TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

4 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

The peach Floret made my count up, though.

The peach has a different sprite and both hatchling and adult dimorphism. Persumably it will be under a different section of the encyclopedia since it doesn't have shadows for the peach brown and blue. (Magenta did show up though)

Edited by DragonLady86

2 minutes ago, Arwen17 said:

Seriously, I hate this abandon mechanic even more than the earthquake mechanic. I don't want to risk dragons dying outside of specific breeds like zombies, vampires, and neglecteds. But abandoning things to the AP is far worse. At least with killing eggs, eventually you will get one that lives. With abandoned eggs, you may NEVER snatch that egg fast enough to get it back, or if the AP is back-logged, you'll never see it.

It's more or less the return of pre-teleport AP-based trade ... Oh how I did NOT miss those times!

Good luck to everyone obtaining the new dragons and their variants! 

Ive managed to get a few of the new Alts, my coppers are not coperating and sadly I don't use earthquake BSA because I don't want to risk any dying, but haveing so much fun trying all these methods out,  happly egg locked now though but once they have hatched it's round two :)

Also yay hatchies there all so cute and loverly colours 

Edited by Bloommist

9 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It's more or less the return of pre-teleport AP-based trade ... Oh how I did NOT miss those times!

Yeah, plus isn't there some rule that if you abandon something you can't be the first person to pick it up?

🍰 Happy birthday, Dragon Cave! 🍰

This release is more than I can wrap my head around on only one cup of coffee  so I'm starting small with the Jungle drops and saving the rest for later. 

The fact that new florets aren't creating shadows in the floret encylopedia, the different head crest + tail, and the muscley wings and opening mouth like it's asking for food....

Cuckoo florets...?

19 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

The peach Floret made my count up, though.

But viewing the eggs - even in lineage view - isn't upping my encyclopedia egg view count :(

Just now, Murkydepths said:

The fact that new florets aren't creating shadows in the floret encylopedia, the different head crest + tail, and the muscley wings and opening mouth like it's asking for food....

Cuckoo florets...?

They DO create shadows. But I can't make my views go up.

image.png.6cf0f6d4d659583275738efd7d6cd3b1.png

6 minutes ago, Wiz said:

Yeah, plus isn't there some rule that if you abandon something you can't be the first person to pick it up?

Pretty sure this is still the case yes. I regularly pick up and reabandon ap eggs, and if I click one again after it pops back up I cannot pick it up.

Do we know if the yellow ones also turn pink after abandoning...? 

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

But viewing the eggs - even in lineage view - isn't upping my encyclopedia egg view count :(

They DO create shadows. But I can't make my views go up.

image.png.6cf0f6d4d659583275738efd7d6cd3b1.png

That might just be the new CB peach though. No sign of the new s1 sprite. 

17 minutes ago, Arwen17 said:

Seriously, I hate this abandon mechanic even more than the earthquake mechanic. I don't want to risk dragons dying outside of specific breeds like zombies, vampires, and neglecteds. But abandoning things to the AP is far worse. At least with killing eggs, eventually you will get one that lives. With abandoned eggs, you may NEVER snatch that egg fast enough to get it back, or if the AP is back-logged, you'll never see it.

And if we want to get or use Zombies/Earthquake/Neglect at least that's our choice.

I'd rather the new Sapphires get their colors from teleport Cantos or by waiting til it's under 4 days to add them (lonely/isolated). On the plus side, people are abandoning the sapphires and some aren't turning, so hopefully AP'ing it won't be the ONLY way. 

I'm Egg-locked on 4 Florets, 2 Hybrids, a red x blue gemshard I bred (hoping for a purple), and 1 CB Nillia for breeding later. I had an electric growing so I stunned him and got that alt. 

Just now, Athea said:

Remove curse on my Zombies!? You've got to be kidding me!

That one's been there for years, it just used to be called Expunge.

3 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Also, got a new Nilia from Nilia & Pumpkin, both fertilized, of course. So not a PB-only alt :)

Thanks! Good to know. I had that question but hadn't had time to try yet.

3 minutes ago, BlitzDrake said:

And if we want to get or use Zombies/Earthquake/Neglect at least that's our choice.

I'd rather the new Sapphires get their colors from teleport Cantos or by waiting til it's under 4 days to add them (lonely/isolated). On the plus side, people are abandoning the sapphires and some aren't turning, so hopefully AP'ing it won't be the ONLY way. 

this this this. Don't make abandon the only way to get these things.

And I would prefer not to murder dragons just for a COLOR change. Make these particular dragons impervious to dying from Earthquake or something. You can't have anything else on your scroll while making them, but at least this specific breed won't be murdered constantly in attempts to get a specific color.

Happy Birthday DC! 🥂🎉

Holy mother of all cows, that's an insane amount of new dragons!

Can anyone tell me, is the Floret the only one from the caves?  Are the rest form other methods?  It's too confusing for me.

Happy Birthday, Dragcave! 🎉

Gemshards are my favorite noodles and the new colors are so pretty!!!  I can't wait to see them as adults!

Thank you to TJ and the artists!

1 minute ago, daba555 said:

Can anyone tell me, is the Floret the only one from the caves?  Are the rest form other methods?  It's too confusing for me.

All of them are breedable except the florets currently dropping in the Jungle. Some of them are breed-only. Some will be possible when the other CBs come back, but are also breedable.

Thanks muchly.  I regret to say some of these I will never have.  I'm too old and not enough time in my life to figure this out, LOL.  

I did catch the peach florets easily, though, and will worry about the rest later.

10 minutes ago, Pourlemoment said:

Can anyone tell me if either one of these is the new Copper, because I can't tell.

image.png.0a0c940be91622fbb853dd5a4d799295.png

The bottom one is new.

The old copper egg has some beige/brownish part on the left side or top right.

Edited by caya

1 minute ago, caya said:

The bottom one is new.

The old copper egg has some beige/brownish part on the left side or top right.

Your eyes are better than mine.  Thank you!