TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

My 4 Royal pairs gave 4 Hybrids.

My 2 Nilia pairs gave 2 regular Nilias (yes, with everybody fertilized).

I have no unmated Coppers to try anything.

All eggs were sent to the AP.

@Miraku - The peach Floret seems to be the only new release that can be caught in the cave. The rest is aquired by breeding or using BSAs on breeds we already have. Some things were already found out and posted here in the thread.

Just now, Zimtie said:

@Miraku - The peach Floret seems to be the only new release that can be caught in the cave. The rest is aquired by breeding or using BSAs on breeds we already have. Some things were already found out and posted here in the thread.

Not entirely true, the rest just aren't flooding like the floret. Sapphires appear to be cb both ways, as should cantors. Electric can be for sure. Gemshards sound like they can be cb as well.

happy birthday, dc!!! god, it's so weird to think the game is so old, but i'm so glad the admins and mods dedication and hard work kept this game going for so damn long. thank you for everything!!

17 minutes ago, Magellan said:

Just check the entry post carefully. It tells you, that the Floret is the only one to grab and gives hints on how to obtain the others. Good luck :)

Oh wow! I read it too fast. I thought it was like with the Xeno with new variants! 🤭

18 minutes ago, Modiano said:

Maybe the Floret variants are like this:

Grape from breeding purple

Brown from breeding gold

Light blue from using precog

I just tried precog on one peach Floret, and it’s still peach. The other I influenced, incubated and warded, and it’s still peach! 😂

🎂 Happy Birthday DC! 🎂

You are not old at all, you are a teenager! XD

and OMG so many new dragons/-colors to discover WOW!

Sorry if this has been suggested already, a bit scatterbrained right now...

Regarding Sapphires - has anyone gotten any new variety yet? I was thinking about the hint:

"The Sapphires have received two new alts; one from lonely eggs and the other from those that receive a lot of attention"

Any chance this has anything to do with how many views/clicks the other parent has?

14 minutes ago, Modiano said:

The one I auto-abandoned remained blue

Yes, but that's auto-ing, which apparently doesn't work. I abandoned these deliberately.

9 minutes ago, oxoniensis said:
  Hide contents

@oxoniensis

Oh that's awesome! But you might want to change that to a lineage view so it doesn't get sick.

Edited by Wiz

Does anybody have a new Electric yet? Does Stun on the Hatchling change it to an Alt or can Stun be used on Electric eggs?

Just now, caya said:

Does anybody have a new Electric yet? Does Stun on the Hatchling change it to an Alt or can Stun be used on Electric eggs?

You Stun the hatchie.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/RqdnL

I think I found the new copper
(I remembered an experiment from school were we cleaned rusty nails with electricity)

EDIT:
Thunder x Liver of Sulfur copper

Switched to lineage view

Edited by Fyrena

1 hour ago, Wiz said:

I'm going to load up on the CBs and take my time with the hybrids, let others work it out for me. :D

That idea came just up my mind too lol ... will see if I can resist my urge for experimenting xD

2 minutes ago, Fyrena said:

RqdnL.gif

I think I found the new copper
(I remembered an experiment from school were we cleaned rusty nails with electricity)

Looks like it! Congratulations :D

Well, now I'm miffed since i did a bunch of that pairing earlier and got old coppers and no eggs.

18 minutes ago, Ripan said:

Sorry if this has been suggested already, a bit scatterbrained right now...

Regarding Sapphires - has anyone gotten any new variety yet? I was thinking about the hint:

"The Sapphires have received two new alts; one from lonely eggs and the other from those that receive a lot of attention"

Any chance this has anything to do with how many views/clicks the other parent has?

Pinks are from using the abandon action. Yellows are views, i watched one blue hatchie turn yellow at about 4kov 800uv. 

1 minute ago, Tini said:

Pinks are from using the abandon action. Yellows are views, i watched one blue hatchie turn yellow at about 4kov 800uv. 

Thanks a lot for the clarification! :) 

Thats one thing less to figure out.

Nice, got a new Copper as well from Verdigris x Thunder.

Good call Fyrena!

And thanks Spiteful_Crow ^^

What, already one year gone?!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dragon Cave!!!

Thanks to TJ and all the spriters for these great ideas for alts! Just thought about that a couple days ago :D 

And I love hybrids, so thank you for another one!

I hope I can catch up with all the possibilities and options, that are new :) 

4 hours ago, Mathcat said:

Using Fertility on both nilias can give you the new alt. Haven't tried using Fertility on just one parent yet.

I have. It didn't work - but on both did.

This is going to make hay with my massive pygmy lineage :( Maybe I will just leave the new one out.

Edited by Fuzzbucket