. Some birds flee when they sense one coming in our area.

Thanks! :D

39 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

As far as I know you can't choose the color. Breeds with random variants like gemshards are completely random what you get when you buy one, you just have to wait and see what it is when it hatches. Now, due to this new release it's possible that has changed, but that's how it used to be.

Thanks! :D

My progress so far: 1 new biome-Floret, 1 royal hybrid, 1 stunned Electric hatchie, 1 Warded Cantor that hatched white, 1 alt-Copper, 1 cb gemshard caught today (still no idea what color it will be), and 2 fogged cantors that I plan on attempting EQ with *after* all the others hatch.  ..... This is a lot, lol. 

Just caught a sapphire in the desert so they are rarely dropping in other biomes.

Has anyone else noticed that that shadows look like the pink and yellow won't be just recolors but have different poses?

Screenshot_20210521-155301_Chrome.jpg

I'm still feeling that DC should temporarily double egg slots when it comes to the birthday release.

Can i ward a Canto egg or does it have to be the hatchling?

Yikes, other eggs in the biomes already!

Just now, Spyridon said:

I'm still feeling that DC should temporarily double egg slots when it comes to the birthday release.

Can i ward a Canto egg or does it have to be the hatchling?

You have to ward the egg.

What happened to old eggs gradually mixing in? New hour flipped a switch to from new to everything.

2 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

What happened to old eggs gradually mixing in? New hour flipped a switch to from new to everything.

The cave probably is functioning under the idea that none of them are new breeds, just variants.

13 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Yikes. Just refreshing at :10 and the Jungle seems to be back to 'many chirpers, some older breeds' and I didn't even see a floret. 

edit:

I'm curious, if we are correct about the gemshard colors being different each day (plus one day of 'chaos'), is that only from today forward? ie, are all gemshard eggs bred before today going to be the old colors, or is it possible they might hatch into the new colors? I'm hunting for one in the ap to test, but haven't seen any so far. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

1 hour ago, lexi_ said:

i very much dislike having to rely on the AP for these. and not being able to get blue sapphires unless theyre either caught in cave by you, or are completely your own project, and even then it seems tricky to get blues now anyway because you need to control the amount of views that they get. which, honestly, i dont think is fully a bad thing, but sometimes you cant monitor them so closely and some people may struggle to get blues anymore because they dont have the time to keep that close of an eye on their dragons to prevent them from turning... whichever color it was that turns when they have a lot of views. (i forgot XD

blue sapphires on the AP will be such a narrow window, because yes someone can auto it and have a blue show up there, but what if someone else picks it up, decides they dont like it (if they are as picky as i am sometimes with lineages...), and tosses it back. it will no longer be blue, ruining it for someone else who may have wanted to keep it but now wouldnt want it because it lost its color. and besides, the mechanic doesnt really make much sense to me anyway in general...

This is a good point. Not only are CB blue sapphires now impossible to get through the ap, Blue sapphire lineages are also going to be super hard to get. Really disappointing. 

I'm very glad to be here to celebrate Dc 15th birthday. Happy birthday DC ❤️

Such a long time, so many new mechanics, the game is kept fresh and enjoiable. I do like how it keeps evolving, even tho I would like more user-friendly pages to be added for us to keep track of everything. I think for example that in the Encyclopedia there should definetly be space for a specific ALT page where all possibile alternative sprites mechanics are added each time you discover one. 

It's getting a bit off hand. Here is a list of every breed that present some kind of alternate form, permanent or that just last few hours:

I think it would be appreciated if we distinguish from Variants (same breed, same sprite, different colors), Alternative (same breed, different sprite, different colors), Egglike (similar eggs, different adults)

Big spoilers ahead on how to get each alternative colored / sprited version in game.

Spoiler

Aegis (permanent but reversible sprite change after BSA)

Aeon (The use of Precognition causes an aesthetic change in the adult Aeon's sprite that lasts the duration of the cooldown period)

Alcedine (2 completely differnt sprites and color from the same egg)

Black / Dark Green / Undine (bred only possible ALT form. The egg is the same)

Cantormaris (same sprite, 6 different colors)

Celestial (The use of Corporealize causes an aesthetic change in the adult Aeon's sprite that lasts a week)

Copper (same sprite, 3 different colors obtainable CB + 1 new color that can only obtain through breeding. Be careful with the mother's biome when breeding)

Dark Lumina / Light Lumina (when bred to specific breeds they change color for 24 hours. Either breed can produce the other)

purple/red Dorsal (same sprite, 2 different colors)

Electric (ALT obtainbale with stunning an Hatchie)

Firegem (same breed, similar egg, 3 different sprites, 3 different colored adults)

Floret (same breed, similar egg, 6 different colored adults. i dont know if the new adults are also shaped differently as the hatchies and hatchilings are already giving me headache to figure out how many they are)

Gemshard ( same breed, same egg, same adults (presumably), 6 different colors)

Glystere wyrm (his BSA makes him slightly change every 24 hours)

Lunar Herald (same breed, slightly different eggs, same adults, 4 different colors, depends on moon phase)

Nebula (same egg, same hatchie, 2 different set of hatchlings, 2 different sprited set of adults)

Pitfire (alternative obtainable with killing and reviving)

Pyralspite (same breed, slightly different colored eggs, same adults, 3 different ending colors)

Ridgewing (same breed, slightly different colored eggs, same adults, 2 different ending colors

Siyat (same breed, same egg, same adult sprite, 3 different adult colors depending on the time left at hatching)

Snow Angel / Black Sweetling (tied to your scroll ALTS)

Solstice (Bred solstice have different wings)

Spinel Wyvern (same breed, same shape for adults and hatchie, different colors)

Spirit Ward / Nocturne / Stratos (sprite changes on his own during the day)

Striped (same egg, same adults, 5 colors but only 1 obtainable CB)

Sunrise/sunset (same egg, adult depends on the time of the day the egg hatches)

Xol (same egg, alt obtainable with incubate)

Moonglow/Sunbeam Drake (same egg, adult depends on the time of the day the egg is laid)

And i'm still leaving some out, like Xenowyrms, Zyumorph, prizes and Seasonal)

Edited by Naruhina_94

1 hour ago, surelychoo said:

someone suggested new biomes; I've always felt like there was a gap for grasslands/plains, so that could be an idea!

I was thinking something like the "local" equivalent of Madagascar, where there are many species unknown anywhere else. Not sure that geographic isolation works since so many dragons fly and one breed creates its own wormholes, but surely someone could come up with an explanation. Massive caldera from a long-extinct supervolcano, and an earthquake created a rift in the formerly-impenetrable walls?