TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

Just now, MoonCharm said:
New biomes needed! I dream of new biomes, the old ones are already cramped. There are so many players that I am still collecting releases from last summer, I have not even received all of them yet.

Oh yes this! There needs to be an exploration team and discovery of far off lands.

Happy Birthday Dragon Cave....

And Happy Birthday to Me!!!!

*cuddles new eggs*

🤩🥳

Oh man, I wake up and so many new pages in this thread, I'm still going through the pages to see what has been found out. This is nuts, wow. There is so much new information and new things to remember with this release... (Also, I saw the posts about the new Copper and was able to breed one, but my goodness the new-Copper's egg color is waaaayy too close to the 'rainbow' egg color, I had to stare at both types for a good while to see any difference at all!)

Hmmmmm. A friend of mine has EQd cantos twice - and killed them. NOT good...

Lol I'm halfway through a Canto lineage that I was making 4EG so I could represent all the colours. I guess at least I didn't finish it yet, but so not sure I want to add the EQ variant. 

Happy Birthday DC! Thank you for all the new dragons- a celebration indeed!!

omg so many new dragons!!!! the more the merrier 🥰 love that there are cool tricks to getting certain types too; it's the challenge that's the most fun part for me

happy birthday DC! glad I came back to you this year 🙂

9 minutes ago, Pourlemoment said:

Has anyone gotten a brown Floret egg yet?

Not obtainable yet:

3 hours ago, Pixxelation said:

Hey folks, I wouldn't normally wanna make any statements this explicit, but given the bumpiness with the release, I'm just gonna say this outright to ease stress: the (dark) pink floret eggs shouldn't be obtainable quite yet. Existing pink eggs not owned by T.J. are unfortunately a glitch and will likely be fixed. Thanks for your patience while we sort things out.

Additionally, the tininess on some of the Floret S1s and the one Pink Sapphire S1 appears to be something weird happening on the forum end of things. Scale is correct on-site if you click the view links :)

1 minute ago, Velvetie said:

Does anyone know at what number of views the Sapphires change colors?

I saw the figure 800 UVs mentioned several places in this thread.

Just now, purplehaze said:

I saw the figure 800 UVs mentioned several places in this thread.

Oh.. so it's not possible to have Blue or Pink Sapphires with a lot of views anymore? :( 

1 minute ago, Velvetie said:

Oh.. so it's not possible to have Blue or Pink Sapphires with a lot of views anymore? :( 

That's a good question, because my babies routinely get that many views.

Happy 15th birthday DC! ^^

I'm gonna go with unpopular opinion of...

Spoiler

Two-headed and drakes yet again getting the short end of the stick.

But otherwise this is delightful release, even if I am not fan of certain mechanics provided to get certain variations. Oh well.

"Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It’s a brilliant blue-green color."
Hmmm .. 😆
This description does not go well with the new colors, if it's worth mentioning.

Edited by yieldy

Woah, so finally caught up with the thread and apparently the dark-pink (purple, imo) Floret I bred last night is a glitch? Dang. That sucks. I was so excited to be the first one to post that discovery!! 

No idea whether this (https://dragcave.net/lineage/SAk46) is a new copper. I don't think it is, but I'm not willing to just abandon it yet.

NOT a fan of only 1 actual new breed, and that being a hybrid, though it's a nice hybrid. Very pretty.  

NOT a fan of the mechanics for variants. Earthquake requirement?  Not cool. Abandoning requirement? Not cool.  And did we really need more Canto variants when they're already difficult to collect?  I mean, I think the green variant is adorable, but am I willing to EQ for them?  

For a milestone like this, I'm honestly a bit disappointed in the implementation. I can understand the desire to give people something they can work on without the frustration of hunting vainly in the caves, and I can appreciate that.  But this is... a lot.

Still, I love the game, and am happy to have been part of it for so long.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

1 hour ago, DragonLady86 said:

A color only obtainable through abandoning is a slap in the face to lineage builders. I really don't understand why any would think that was a good idea. And I'm not big on lineages myself 

Here's a nice piece of perspective; lineage builders are as capable of trading as everybody else. If you're specifically hoping for long lines with the abandoned alt, the best course of action for you is likely breeding many and posting rewards for finders until the right one comes home to you. I imagine this particular mechanic is going to re-teach us how to play cooperatively, like in the old days of AP trading.

This month I also celebrate 7 years of Dragon Cave membership. Happy 15th, DC!!!

I love all the new colours (finally some PURPLE AND ORANGE GEMSHARDS) but the mechanics required for some of those variants ... Earthquake and Abandn, really?!

Maybe I'm finally too old for this game.

3 minutes ago, Marrionetta said:

Here's a nice piece of perspective; lineage builders are as capable of trading as everybody else. If you're specifically hoping for long lines with the abandoned alt, the best course of action for you is likely breeding many and posting rewards for finders until the right one comes home to you. I imagine this particular mechanic is going to re-teach us how to play cooperatively, like in the old days of AP trading.

It's an interesting mechanic for sure. But, like the Cantor-teleport variant, it's another step away from being able to play by yourself without anyone's help. As I said in the Cantor release. DC used to be huge on the whole idea of being able to play solitarily, you could trade and such but it was never *necessary* to interact with others. Now it is. Now there are variants you can *only* get by interacting with others. I'm not necessarily saying that's a bad thing, it's just DC moving in a different direction.