TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

When breeding for the new copper, can it be any color copper parent, or does it only work for one color?

Just now, raevela said:

When breeding for the new copper, can it be any color copper parent, or does it only work for one color?

any color, what's needed is any lightning aligned dragon aka thunder, electric, bolt and astrapi xeno
also it seems to be the halloween 2015 alt judging from the hatchie

2 minutes ago, raevela said:

Seems to be any copper × any lightning mana type 

2 minutes ago, Skyrix said:

any color, what's needed is any lightning aligned dragon aka thunder, electric, bolt and astrapi xeno

What? It looks exactly like the other copper hatchies.

Edited by DragonLady86

2 minutes ago, Skyrix said:

Thanks, both to you and DragonLady! I don't have many coppers, and the one egg produced from a green copper x thunder was also a green copper, so I wasn't sure.

4 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Seems to be any copper × any lightning mana type 

What? It looks exactly like the other copper hatchies.

the halloween 2015 one is based on electrified copper and as it turns out, the s1 sprite matches the HW2015 s1 sprite which means its been repurposed as a special alt

Woooo Happy Birthday!  Thanks TJ and the artists!  Happy hunting/breeding everyone!

Happy Birthday DC!  Congrats to TJ and all staff!

Any counter news?  I'll be happy if only new Floret and hybrids make it go up.  Do any alts make the breed counter go up?  I don't collect one of every sprite since I just breed for z'codes, I only like to have my breed counter at the max.

Thanks to anyone with info about the coppers, etc.

Edited by random_dragon_collector

5 minutes ago, Skyrix said:

the halloween 2015 one is based on electrified copper and as it turns out, the s1 sprite matches the HW2015 s1 sprite which means its been repurposed as a special alt

https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Caligene_Dragon uh, no. I don't know what dragon your talking about, but the hatchling looks nothing like Caligenes.

Anyone figure out the Gemshards yet? Because I got lucky and caught one.

Just now, Spiteful_Crow said:

Anyone figure out the Gemshards yet? Because I got lucky and caught one.

seems to be time-based but no one has em yet

Guys do you have any idea why I already have two Stages of the new Cantor unlocked?

I warded an egg and stunned a hatchie....

Unbenannt.jpg

7 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Also--4 nilia pairs gave me one no interest and 3 alts.  So perhaps easy to produce.

I got one! :)

6 hours ago, Tini said:

TJ are things other than florets supposed to be dropping? I hear a few others were but its been just the florets for ages now.

I saw a gemshard among the florets.

Happy Birthday, Dragon Cave!

*leaves brownies for everyone*

2 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

So...sapphires can be gotten by abandoning? Or? I'm confused about those.

Pink ones. Auto-abandoning doesn't count.

Edited by Spiteful_Crow

Weirder and weirder - some of the new Floret hatchies are smaller than others....

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I saw a gemshard among the florets.

Happy Birthday, Dragon Cave!

*leaves brownies for everyone*

I'm probably the one who caught it. ;)

*takes brownie, leaves cookie* 🍪 

Happy birthday to DC!

also HHHHHHH so many babies to get o h n o
like oh no too many, this is gonna take me so much time to get 

I am a bit sad that it won't be possible to build pink sapphire lineages. And does this mean there will never be any colour Sapphire in the AP except pink?

29 minutes ago, Skyrix said:

Good catch there, but a bit of miscommunication - that's a Halloween gimmick, not a Halloween dragon.

Edited by schmupti
oh, y'know, anxiety

1 hour ago, Zimtie said:

6 colors -> a different color each day (does the lay date or the hatch date count?) and one day chaos?

I suspect it's hatch date because manipulating that seems to be the latest "thing" with variants. We can't go by TJ's scroll of course because his are always manipulated (last time he changed the sex because they all gendered female!)

11 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Weirder and weirder - some of the new Floret hatchies are smaller than others....

Yes but if you see them on the site they are the same size. I'm guessing it's a preview bug.

7 minutes ago, Wiz said:

I am a bit sad that it won't be possible to build pink sapphire lineages. And does this mean there will never be any colour Sapphire in the AP except pink?

Autoabandoned saphires result in Blue, so there may still be blue ones in AP..

Edited by yieldy

I already can see 6 Cantormaris alts. Exciting! I hope I can catch some eggs soon (I'm a little behind with the latest releases 🤪)

canto.JPG