TJ09

2020-07-26 - July Dragon Release

Aw dang, totally wasn't expecting this for some reason! Hmm. Horribly curious about that 'claw marks' egg, eep!

Oooh!!! So excited for these guys! Both eggs are super interesting. 

I was hoping for more Drakes, I'm super excited to see a new one.

And the other egg is so pretty!

Edit: Egg locked. Now to wait for something to hatch, haha.

Edited by Serotina

Locked myself with 3 starlights and 2 drakes after 2 hours, this is my first release I participated in so I'm glad it was smaller! Last months xeno release was the first one I observed
Used up some precogs and influences to make sure that I can breed these guys

I'm glad I didn't do a breeding spree on Thursday night like I thought about doing, otherwise I'd be too locked to hunt right now. I caught two pairs of each new breed fairly easily, which is nice after the hell that was the staterae release. I'm excited for these, I love drakes and the egg for the starry one is really pretty.

that Drake description reminds me of a line from Disney's Gargoyles. "What could be strong enough to leave claw marks in solid stone?!"

9 minutes ago, demonicvampiregirl said:

Two more deserts and I'm done. This one has been brutal. Dx

brutal? This has been a cake walk grabbing them compared to last month's. Trying to grab one of each xeno + flow, now THAT was brutal. I can't wait to see what these hatch into. the little Starlit looks amazing. It only makes me wish we could freeze eggs more.

1 hour ago, Tinibree said:

The first couple hours are always tough. Its a little worse when everyone's just in one or two biomes and not spread out. I usually don't bother for at least the first hour unless I'm super bored.

Yeah, I never seem to learn and keep trying. XP I'll be back in a couple of hours and try to nab some of those pretties then.

I know it's probably just stripes, but the starlit egg makes me think of a painted scene. Some trees and a night sky.

12 minutes ago, Syiren said:

brutal? This has been a cake walk grabbing them compared to last month's. Trying to grab one of each xeno + flow, now THAT was brutal. I can't wait to see what these hatch into. the little Starlit looks amazing. It only makes me wish we could freeze eggs more.

I didn't even catch a single Xeno from last month, I don't expect to have one for a year or so now from that set. This one, I got one claw one on a 5 minute, the second claw one on the mass drop. Every other drop for the claw one I miss every single one. I wound up getting the Starlight ones easy. The first one on a 5 minute drop, other 3 on a mass drop. This hasn't been easy for me for the claws, so yes, this is brutal for me to do. Usually I can catch what I need on a mass drop but not this time around. I gave up rather quickly on the Xenos after the fact I had missed the first day drop and was on the second or third day. Wasn't really worth trying to get them after that.

I do share that sentiment though. I can't wait to see what these eggs hatch into and I really wish we could collect egg shells for a gallery or something. I've always wanted that feature and seeing eggs like this makes me wish we had it even more.

YAY for new eggs!! :D

Went to Alpine out of totally other reasons and were surprised by a bunch of starry eggs lol... not easy to catch, but have one so far and hope the drop on the hour will be a good one...

Update: yes, worked, have each 4 now

Edited by Kiwiana

Yay new drsgons happy hunting everyone :) carnt wait to see what they hatch in to? the discrpions have me very intreaged.

Edited by Bloommist

53 minutes ago, demonicvampiregirl said:

I didn't even catch a single Xeno from last month, I don't expect to have one for a year or so now from that set. This one, I got one claw one on a 5 minute, the second claw one on the mass drop. Every other drop for the claw one I miss every single one. I wound up getting the Starlight ones easy. The first one on a 5 minute drop, other 3 on a mass drop. This hasn't been easy for me for the claws, so yes, this is brutal for me to do. Usually I can catch what I need on a mass drop but not this time around. I gave up rather quickly on the Xenos after the fact I had missed the first day drop and was on the second or third day. Wasn't really worth trying to get them after that.

I do share that sentiment though. I can't wait to see what these eggs hatch into and I really wish we could collect egg shells for a gallery or something. I've always wanted that feature and seeing eggs like this makes me wish we had it even more.

True, and the lag that's popped up hasn't helped. Only thing stopping me from grabbing more than the one of each I have so far is that I only had 2 free egg spaces. I totally forgot about the release thanks to Go fest for Pokemon Go. I think I only grabbed the eggs this time because of my room mate's lightning fast internet. 

Sorry for how I originally put it in my post. I didn't mean to make it seem like I was trying to demean your post in any way. Totally was not my intent. ^_^;

Got two of each. I'll probably grab one more of each egg later when I'm unlocked.

Can't wait to see these guys!

Argh, anybody else just get hit by nightmarish lag? I got one glimpse of the 5-minute drop but the lag was so bad that all the eggs were gone before I could click on anything.

Oh Joy. Two single biomes breed and a drop event that won't last long enough for most folks to get even one of!

I didn't even get a single one of the last drop, so here's hoping I get at least ONE of the new ones this go around.

Edit: Holy crow i actually got one. Once I get two, I'll actually let other people have a shot at grabbing them.

Edited by ChristineFury

5 minutes ago, ChristineFury said:

Oh Joy. Two single biomes breed and a drop event that won't last long enough for most folks to get even one of!

It's been like five hours.

I mean, the claw egg is going pretty fast, not sure if it's more popular or just going to be rarer than the other.  But the starlight egg just now lasted four minutes, it's going to be another common and is super easy to get.   It's always a little difficult to get things in the first few hours from everyone wanting them "first".  Any lag is mostly caused by the same: too many users trying for same egg.  But the initial grab rush is slowing down now as people either head for bed or get theirs.   This release is nothing like the difficulty of the last one or catching the Pargulus Pygmies from the one before that.

50 minutes ago, Syiren said:

True, and the lag that's popped up hasn't helped. Only thing stopping me from grabbing more than the one of each I have so far is that I only had 2 free egg spaces. I totally forgot about the release thanks to Go fest for Pokemon Go. I think I only grabbed the eggs this time because of my room mate's lightning fast internet. 

Sorry for how I originally put it in my post. I didn't mean to make it seem like I was trying to demean your post in any way. Totally was not my intent. ^_^;

Oh, no you are fine. XD I wish I had better net so I could catch things easier and yeah, the lag is not helping. -lol- Wish I could even really play Pokemon Go. My area has 0 spawns. Dx

Yay! I love star-themed dragons! ❤️ Can't wait to see them hatched and grown up.

Got four of each. I really hope I can get my hands on eight more on tuesday so I can at least finish off ONE new release.

Last month's was (and is) so frustrating that I really could use an easy release for once.