TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

do you have to breed for the other floret colors? i got orange ones from jungle

Edited by digitalthunder

I warded a cantormaris and it worked.  The encyclopedia did not change.  Still 4 forms

27 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

Figured out the purple hybrid! Breed a royal blue to a royal crimson and you'll get the purple egg.

Or, if you're me, you get a royal blue egg and a headache, plus a couple of "hey, I'm still on cooldown from nobleshield attempts."

The blues and crimsons produce a lot of parent eggs, it took me several attempts to get a pair.

Edited by blockEdragon

Just now, digitalthunder said:

do you have to breed for the other floret colors? i got orange ones from jungle

Seems that way. TJ's post says a "fully new variant" is in the cave and the rest is to be discovered.

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I feel like the Coppers are just kinda oversaturated now? Especially the red/rainbow. 

Yes. Oversaturated, all of them. They look like a sharpen Photoshop filter was applied; at least, that is the only way I know how to describe the effect.

I am not a fan of the new look. I loved the old Coppers; they looked like realistic copper, not like overly colorful, happy glow-in-the-dark, “My Little Pony meets Fort Knox” kind of copper.

I wish we had an option, a filter, to view the older version, but we don’t.

4 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

does anyone have breed counter news?  nilia alt doesn't add to it.

Mine went up to 280, I bred the Royal hybrid and got the new Floret from Jungle. Haven't tried for a Nillia yet though.

6 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

Sapphire pink needs to be willfully abandoned.

Well that's going to be a pain to get the pink one if that's the case, so we need to depend on the AP and luck 😪

5 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

The blues and crimsons produce a lot of parent eggs, it took me several attempts to get a pair.

I got 3 RBs and 1 RC before I got the hybrid.

2 minutes ago, BlitzDrake said:

Well that's going to be a pain to get the pink one if that's the case, so we need to depend on the AP and luck 😪

I'd like trade better.  There's already so much going on.

Welp, I'm locked until my Pharos hatches, so Imma say good night and see if the rush calms down by morning. either way, looking forward to seeing these new dragons. Night all, and happy Birthday DC!!!!

I feel like I have to be Hermione Granger when it comes down to DC's birthday and the new hints are posted.

31 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Ahh, I see. that makes a lot more sense. S'all good. I always have a mini panic mode with new eggs, and I was expecting this drop during the weekend. lol. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Normal drops are during the weekend, but May 21st is the birthday drop, whenever that may be.

I like the new copper sprites - I can actually tell the difference between regular and rainbow copper now! The improvement for the shading and texture on the wings, and the general sprite, is really nice too. The only thing I miss are some of the subtleties and the other shades of colours popping in, they seem a bit more monotone now. Overall nice edits :)

Edited by High Lord November

2 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

Normal drops are during the weekend, but May 21st is the birthday drop, whenever that may be.

Ah, so it does matter for the B-day celebration. I can't remember if last year was on a weekend or not, my brain fell asleep about 20 minutes ago, lol. Still, thanks. I'll mark that in my calander now so I won't forget for next year. thankfully, I only had one egg on my scroll and plenty of room. 

Apparently warding a Cantor Egg worked.

Has anyone found the second BSA yet?

I also tried to stun a cantor hatchie but it didn't change so idk.

TJ are things other than florets supposed to be dropping? I hear a few others were but its been just the florets for ages now.

1 minute ago, Nalyua said:

Apparently warding a Cantor Egg worked.

Has anyone found the second BSA yet?

I also tried to stun a cantor hatchie but it didn't change so idk.

Its almost definitely earthquake. 

Edited by Tini

1 minute ago, Tini said:

TJ are things other than florets supposed to be dropping? I hear a few others were but its been just the florets for ages now.

Its almost definitely earthquake. 

What makes you think EQ?

16 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Orange Floret bumped my counter, too.

Ditto!

Just now, Nalyua said:

What makes you think EQ?

All of the other BSAs have been tested. Ward shuffled where it was, none of the others did. Plus there's not exactly many left. It could be influence but I don't think that was shuffling it. Its really down to those two.

I just bred and abandoned a bunch of sapphire eggs and every single one of them turned pink!

3 minutes ago, Nalyua said:

What makes you think EQ?

I used EQ with a Cantormaris egg, and got a new shadow on my encyclopedia page. I was unable to use ward as the site threw an error.

1478641558_ScreenShot2021-05-21at1_22_27AM.thumb.png.eff00d9dc3a1a77ef990dfb08ea1c53d.png

Edited by High Lord November

2 minutes ago, High Lord November said:

I used EQ with a Cantormaris egg, and got a new shadow on my encyclopedia page. I was unable to use ward as the site threw an error.

1478641558_ScreenShot2021-05-21at1_22_27AM.thumb.png.eff00d9dc3a1a77ef990dfb08ea1c53d.png

I got the same image after warding my egg.