TJ09

2020-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 14th Birthday!

I think I said it before in this thread, but I want to be sure to thank all the spriters who worked to bring us these lovely new dragons. Your artistic talent and your creativity never cease to amaze.

It is nice to see the variety -- I'm always happy to see more 2-heads and pygmies and Easterns (edit: and especially hybrids since it takes a bit of the pressure off of trying to catch everything at once!) . And such a nice theme for these tough times.

And finally, a huge thank you to @TJ09 for continuing to provide us with this game year after year. I never thought I would still be playing after all these years, but it just keeps getting better.

Edited by purplehaze

Well said, @purplehaze

Thank you to TJ for keeping the site up and spriters for continuing to care for us and deliver amazingly beautiful art! This game has helped me in so many ways, I'm so happy to be a part of the community.

We will get through this challenging time together ❤️ 

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

This May I celebrated my sixth year on Dragon Cave, and had the pleasure of enjoying DC’s 14th birthday alongside this wonderful community. I can’t wait to see what this next year brings in beautiful dragon pixels. :D 

39 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

And finally, a huge thank you to @TJ09 for continuing to provide us with this game year after year. I never thought I would still be playing after all these years, but it just keeps getting better.

Agreed! Imo it's really awesome that the one and only internet game I got really attached to is going strong after 14 years, when so many others have folded. Thank you TJ and spriters for making this such a wonderful game and such a wonderful community. You all are awesome!

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

I think I said it before in this thread, but I want to be sure to thank all the spriters who worked to bring us these lovely new dragons. Your artistic talent and your creativity never cease to amaze.

It is nice to see the variety -- I'm always happy to see more 2-heads and pygmies and Easterns (edit: and especially hybrids since it takes a bit of the pressure off of trying to catch everything at once!) . And such a nice theme for these tough times.

Totally agree with purplehaze! 

jumping in before the thread is closed to say a huge thank you to everyone who worked on these lovely dragons :^D

Happy birthday DC, can't wait to celebrate 15th year online next year

Edited by Naruhina_94

It's been a wonderful Birthday Celebration.  Here's to many more Dragon Cave!

I want to say thank you to everyone who worked on the sprites and all the behind the scenes people who pulled it together.  I really enjoyed the artist's posts with extra artwork and lore of their dragons.

Special thanks to TJ, without whom none of this would have happened.

4 minutes ago, Spirulina said:

Which colour version of Alcedines is alt? 

Or they are equal but just different? 

seems to be equal so far. 

These dragons are beautiful, with a lovely message, so thanks to all who contributed to this lovely DC birthday :) 

so the next big update should be Halloween right? since I completly forgot about DCs bithday XD

also, how do i get blue Alcedines?

4 minutes ago, meruru said:

also, how do i get blue Alcedines?

Pure luck. Just like Nebulae and Gemshards.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Could not have said this better myself, so I'm just quoting it!  This is a truly epic release, I've named some dragons from the phrases on the great artists' card to remember it by, and thanks to all at MS!

@VixenDra You are not.  I also got it.  Here is a screenshot of my error screen.

Spoiler

DC-Error-after-breeding-2-blue-pargulus-pygmies.thumb.png.ffbcb2121561b5967c88b603e2eecc13.png

The affected pygmies have not gone into cooldown; in fact, I tried to breed them again and got the same message.  I assume it would be pointless to try a third time.

I just bred two CBs, who have never been bred before, of a different breed, and they produced an egg.  This implies the problem is with (blue only? other colors untested) Pargulus Pygmies, and not with dragons in general.

Did anyone try to breed a Pargulus with another Pygmy? Did anyone get a *bred* Pargulus egg?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I was planning to put that off until I figured out what kind of lineage projects I wanted to make with them, but I bet they'd look pretty good with Pipios...  Hang on.

EDIT:  Did not produce a Pargulus egg, but did produce an egg.

Anyone have other colors of Pargulus Pygmies that they can try breeding?

Edited by Pilauli

VixenDra made a thread for this:

Given my scroll goals, I have a TON of dragons to catch and raise.  Well, it will keep me busy.  Thanks to TJ  and all the spriters for a wonderful birthday release!

Happy Birthday DC! 

And a huge thank you to TJ and spriters who brought us all these lovely dragons! 

7 hours ago, Imzadi said:

Given my scroll goals, I have a TON of dragons to catch and raise.  Well, it will keep me busy.  Thanks to TJ  and all the spriters for a wonderful birthday release!

My new scroll goal right now is as many female Labradorites as possible xD I finally can get dragons that look like Xenomorphs, soon I'll have so many not even the Predators could beat them.

Wow! There is something/someone for everybody in this release-2 headeds, friendlies, fluffies, dwarves, gorgeous color spectrums, airborns and earthbounds. An abundance of dragonmania filling the skies and crawling the earth. What a wonderful pile to jump into and not come up for air for months, especially for those who like to breed, crossbreed, and create further dragon thrills. Thank-you TJ, Spriters, and everyone involved in this extraordinare dragon and 14th Birthday event! 

Thank you TJ and Spriters ^^ This release has been amazing! I love the care package theme, it’s so cute 💖💖

Though, Death Stranding *could* also be the theme xD (what? Delivering food, supplies, staying clean and healthy, “scary” things that harm without meaning to, unexpected humour, etc. )

I swear, I pick up a Labyrinth/Jim Henson vibe through it too … 

All the dragons are superb, though, if I had to pick a favourite dragon, it would have to be the Labradorite, as that is one of my favourite stones! Add friendly!xenomorph to the mix, well xD 

second might be the Alcedine Wyverns, their feathers are gorgeous! Biggest surprise was probably the Sapo; such a cute, blorb of a tadpole turning into that gorgeous sea serpent!

and I will need an army of the s1 Pargulus Pygmies, they are adorable little floofs!

TJ, Spriters, Mods and all of the community: you all rock! and make this place amazing! Stay safe everyone 💖

Keep on keeping on 👊

I will see myself out xD

Edited by Pliskin