TJ09

2020-07-26 - July Dragon Release

Managed to catch 4 starlights and 2 claws...still need to get 2 more claws, and I'll be locked! :D 

...But...not even a day later, and old eggs are already starting to mix back in.  Madness.

EDIT: Got my last 2 claws.

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

Got my load of dragons.  I just KNEW something would be released this weekend, but I didn't feel like staying up.  I honestly don't regret it, these weren't that difficult to catch, the drakes were the harder ones though.

It's less than 24 hours since release day announcement but I still got a cloudplume from Apline when I was speed clicking trying to get a new drag. Is this a bug?? Because yuck 🤧

11 minutes ago, Trenzalore said:

It's less than 24 hours since release day announcement but I still got a cloudplume from Apline when I was speed clicking trying to get a new drag. Is this a bug?? Because yuck 🤧

It's super-rare that a new-release flood lasts 24+ hours. Old ones mixing in by now is completely normal (though still frustrating for many). 

I feel the need to say this after peeking into a hatchery: PLEASE keep an eye on your eggs, people! I'm seeing dead starlights already. Don't add them anywhere this early, and keep an eye on stats in case anyone else adds them somewhere. It's so heartbreaking to see dead new releases!

The drake looks interesting, but omg that s1 starlight hatchie. *grabby-hands!* I feel like recently there has been an increase in adorable/awesome/freeze-worthy new release hatchies. Need more freezes, lol. They are so pretty!

Not a bug, no - they are just starting to mix in.

Great new release. Very frustrated though, after hours and hours I finally got the one from the alpine biome, but I still haven't managed to get the drake egg. Not for lack of trying, been there all sodding day.

Really bothers me so many members will take as many as they can, consequently leaving some of us with none.

Hoping to have better luck soon.

Edited by PrincessCrystalian

5 minutes ago, PrincessCrystalian said:

Really bothers me so many members will take as many as they can, consequently leaving some of us with none.

At the end of the day, everyone is limited to their number of slots--it's not like anyone can hoard 50 or something on day 1.  There are just a lot of people playing, and there aren't all that many eggs.  You'll get them eventually.  I understand how you feel, though!  I'm going to have a slot come open in less than an hour--I just missed not having anything else mixed in!

Drives me crazy trying to catch new dragons and I'll see 1 maybe 2 when the time to refresh cave comes around and those are already gone when I try to grab them. I'll probably have to wait until later to get my few, unless I get lucky. Every new egg is like this. The new dragons look pretty so far though. Hope I can get a few today.

22 minutes ago, PrincessCrystalian said:

Here's a bit of trivia you may not be aware of: The cave actually produces more eggs when there are more people in the biomes! :) In other words, if many people try to hunt for more dragons, it means proportionally more dragons are generated.

That said, the ratios do play into this, of course - i.e. the more dragons are generated, the sooner older species begin to mix in. But they're bound to stay common for at least several days yet, which means the added activity - on net - is actually unlikely to hurt your hunting chances all that much.

(As a tip, make sure your computer clock is synced right (mine easily drifts ahead, as I've noticed), so you're definitely there for the five minute drops and don't end up hitting them at the tail end of their drop.)

Good luck!

Wooo new eggs!  Thanks TJ and the artists!

Got 3 of each. Really excited for these guys...especially those starry ones. Already I'm thinking they'll look great with stratos... 

1 hour ago, pinkgothic said:

(As a tip, make sure your computer clock is synced right (mine easily drifts ahead, as I've noticed), so you're definitely there for the five minute drops and don't end up hitting them at the tail end of their drop.)

This is a great tip, I always know to start refreshing when my clock shows 1 minute before drop, because my clock is consistently about 20-30 seconds behind. That really can make the difference!

Also, to anyone frustrated trying to catch some: Lurk in the Community Notice Board thread! There are *always* plenty of people giving away new releases there, even happened with the xenos and they were much harder to grab. 

Thank you T.J., artists/spriters, and everyone involved for another fantastic Dragon Cave release. ^_^ Lovely hatchlings. :nyan:

2 hours ago, PrincessCrystalian said:

Great new release. Very frustrated though, after hours and hours I finally got the one from the alpine biome, but I still haven't managed to get the drake egg. Not for lack of trying, been there all sodding day.

Tbh some people (like me, but only sometimes) catch a batch of new releases, then release them - last release, I caught some within the first 10 mins of drop, and set a timer. 5 hours later I released all 8, caught another 8, released that batch, and did it one more time so I personally would still have the max amount of release date eggs for keeping. So! What this means for you, is that keep an eye on the timestamps on eggs in the AP and when the release was, because there are definitely going to be release date eggs for you to get in the AP if you missed it or couldn't manage to grab one.

I find the best method of catching new release eggs is from mobile, because at least for me, my mobile is faster than my laptop or tablet.

A good tip I would always suggest is try to get on as soon as you wake up. The cave is flooding, but not many people are on. That is how a good release should go. 

But now for the updated sprites. OMG yes, I thought the star baby might grown wings and it looks fabulous. The blue color is quite nice and the light color of the tail fluff. 

I just caught my last egg from the Alpine, now I have to focus on the Desert (if I can stop AP-hunting long enough to stay unlocked). XD 

6 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

I just caught my last egg from the Alpine, now I have to focus on the Desert (if I can stop AP-hunting long enough to stay unlocked). XD 

That's such a struggle for me during new releases! I pretty much have the AP open 24/7 so I can hunt while doing other stuff, during new releases there is always the huge temptation to keep tabbing back to the AP even while refreshing the biomes. 

And yes, I know a lot of people grab eggs specifically to dump to the AP during new releases. I've seen some *rare* offers in the Hub for 'release-day eggs' a day or two after a new release, there are a lot of people who miss release-day for whatever reason, and grabbing a few to send to the AP if possible can help with that.

Edited by HeatherMarie

I'm loving the bluish dragon so far...and the description for the gray dragon is so cute! :lol:  Got just one of the gray dragon eggs thus far, but that gives me four eggs total and I don't want to be scroll locked already, heh.

New releases on my birthday! What a treat! Thank you TJ & spriters ❤️

I Got 2 Of Each, Sadly On Egg Limit And No More Female Pink And Male Pink To Influncce The Claw Mark Egg, I Hope They Are Rares Are Very Rares. 

Do we have any guesses for names? For the starry dragon I thought Empyrean, but sadly that doesn’t sort between Electric and Ember.