TJ09

2020-07-26 - July Dragon Release

Both dragons are gorgeous, I need so many more! Thanks to the spriters and TJ for being awesome!

I love the Elux! It has a colour scheme that I adore. It's a beautiful dragon.

Not a big fan of the drake though, but I'm usually not into them anyway.

The only thing I'm sad about is that the Drakes can't breed with the Caligenes. Their horns/antlers are similar and their design/colors compliment each other well. 

7 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Thank you Infinis and PiedPipecleaner for bringing these guys to life, as well as everyone else involved in the topic.

Getting new kinds drakes into the cave was the goal, and we finally got one in!

And thank you for the ideas to begin with, and choosing my designs! I’ve already begun hoarding my babies, I’ll never have enough of them lmao! Can’t wait to see the other drakes in cave someday too!

I currently have two that I plan to be normal adult dragons that fit my naming scheme, and then a bunch of frozen hatchlings whose names are just me squealing over how cute they are :3

Edited by PiedPipecleaner

I am just seeing the adults for the first time and they are gorgeous. They are both such fabulous dragons. Thank you Spatio, TCA, Infinis, and Piedpipecleaner for all your efforts and for giving us such beautiful dragons. :wub:

Love these! :D The Elux Lucis in particular is beautiful! 

the Elux Lucis looks so nice! Hoping to get a nebula to pair with it!

On 7/26/2020 at 6:42 PM, ShorahNagi said:

Really excited for these guys...especially those starry ones. Already I'm thinking they'll look great with stratos...

On 7/27/2020 at 5:18 PM, Pilauli said:

Yep, I think they'll go great with Stratos dragons.  I also think they might go well with Aeria Gloris dragons, and maybe with some of the Xenowyrms.  I'm thinking light blue ones like Aquilo and Chrono, and some contrasting ones like Pharos and maybe Mageia.

Yep, it looks like Elux Lucis do go great with Stratos.  I've made a sort of variety-pack lineage mockup.

Elux-Lucis-Lin-Sample.png.46e61f148a247654a98085ea5ad63460.png

Stratos goes great.  (2nd in the 2G row.)

I don't think any of the Xenowyrms (CB row) are quite right, but there are a lot of possibilities there.

Also included: Aeria Gloris and Rift Wyrm, for more noodley dragons in blue/purple.  (2G and 3G along the bottom.)

Love both of the new dragons, they are very lovely and are going to be very fun to breed. I love their colors and body shapes and I love having even more interesting drakes to play with for breeding because I love when the "Non Standard Dragons" get some love too. Will continue to collect more and enjoy having them in my collection! Fantastic job to all the Spriters!! It makes me want to claw for the stars!

These new dragons are amazing!  Elux Lucis sound so beautiful!  And I'm digging the bipedal nature of the Pseudo-wyvern.  It almost reminds me of theropod dinosaurs.

My new guys grow up in a couple hours! Really excited to be able to make lineages with these guys! The Pseudo-Wyverns look so good with Howler Drakes! :wub:

My new dragons grew up just in time to let me enter the next raffle. XD

Me too ! (And I used YOURS to unlock the encyclopaedia, too !)

28 minutes ago, Lagie said:

My new dragons grew up just in time to let me enter the next raffle. XD

Yep, I woke up to "you qualify" :D  Oh yeah, and you didn't win for July :(

10 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Yep, I woke up to "you qualify" :D  Oh yeah, and you didn't win for July :(

That always messes me up, I see that little notification bell and think 'omg omg did something amazing happen??' and nope, I've just qualified for the next one! 

I was about to head to bed last night (er, technically this morning) when I saw these new draggies had already been added to the encyclopedia, couldn't possibly sleep until I spent a half hour frantically clicking in hatcheries to unlock everything! That's actually becoming one of my favorite parts of new releases, that point where everyone's 'first batches' are starting to grow up and there are tons of adults in the hatcheries and i just go through clicking everything I can find, lol. 

... I've already frozen an Elux Lucis s1 hatchie. I can't help it! Soooo cute. I love them so much. Thanks for the awesome release, TJ and spriters!

Seeing this thread with only 10 pages bothers me. Not sure why. I like the wyverns, but the auroras have too much grey on them to be that exciting. To each their own, I suppose. I'll collect a few and go back to trying for some more xenos.

I think they are lovely; I thin people are still punch drunk from screaming no fair and the rest for days and days on the birthday release thread ? This was so easy that they just have a sigh of relief and carried on catching.

10 pages is normal. Most non-holiday release threads are 10-16 if you care to scroll down. The last two were just the birthday (dc holiday) and complicated for the xenos.