TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

1 hour ago, Diggie said:

Does the blue floret hatchling look small to anyone else?

Both blue and peach seem to have one hatchie larger than the others, although it's not because of gendering because they're all still S1.

HOLY MOLY!

SO MANY ALTS!

SO MANY VARIANTS!

THERE IS NO WAY TO GET THEM ALL IN ONE GO. 

EVEN THE NEW ELECTRICS HAVE A ALT!

I'M SO EXCITE.

Now to figure out how to get them all...

Any one figure anything out yet?

Hey folks, I wouldn't normally wanna make any statements this explicit, but given the bumpiness with the release, I'm just gonna say this outright to ease stress: the (dark) pink floret eggs shouldn't be obtainable quite yet. Existing pink eggs not owned by T.J. are unfortunately a glitch and will likely be fixed. Thanks for your patience while we sort things out.

Additionally, the tininess on some of the Floret S1s and the one Pink Sapphire S1 appears to be something weird happening on the forum end of things. Scale is correct on-site if you click the view links :)

So I guess dark pink Florets would be bred from the new jungle variant?

6 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

HOLY MOLY!

SO MANY ALTS!

SO MANY VARIANTS!

THERE IS NO WAY TO GET THEM ALL IN ONE GO. 

EVEN THE NEW ELECTRICS HAVE A ALT!

I'M SO EXCITE.

Now to figure out how to get them all...

Any one figure anything out yet?

Nilla: both parents fertilized 

Copper: breed with lightning aligned dragon 

Gemhard: time based, not enough info yet

Cantos: white is Ward, Green is earthquake 

Electric: stun the hatchling 

Sapphire: pink willfully abandoned, yellow a lot of views

Florets: orange is the jungle, breed combos still testing 

New hybrid: royal blue+crimson 

Edited by DragonLady86

6 minutes ago, Pixxelation said:

Hey folks, I wouldn't normally wanna make any statements this explicit, but given the bumpiness with the release, I'm just gonna say this outright to ease stress: the (dark) pink floret eggs shouldn't be obtainable quite yet. Existing pink eggs not owned by T.J. are unfortunately a glitch and will likely be fixed. Thanks for your patience while we sort things out.

Is that why the hatchie looks borked ?

5 minutes ago, Pixxelation said:

the (dark) pink floret eggs shouldn't be obtainable quite yet

Oh noes! So the people with grape eggs are going to have their eggs change color again? Sad for them.

But that does imply, as Ruby Eyes said, that it involves breeding the new peach ones. Guess we can throw out our notes on successfull crossbreeding for those.

Just now, Fuzzbucket said:

Is that why the hatchie looks borked ?

The only issue with the hatchie images as far as I can tell is that something weird happened with the forum image embedding, and as a result, a few sprites are displaying scaled down in the forum post. Images are correct on site if you click the view link.

...And just to send people down a new rabbit hole... has anybody tried analyzing the CODES on TJ's dragons? He does get to pick those, and there might be clues in there. I gotta run so that's left as an exercise for the student.

2 minutes ago, Pixxelation said:

The only issue with the hatchie images as far as I can tell is that something weird happened with the forum image embedding, and as a result, a few sprites are displaying scaled down in the forum post. Images are correct on site if you click the view link.

So the first hatchies in the line (from the magenta eggs) are supposed to have the old style appearance and the others are new style ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

So the first hatchies in the line (from the magenta eggs) are supposed to have the old style appearance and the others are new style ?

:)

26 minutes ago, Berlin-Angel said:

I already can see 6 Cantormaris alts. Exciting! I hope I can catch some eggs soon (I'm a little behind with the latest releases 🤪)

canto.JPG

How did you unlock them?

EQ and Ward?

1 minute ago, Nalyua said:

How did you unlock them?

EQ and Ward?

Earthquake and ward give the new colors. To unlock the shadows you need to own one or click on enough of that varient

3 minutes ago, Nalyua said:

How did you unlock them?

EQ and Ward?

DragonLady86 is right: I watched lots of hatchies and adults to unlock the details in the encyclopedia 😅 and then suddenly all 6 Types showed up!

Just now, DragonLady86 said:

Earthquake and ward give the new colors. To unlock the shadows you need to own one or click on enough of that varient

I know how to unlock the sprites. I just wanted to know if we know the second BSA for sure now. I got one alt via Ward, but sind I only had 1 Egg testing anything else makes no sense for me.

1 minute ago, Nalyua said:

I know how to unlock the sprites. I just wanted to know if we know the second BSA for sure now. I got one alt via Ward, but sind I only had 1 Egg testing anything else makes no sense for me.

Yes we know the BSA's. Ward and earthquake as I said.

I did the math (which is not as catchy as "you do the math")

2 new sapphire colors

+ 1 new copper color

+ 1 new hybrid (full-size)

+ 1 new electric color

+ 3 new gemshard colors

+ 2 new cantomaris colors

+ 1 new pygmy color

+ 4 new floret colors

------

15 new dragons for the 15th birthday

7 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

I did the math (which is not as catchy as "you do the math")

2 new sapphire colors

+ 1 new copper color

+ 1 new hybrid (full-size)

+ 1 new electric color

+ 3 new gemshard colors

+ 2 new cantomaris colors

+ 1 new pygmy color

+ 4 new floret colors

------

15 new dragons for the 15th birthday

Any idea on how many actually add to the breed counter?

Maybe we can coordinate a mass-breed and -abandon of Sapphires one of these days?

In theory, only the new royal hybrid should be a new breed.

6 minutes ago, Stormfriend said:

Maybe we can coordinate a mass-breed and -abandon of Sapphires one of these days?

Seriously, I hate this abandon mechanic even more than the earthquake mechanic. I don't want to risk dragons dying outside of specific breeds like zombies, vampires, and neglecteds. But abandoning things to the AP is far worse. At least with killing eggs, eventually you will get one that lives. With abandoned eggs, you may NEVER snatch that egg fast enough to get it back, or if the AP is back-logged, you'll never see it.

Ahh the white cantor hatchie! 😻 Also the new hybrid looks lovely even if I don't usually get so excited about bred-only breeds!

Too bad it's so difficult (for me at least) to catch anything except the peach florets right now, even if I finally have more room. But I was able to grab one cantor and one sapphire at the top of the hour!