TJ09

2020-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 14th Birthday!

Has anyone gathered all the Spriter Tidbits into one post? Just curious and don't want to wade through 30 pages. ^_^

Happy birthday, Cave!! I honestly can't believe I've been playing 13 years! *faint*

Thanks to all who continue to make this a fun place to be!

Welp, I've already made a group for Amaltheans and saved a bunch of names in my 'placeholders' group to use as I get more. I got entirely too excited going through the process of saving those names, I just love our little unicorn-dragons so much! Of course I love all the new releases, this really was a wonderfully diverse release!

@stardust13 I think this post has the latest roundup of what spriters have said about these new releases (although spatio's post about Labradorites came a little bit after).  (Totally possible I missed a more recent roundup-post but that's the most recent I saw.)

Got the names “Comedic Duo” and “Played for Laughs” for my Jester pair. :D 

Edit: Just realized there seem to be quite a few comedy-related names still available. I might have to collect more just for the naming potential

Edited by Niyaka

It's been a long time since I've been wowed by almost every single dragon in a new release, but here we are.  The cloudplumes and sapos are charming, but I love the serpentine shimmer of the Laboradorites, and the Alcedines have that prehistoric vibe that reminds where the legends of dragons possibly started.  I can't wait to make a couple Amaltheans (which means I need to find a couple of Undines).  I don't collect pygmies or two-heads, but those sprites are all rather lovely, too!  Fantastic job, spriters!  

Congratulations on 14 years of DC, TJ!  You've kept me around for 10 of those, and I thank you!

A question for @Marrionetta or @Nakase, or @TCA:  Do any of you play Mah Jongg?  The white dragon tile is sometimes called a "soap", and you named these slippery lovelies "Sapo," which is an anagram for "soap".   

Edited by blackdragon71
Trivia question for the spriters.

56 minutes ago, blackdragon71 said:

"Sapo," which is an anagram for "soap".   

Sapo is soap in latin ;)

the new one are so beautiful ❤️

RNG hates me! Every Alcidine I have hatched so far is blue. I have 4 more eggs sitting on my scroll right now, hoping at least some of them hatch red/brown! XD I see lots of them in the hatcheries, so they can't be that rare. I may have to do some trading.

@purplehaze I keep getting the red variant xD I have 2 more eggs, we will see what they all are and we could trade if you’d like?

hee! I named a Sapo “Saponifying” ^^ 

I had the one Alcedine problem, but now I have the other Alcedine problem.  I have too many reds now.

Does anyone have a male Alcedine that have been red but is blue?  If so, want to swap?  Nevermind, I'll just use the trading hub, which is, after all, designed for that exact purpose.

Edited by Pilauli

On 5/26/2020 at 5:00 PM, schmupti said:

Ah yeah, and 'sopa' means 'soup'. I once heard a story about Christopher Walken ending a phone call by saying he had to go and make 'girl soup', i.e. join a female guest in the hot tub. I fully endorse this typo.

Although, that said, I would be entirely on-board with an actual soup dragon, to go with the cheese dragon... 😋

Sapo Sopa, maybe? 😄

Maybe even a Cracker Dragon to go with both..  .

I wonder what the default colour for Pargulus Pygmies might be. Just bought one at the Market :D

I got really lucky with my Alcedines. First pair were both red, second both blue. :) sadly cant catch the pygmies for anything.

4 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I wonder what the default colour for Pargulus Pygmies might be. Just bought one at the Market :D

I thought dragons with biome variants didn't appear in the marketplace?

3 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

I got really lucky with my Alcedines. First pair were both red, second both blue. :) sadly cant catch the pygmies for anything.

I have a Blue one first off, but the three Alcedines that I got much later, I don't know about yet as they just hatched today...  Hoping for the best...

I finally got a blue Alcedine  … after three reds.

Not to bad of ratios, we will see how it continues  ^^

I've gotten two blues and a red on Alcedines so far. For Pargalus pygmies, one blue and one green. It's like a jack-in-the-box the first time when they hatch as I wonder what they'll be. XD 

8 hours ago, MessengerDragon said:

I thought dragons with biome variants didn't appear in the marketplace?

I thought so, too! I'm very excited! Though a cost of already 200 shards for a new breed is a tad worrying, regarding their rarity XD

3 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

I've gotten two blues and a red on Alcedines so far. For Pargalus pygmies, one blue and one green. It's like a jack-in-the-box the first time when they hatch as I wonder what they'll be. XD 

At least you can check the Pargulus egg for its biome, if it has one other than "Market" :lol:

43 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I thought so, too! I'm very excited! Though a cost of already 200 shards for a new breed is a tad worrying, regarding their rarity XD

At least you can check the Pargulus egg for its biome, if it has one other than "Market" :lol:

Honestly I don't think I have seen any pygmy breed ever cost less than 200 shards in the market, so that seems to be normal for pygmies.

4 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Huh. The pyralspites are in the marketplace too, and I'm pretty sure they weren't there before, either. I wonder when this changed?

I have a lot of the red Alcedines and only one blue one.  I thought that maybe there was a biome difference between the two but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Would really some more blue Alcedines.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Hatch more eggs, or trade the hatchlings.

3 hours ago, MessengerDragon said:

Huh. The pyralspites are in the marketplace too, and I'm pretty sure they weren't there before, either. I wonder when this changed?

They've been there for a while, actually. I've had too much luck catching them in the cave to buy them, but their price usually hovers around 700 mana. Coppers are there too. Lunar Herolds are there, but only the color available to breed at the time in accordance with the proper moon phase. 

I somehow love the Labradorites, even though I thught it was not going to be my favourite! The female especially.
Also, pygmy love!