TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

1 hour ago, Fyrebird said:

So, celestials and moonstones. Anybody have their dragons sorted by color, to pick out other light blues to try?

Not that I can help; as I said, I have no purple florets.

Both Celestials and Moonstones have Magi as their elemental affinity, if anybody's experimenting in that direction...

Edited by schmupti
minor clarification

18 minutes ago, Fyrena said:

RqdnL.gif

I think I found the new copper
(I remembered an experiment from school were we cleaned rusty nails with electricity)

EDIT:
Thunder x Liver of Sulfur copper

Hidden because it already got sick

11 minutes ago, caya said:

Nice, got a new Copper as well from Verdigris x Thunder.

*limited CB Coppers* (Seriously, I have more CB Golds than CB Green or Red Coppers)

*no egg both times, despite Fertility*

I can't get anything tonight. :dry:

omg so many new gifts

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :D 

I tried to collect everything already found out in this thread:

Spoiler

The Sapphires have received two new alts; one from lonely eggs and the other from those that receive a lot of attention.

Pink: Abandoning (on purpose). Yellow: Number of views?

The Coppers have a shiny new alt you can get from breeding in the right way.

Copper x Thunder/Electric/Astrapi/Bolt - theory: all Lightning Element Dragons - https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Lightning_Element_Dragons

A new hybrid is here. Its colors may be a blend of its parents.

Royal Blue x Royal Crimson

Electric Dragons have a new alt. Which BSA you use to obtain it may shock you.

Stun an Electric hatchie.

Three new colors of Gemshards have arrived, but they also have a new time-based mechanic—except for one day when chaos reigns supreme.

?

Two new alts for the Cantormaris Dragons come from two new BSAs.

Ward. Earthquake.

Nilias also have a breed-only alt, from particularly fertile parents.

Nilia pairs, parents  both need to be fertilized (using the BSA of the Purple dragon).

And finally, the Florets. Make sure to grab the fully new variant from the jungle, but there's certainly more to be discovered.

Peach Floret CB in the jungle

Purple Floret x Celestial/Moonstone -> deep purple Floret

Edited by Zimtie

I had a thought with the Florets. There are three CB variants now, could it be that breeding each of the different CB variants with some as yet unknown dragon gives you the other three new variants

i.e.:

purple floret + celestial = deep purple floret

gold floret + ??? = lavender or brown floret

peach floret + ??? = lavender or brown floret

I also wonder if elemental affinity plays a part, Celestials are Magi elemental so deep purple could be with change-aligned dragons

Edited by Chaos Rider

Ah heck, of course I am full with eggs when the news drop and I had completely forgotten about the birthday. Oh well, thankfully most of these eggs require breeding and other stuff, so I don't have to worry about missing the mass-drop. xD
EDIT: But luckily I managed to breed the Royal Blue & Royal Crimson Hybrid on my first try, very excited to see what it looks like! And I got an Electric Egg, waiting for hatch so I can Stun it...
ANOTHER EDIT: I was so floored that I forgot to wish happy birthday to DC. Happy birthday! Just one more year and you can drive! :D

Edited by Shiruvix

4 hours ago, Whirlaway said:

One Cantor changes position (moves below red) with Ward.

Hybrid is from the two Royals (Crimson and Blue).

Sapphire pink needs to be willfully abandoned.

4 hours ago, BlitzDrake said:

Well that's going to be a pain to get the pink one if that's the case, so we need to depend on the AP and luck 😪

3 hours ago, Imzadi said:

I'd like trade better.  There's already so much going on.

I couldn't agree more. Just abandoned one, and traded another - trade didn't work...

3 hours ago, Nalyua said:

Has anyone found the second BSA yet?

Stun works on the new electric.

59 minutes ago, Wiz said:

@oxoniensis

Oh that's awesome! But you might want to change that to a lineage view so it doesn't get sick.

Thank you! I didn’t know you could use lineage view on a CB, so that’s very helpful!

I've got four Florets from the Jungle. Think I'm going to wait and see if anything else drops before trying the hybrids. All this is just mind-boggling.

i got 4 of the new peach eggs, 1 new nilia, 1 new copper, and 1 hybrid.crimson x blue.

all my thunders failed/ refused and my florets x celestials only gave the basic colors. 😒

Happy birthday, Dragon Cave! I had been a bit worried, to be honest, because my scroll was kind of full... but luckily I managed to find room for two new florets, and the birthday release didn't turn out to be a one-day project, anyway. 😸

Edited by Varislapsi

I really hope the BSA for the Canto is earthquake... Because that gives me a good reason to have just killed 3 eggs (including the Canto)

Happy birthday!  I woke up to an inordinate amount of new eggs and 11 pages on the news thread. I am not going to be able to read all this before work. XD

Now can someone please help me up off the floor?

warded my canto, then mistakenly incubated it and realized i just ruined its color now.

hopefully i can ward it again. 😒

4 minutes ago, Modiano said:

I really hope the BSA for the Canto is earthquake... Because that gives me a good reason to have just killed 3 eggs (including the Canto)

Oh no 😆

Happy birthday, DC!

Wow, so many new alts. :)

Can anyone confirm if the new coppers can be acquired from both thunder and electric parents? I saw thunder in this thread but I think I glimpsed one from electric in the trading hub... (maybe bolt would also work then?)

2 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

warded my canto, then mistakenly incubated it and realized i just ruined its color now.

hopefully i can ward it again. 😒

Aww, that’s a shame. Maybe you can do a double transfer with a friend. I had two pages open so I could incubate and ward with only a second in between, as I was scared my Canto would hatch before I had time to ward it!

2 minutes ago, MissK. said:

Can anyone confirm if the new coppers can be acquired from both thunder and electric parents? I saw thunder in this thread but I think I glimpsed one from electric in the trading hub... (maybe bolt would also work then?)

I'm currently trying any combination with all the "lightning" elemental breeds.

But my coppers are stubborn breeders. :D  ;)

2 minutes ago, MissK. said:

I got 2 new coopers from Electric.

One from green and one from brown cooper parent, so i guess for new coopers logic if this:

Any color Cooper x Any electrical element breed ( thunder, electric some say bolt too, but my exp gived only bolts, will be happy if someone share for bolts )

It would be cool if they worked with Astrapis too.