TJ09

2020-06-27 - June Dragon Release

I had no idea there was a secret egg. I went to each biome grabbed 2 from them all locking myself with 8 eggs and they were all apparently the secret egg.

I traded them for the proper xenos thinking I had the bad luck of getting the most common egg there was. someone had messaged me to warn me but they were gone by the time I saw the message.

I still have 2 of the 8 but darn wish I knew just how rare they were :P

reading here now when I can and seeing just how lucky some were to have traded with me :P :P

but at least I got 2 from volcano jungle and desert along with the 2 mystery eggs I have left xD

with the pandemic sorrowfully just not online much and not even sure how much longer we can keep internet :(

Edited by Merenwen

5 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

god, exactly! how rare are these things? usually, on new releases, theyre more common than theyd usually be, so will they be even more rare than they are now once time passes? its insane!

Not necessarily.  Coppers did this on their release(even worse than this, because NO ONE saw them), they virtually disappeared after their initial flood for some time.  It seems that sometimes on rarer eggs, the ratios need some balancing after their initial flood.  Not that I don't find it frustrating.

Edited by Nectaris

Just now, Nectaris said:

Not necessarily.  Coppers did this on their release(even worse than this, because NO ONE saw them), they virtually disappeared after their initial flood for some time.  It seems that sometimes on rarer eggs, the ratios need some balancing after their initial flood.  Not that I don't find it frustrate.

yeah, i think my wording was a little poor in my post, i didnt mean that they were common but definitely was referring to the wack ratios that happen after new releases. its crazier than usual, of course, since they seem to be pretty rare, but it still hasnt been that long since they were released, so i expected to at least SEE one T_T you're definitely right in comparing it to the coppers on their release, tho. pretty frustrating.

3 hours ago, tjekan said:

No, the game should not be relying on people frequenting Discord or wading through hundreds of random "cool, new eggs!" user posts in a 30-page forum thread in order to know something about it has changed.

The intent, presumably, was for users to figure out there was a secret rare variant for themselves, not for them to have to get Discord accounts. The practical effect, though, is that the people with connections once again got a leg up while the others did not. I'm in the middle and don't really care either way, but I don't think the game was really in great need of more ways to reward the people who spend the most time on the discord and scrolling through back pages of forum threads. There are already lots of raffles, specials, heads-up about Thuwed drops, and so on to reward such dedicated players with, they didn't really need a new CB egg to be informed about before the random users.

Heaven forbid people who are more invested in the game get rewarded? There is nothing different about this release or any other release with a new mechanic. It's been this way since the very beginning. Now there's discord, an extra way for people to find things out, actually making things MORE accessible than when it was really just the forums. 

The game doesn't rely on people to frequent the forums or discord to find out something is different - they will through their own style of play over time. This happens for new hybrids, new breeding or alt mechanics, whatever. People will find out whichever way works best for them, whether that's on their own through breeding, biome hunting, the trade hub... or by knowledge seeking through the capacities provided to them - wiki, discord, and the forums. 

Community secrets are amazing. It is awesome to see a collective group get together to figure something out so that common knowledge can be spread and provide opportunities for the masses. The players are only trying to help and you're criticizing that for something that is completely out of anybody's control. People get excited and share. That's going to happen to the end of eternity. 

Ask and you will receive.  I finally saw a flow egg in the forest.

1 hour ago, Fandom Addict said:

How about "stasis"? Dictionary has it described as "the state of equilibrium or inactivity caused by opposing equal forces." Sounds like it could seeing as it's all the different mana types? 

I like that. Seems like a solid guess. 

Perhaps it will have a BSA too. Like - the ability to put an egg in stasis! O_O

What if??!! We've wanted to be able to collect eggs for years. Maybe we're about to get it

Stasis makes sense because it implies we'd be able to remove eggs from stasis too. In case we change our minds and want to hatch them after all.

I believe people have the rights to be frustrated about the secret egg just as much as people are allowed to love them. I personally don't like the secret and I've never enjoyed this kind of stuff. Guess I must be "less" invested in the game, apparently. 🙄

Trying to push down one side is bad society.

Ever since someone said the green (Forest) hatchling looks like it has a bow...Is it bad I can't unsee that and now hope that it remains into adulthood?

Much as I love the volcano colors, I think the Forest is my favorite

46 minutes ago, Kith said:

Up to 8.5 hours of hunting, and my number of flows seen is up to four. Going to have to give up for the day soon.

I admire your endurance very much. :D My ADHD brain nearly exploded trying just to comprehend that long of a hunting spree!

(Oh and I caught my very first one of the new eggs, yay...but now want to leave a spot open for other rarities I'll hopefully come across)

Edited by Alphaeon

Are the "secret" eggs dropping in all biomes? :) Just checking since they're the only ones I still have left to catch.

2 hours ago, Spirulina said:

Who will help me with a name of flow? 

Sorts beetwen spotted ans stone. 

According to description I would think about something related to "unsocial" or "self independent" but don't know english well enough to find "s" words for it ;)

Sputnik 😆

1 minute ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Are the "secret" eggs dropping in all biomes? :) Just checking since they're the only ones I still have left to catch.

Yep. 

2 minutes ago, *Silver Fox* said:

^ yes 

3 minutes ago, Alphaeon said:

I admire your endurance very much. :D My ADHD brain nearly exploded trying just to comprehend that long of a hunting spree!

^same! I caught one on release day, luckily, but i can't concentrate enough to catch a second x'D

11 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

How long until the dragons are in the market?  When TJ's go adult, or at the next release?

I could have sworn it's either once we start getting adults OR that it was somehow tied to the encyclopedia (I recall I had an egg 'locked' on the market because I didn't have a certain level in the encyclopedia)

I could be wrong though...I rarely use the market so...

Just now, ShorahNagi said:

I could have sworn it's either once we start getting adults OR that it was somehow tied to the encyclopedia (I recall I had an egg 'locked' on the market because I didn't have a certain level in the encyclopedia)

I could be wrong though...I rarely use the market so...

Thanks!  Better go start looking at flows in the hatcheries! :D

Gah...the hourly drop passes, and I miss both jungle xenos (to say nothing of not even SEEING a flow).  I'm getting bored/frustrated...time to do something else.

Is it just me, or catching these new dragons is a real pain? I was able to get a first bunch on he release day, but now (as soon as my first eggs hatched) they are already completely mixed with regular dragons. Every 5 minutes drop I spot (and miss) maybe 1 new egg and then nothing until the followind drop because nothing move :(

6 hours ago, StrikeFire said:

I’m not saying folks don’t have “real lives,” as I’m scrambling between two jobs myself.  And I’ve missed plenty of new releases.  I just like to think of this as a game, and if I miss the release, I will hunt until I find the eggs when my time frees up.  Will I end up missing some.  Probably.  But I feel that much more satisfied when I finally do get one.  Like I said, I may be weird that way.  Hope you find your eggs soon!

For me right now, playing it is an escape from my mind. What little time I can get to actually play. I don't expect to get them all. BUT would be nice if new releases lasted a bit longer, just so you had a chance to catch them in between real life and game life. Like during the holidays, where we get a couple of extra days to actually get some of the new and old ones, without having to fight the regular eggs being released too. 

My youngest son passed away Mother's Day. So having the diversion, from everything we've been dealing and coping with since, would be helpful. And right now, it's just a struggle to get up and do what needs to be done. And definitely frustrating finding out well after a new release, there was one. Isn't taking much right now to discourage me, and that was definitely discouraging. Because at least when trying to catch them during a release, I can keep my mind blank the whole time.....And not getting that right now with the release over and missing it. 

But I'll get through it....Always do. LOL! 

2 hours ago, Kegluneq said:

You´re talking about Flows, right? Because, actually: KZmClZ9.png

That's a CB Flow, incubated and influenced immediatley after I got it.

I disagree, mine was caught at 12:45. Unsure if there's a big influx around that time but they do drop at different times as well.

20200630_083712.jpg

10 hours ago, Spirulina said:

@Maxii you can't hatch egg above 4days regadless how many views it has

That's why there's term "incuhatchable" - eggs which after incubation are under 4days so they can hatch

Actually, depends. If you use the Earthquake feature of the Green dragons, you can hatch all your eggs early. 

But the draw back to doing that is they all could very well run away, meaning you could lose them by using that feature. 

54 minutes ago, Lahabrea said:

I believe people have the rights to be frustrated about the secret egg just as much as people are allowed to love them. I personally don't like the secret and I've never enjoyed this kind of stuff. Guess I must be "less" invested in the game, apparently. 🙄

Trying to push down one side is bad society.

I'm not saying it's bad to be frustrated by the secret egg! And that doesn't make you less invested. I understand the frustration. But that is completely not the point of my post lol.

What's unfair is getting mad at a group or community within your own that's actively trying to help. It's not like the discord discovered something and kept it a secret from everyone. Be mad there's a secret egg if you want; just don't be mad that other plays utilized all of the tools at their disposal to get answers.