TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

Is anyone finding eggs in any biome other than new Florets in the Jungle at the moment? I was hoping to grab CB Electrics, Sapphires and Cantors to try turning into the new alts but nothing was dropping at the last 5 min drop I checked

3 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

Is anyone finding eggs in any biome other than new Florets in the Jungle at the moment? I was hoping to grab CB Electrics, Sapphires and Cantors to try turning into the new alts but nothing was dropping at the last 5 min drop I checked

I believe the jungle florets are the only CB so far. The rest are hybrids. Not sure if the sapphires, alt gemshards, in the biomes at the beginning were coding errors. We might have to wait and see.

Edited by Spyridon

2 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

they were in the first 15minutes but haven't been since then. I'll be fighting ratios and other people once the normal eggs come back i suppose.

2 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

It seems like only Florets are dropping right now. I'm guessing because one new-Floret is simply a biome-caught deal, and all the rest of the new things are alts to be figured out, so the only new-to-drop is the Floret.

10 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I don't mean this as a criticism in any way, just an interesting observation: From this comment and others in past releases (including spriters seemingly being surprised when their sprite suddenly gets released) it seems like there isn't a whole lot of 'before-release' communication. Double-checking mechanics, notifying artists that they'll be released soon, etc. Simply as someone always interested in the behind-the-scenes workings, I find that interesting. Kind of puts the artists on more of a user-level than 'special knowledge workers' level. 

That’s not super accurate to this particular mixup, but I unfortunately can’t really be more specific than that because of confidentiality. There’s not much more to read into here though, it’s just a simple mistake that we’re fixing :) 

Edited by Pixxelation

Anagged four florets and they arfe all orange. Gosh, to see the hybrids list - I am sooo stressed. I don't even have orange Cantormaris and there are so much more.X___X

Tried breeding all my Coppers (that aren’t related) and kept getting “no egg produced.” 

Oh dear! What a pleasant surprise! So many beautiful eggs ❤️ Thanks all for being here that long. For fantasies and amazing art! 🥰

Well I got the imperial purple egg on the first try. I'm calling it a night. Good night all. Happy birthday to DC!

2 minutes ago, saltywench said:

Is the only biom working Jungle?

The jungle floret is the only CB so far. The rest appear to be hybrids you have to breed.

1 minute ago, Magellan said:

Oh dear! What a pleasant surprise! So many beautiful eggs ❤️ Thanks all for being here that long. For fantasies and amazing art! 🥰

You should mark 5/21 as a day you have to check for new eggs on DC as it's the birthday of the site. Only took me 13 years to figure that out and remember it. XD

Edited by Spyridon

I actually was not egg-locked! In fact, my scroll was completely free, only two hatchies!

Now I have 3 new Florets and will be keep an eye out for the hybrids and anything else ^^

Happy Birthday Dragcave 🎂🍻

20 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Does anyone have any ideas for the other Floret variants? One is the new Jungle drop, but what about the others? I've seen talk about Cantors, Electrics, the Royal hybrid, etc, but any ideas about the Florets?

Florets are wyverns, which doesn't necessarily mean anything, but maybe start with other wyverns? Wow, there are a lot of them! Alcedine and Hellfire wyverns both have two color variants: maybe they're a blend of two breeds that have two colors each?

Tried crossing my gold floret with the blue alcedine, got an alcedine egg. Not that it proves anything except I didn't get a floret out of it, new color or otherwise. I don't have a purple floret to cross with my red alcedine. I have one more gold floret if somebody has a suggestion on what to cross it with.

My guess is that the deep purple (magenta, somebody said?) is only available with a purple parent—probably from something pink or red. (Carmine wyvern?)

Bronze-ish one is maybe only from a gold parent, crossed with something dark?

5 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

You should mark 5/21 as a day you have to check for new eggs on DC as it's the birthday of the site. Only took me 13 years to figure that out and remember it. XD

Even though I love surprises (especially on gray, rainy days), I probably should :D I'm relieved to hear I'm not the only one who's bad at remembering dates though...I think my scroll is 10 years or so old? Life can distract one so easi...OH look! New dragons!!  *runs off* ❤️

42 minutes ago, dooyoo said:

sickness didnt work either

Hmmm, it's supposed to be "those that receive a lot of attention". If sickness didn't work, I wonder if it's clicks (as opposed to simple views). I know my eggs haven't been getting very many clicks. I have one hatchling growing right now that has over 3000 views and only 1 click — mine.

Any ideas on why the Electric alt hatchies have more then 7 days to grow?

There's one with 8 days and another with 7 days and 9 hours to grow in the hub.

Just now, Seejey said:

Stun adds an extra day to a hatchie.

Just now, Seejey said:

It's cause you use Stun to acquire them

1 minute ago, Chaos Rider said:

It's cause you use Stun to acquire them

2 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Stun adds an extra day to a hatchie.

Oh... Thanks! 

4 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

Hmmm, it's supposed to be "those that receive a lot of attention". If sickness didn't work, I wonder if it's clicks (as opposed to simple views). I know my eggs haven't been getting very many clicks. I have one hatchling growing right now that has over 3000 views and only 1 click — mine.

so i went stalking on some click sites, and the sapphire hatchies i saw were all yellow. i took into account click count, view, and unique view count and they all seem to be average? if there's a yellow variant for the egg, i assume something has to be done to the egg in order for it to change? i tried using a bunch of bsa on one egg to see if there was a change, but no result

17 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

You should mark 5/21 as a day you have to check for new eggs on DC as it's the birthday of the site. Only took me 13 years to figure that out and remember it.

I've had this notice at the top of my spreadsheet for over a week. Had to limit myself to grabbing eggs off the AP since Wednesday. (I also now have only one freeze left.)Reminder.png.08e3b8c1382c93b02d45a8d8be1c3784.png

At least the date is easy for me to remember: it's my youngest sister's birthday.

Happy Birthday DC!

Can't wait when someone will found out how to breed new Copper alts, I don't have luck with breeding them so I prefer to try something that should work :D