TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

Floret experiments: Tried gold floret with hydrophidius, got a hydrophidius egg. Tried purple floret with flamingo, got purple floret. Purple floret and Pyralspite gave no egg. 

..... And SUCCESS! Got the new deep-purple Floret by breeding purple Floret with Celestial!!

Spoiler

image.png.b220adc71cffd64cf884c59c0dd8dd1e.png

Edited by HeatherMarie

9 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

..... And SUCCESS! Got the new deep-purple Floret by breeding purple Floret with Celestial!!

Hide contents

image.png.b220adc71cffd64cf884c59c0dd8dd1e.png

@HeatherMarie, may I ask what kind of breed is Gedroko? I haven't been here for years and apparently I forgot everything 😪

9 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

And SUCCESS! Got the new deep-purple Floret by breeding purple Floret with Celestial!!

I'm inspired by your names. I hereby dub the new color "grape" (and hope it sticks because it doesn't look magenta to me).

i tried using fertility on only one nilia parent and it gave me a regular nilia. so it looks like both the nilia parents need the bsa

Just now, dooyoo said:

i tried using fertility on only one nilia parent and it gave me a regular nilia. so it looks like both the nilia parents need the bsa

Makes sense. TJ did say it's from "particularly fertile parents."

Happy birthday DC!

Thank you everybody involved for your effort and hard work.

And I don't want to be ungrateful. But I must confess: I am kind of disappointed. I am a player who dislikes breeding and hatching mechanics. So this birthday release with tweaks for already complicated breeds (Coppers, Gemshards) and lot of hybrids and BSA and dunno is nothing for me. And yes, I know this is my personal problem. But we keep getting more and more of this stuff (am I the only one still trying to get their Cantos together?) and I sure can't be the only player frustrated by that.

2 minutes ago, MiszMasz29 said:

@HeatherMarie, may I ask what kind of breed is Gedroko? I haven't been here for years and apparently I forgot everything 😪

Purple Floret. Florets originally had purple and gold variants, now we have new variants to figure out!

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Purple Floret. Florets originally had purple and gold variants, now we have new variants to figure out!

Ohh I see, thank you so much for your answer!!

6 minutes ago, Zimtie said:

And I don't want to be ungrateful. But I must confess: I am kind of disappointed. I am a player who dislikes breeding and hatching mechanics. So this birthday release with tweaks for already complicated breeds (Coppers, Gemshards) and lot of hybrids and BSA and dunno is nothing for me. And yes, I know this is my personal problem. But we keep getting more and more of this stuff (am I the only one still trying to get their Cantos together?) and I sure can't be the only player frustrated by that.

It's not just you, trust me. I definitely appreciate all the hard work the spriters put into this, but the mechanics make me want to bang my head against the wall.

Also not a huge fan of many new hybrids, because it just means more breeds I love (Guardians, Royal Crimsons, and now Royal Blues) being used for fodder and dumped into the AP when they fail.

Edited by Spiteful_Crow
(autocorrect can kiss my ...)

Happy birthday DC!!!!:nyan:🎂🎈  TY to to TJ & Spriters for all these lovelies!

btw you can get deep purple floret by breeding floret+moonstone...worked for me!!

4 minutes ago, rachii.xo said:

btw you can get deep purple floret by breeding floret+moonstone...worked for me!!

So, celestials and moonstones. Anybody have their dragons sorted by color, to pick out other light blues to try?

Not that I can help; as I said, I have no purple florets.

What are the odds one of the floret options is from breeding a purple floret to a gold floret? Maybe the dark one?

Edited by Fyrebird
Added thought.

I don't have enough CBs and even non-cb's for breeding new hybrids=DWhoops, but I hope I can exchange for the new ones somehow=)

12 minutes ago, Zimtie said:

Happy birthday DC!

Thank you everybody involved for your effort and hard work.

Personally I think it would be better if any sort of complicated-variant-mechanic release comes with 'regular' releases as well. Like, hypothetically for this release there could've been 3-4 alt-mechanics and then a couple regular new releases as well, so people who get frustrated with these complicated things can still have pretty new breeds to collect without bothering with all of that. A new release with *14* new alt-mechanic variants is definitely pretty overwhelming.

Edited by HeatherMarie

Auto-abandon doesn't count for the Sapphire egg to turn pink

7 minutes ago, rachii.xo said:

Happy birthday DC!!!!:nyan:🎂🎈  TY to to TJ & Spriters for all these lovelies!

I think that one's just a regular purple floret.

Happy Birthday DC :nyan: alot:nyan:

Note to self: Today is Friday and I brought 2 Gemshards from the market. I am really loving the idea Gems are no longer random. Makes me want to do something with them.

Need more female Nilias, I only have unused male CBs.

I'm going to load up on the CBs and take my time with the hybrids, let others work it out for me. :D

Edited by Wiz

8 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

What are the odds one of the floret options is from breeding a purple floret to a gold floret? Maybe the dark one?

Just tried it, got a gold floret. 

...... I've been using Fertility because these are all new pairings for my dragons, is it possible a variant is can't-use-Fertility based? (It sounds unlikely but we have BSA-variants now so anything is possible...)

Happy Birthday, Dragon Cave! Thanks for everything and to everyone for all the joy!  ^_^❤️ 

Pretty big release. ❤️

Happy birthday dragoncave!

I would love not getting 90% "no interest/no egg" from trying to breed a hybrid, the florets or my gemshard.

Come on, please! :(

2 minutes ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

I would love not getting 90% "no interest/no egg" from trying to breed a hybrid, the florets or my gemshard

I'm going to try to find a silver lining for you here.

During a new release, the biomes without new eggs are empty. So maybe all of these "no egg/no interest" are simply mixes that won't give you the new hybrids, and that's why they're not going to give you an egg at all? At least you won't have to abandon/kill/whatever the hybrid fails.

I haven't been playing very actively as of late so I'd completely forgotten about DC's birthday so thank goodness for the random little impulse that was like "y'know, I haven't checked on my scroll in a while, let's see what's up!" lol

Happy birthday Dragon Cave! Can't wait to play around and try and get all the new variants! :D So far I have a Royal Purple hybrid, a new Nilia, and the CB Floret. I wonder if since the new purple Floret is apparently old purple x star/moon/night dragons, if the other is gold Floret x sun aligned dragon???

🎶Happy Birthday DC!🎶

And now all my breeding projects are postponed indefinately, haha!😱👀🙉