TJ09

2020-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 14th Birthday!

22 hours ago, spatio said:

unknown.png

Oops, I guess I should have posted this!  My original sketch for the labradorites.  Doha spiced up the head design with horns when we were working on the sprites.  My headcanon for size is that they're sorta like goldfish - the bigger the cave, the bigger the Labby (plus those in mana-rich caves would grow faster than others).  I'd imagine most of them aren't overly enormous, but the occasional cryptid inhabiting a mammoth cave system may be scary large.  But still friendly little buggers.  Probably the type to pop out of a hole suddenly and scare someone because they've been waiting so long for someone to get close enough that they can share their eerily intuitive/specific life advice or WIP script for this amazing play they've written and oh my gosh you're just gonna love this character! Wait, why are you running away?

imagine running into one in a cave, you're just exploring along and suddenly
"hey"

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

4 minutes ago, ComatosedRoses said:

I may have missed it in the post, but did anyone figure out how to get the blue Alcedine?

It is totally random what you get^^

15 minutes ago, bloodyneptune said:

imagine running into one in a cave, you're just exploring along and suddenly
"hey"

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

Exactly what they reminded me of when I saw the drawing XD

And I have strong lag too... up to Bad Gateways and Error messages

Edited by Kiwiana

Just now, Kiwiana said:

It is totally random what you get^^

Thank you ❤️ gonna need more space to keep trying 🤪

19 minutes ago, Kiwiana said:

When I saw the hatchies, and Dohaerys and Spatio credited, I was hoping so hard that we'd finally get a Xenomorph looking dragon. Im very happy xD gunna be collecting an army of the female Labs (theyre my fav)

-SCREAMS- JESTER DRAGONS I KNEW IT!  I'll name you Jevil, and you Marx, and you Dimentio, and you Harle, and you Nights, and you Shaco...

Hmm though you guys have double heads....Well I guess I could do Zorn and Thorn for a boy and Harle and Quinn for a girl....Or Dream and Reala for a less common girl set...

Also I love the Amalthean dragons!  If that doesn't scream The Last Unicorn I dunno what does!!

I feel kinda sorry for the Labradorites though, poor things have to live all alone cause they suck up magic....wonder if non magical people or creatures can live with them maybe?

Still collecting and still posting...  Marvelous...

Going for another Jester or two...

Thanks again...

What happens when Labradorites and Cassares interact?

I made some checkered templets with the new releases for anyone who might want to use them.

I haven't made any for the pygmies since we don't know how their offsprings colour is determined yet.

Spoiler

Alcedine Wyverns

Spoiler

1516489874_ynn4TSgcopy10.png.37641d3fa042b0f102564fd642627a65.png776748935_ynn4TSgcopy11.png.b464be66c746e747bdbe34b0ccba174e.png1982004239_ynn4TSgcopy8.png.e11c0efa763c48b956e0721fc11b3e5d.png675179213_ynn4TSgcopy9.png.63dbd93013014278e64d8d0045fd4e71.png

Amalthean Dragons

Spoiler

1311444403_ynn4TSgcopy14.png.4cd20bc7abc7da44d2f75416d82390a5.png1685880687_ynn4TSgcopy15.png.c4b44b07a458d4be76bc706aefeeabea.png

Cloudplume Dragons

Spoiler

2093091524_ynn4TSgcopy6.png.9965152c153704d3ac4cb81218ad59a9.png1297312113_ynn4TSgcopy7.png.d9e0d731d5ef503aef8fe8669261f926.png

Jester Dragons

Spoiler

1026379699_ynn4TSgcopy12.png.702b91d40861b8515a296377802e58ea.png1312125342_ynn4TSgcopy13.png.3020b88030774a3fdc78e2ca40fce5af.png

Labradorite Dragons

Spoiler

1470801193_ynn4TSgcopy4.png.aa200c1db7d168f7106f2f85e76dd9a2.png803450017_ynn4TSgcopy5.png.940b7ae54069013787c85c1d3193f14f.png

Sapo Dragons

Spoiler

2070325759_ynn4TSgcopy2.png.31833140791344c016ea373794cbd00b.png724666761_ynn4TSgcopy3.png.069c2fff28e08f7bfa57caee1ab68af2.png

(If there is somewhere else I should post these please let me know)

Edited by Cowfish249
accidental addition of an image

1 hour ago, Niyaka said:

What happens when Labradorites and Cassares interact?

Boom Kaboom GIF - Boom Kaboom Ironman - Discover & Share GIFs 

I guess something like this XD

Cassare Dragons are known for their magic-deadening abilities. Though not a conscious ability, a large field surrounds the dragon through which magic is passively nullified. This field is strongest near the dragon itself, and falls off with distance. The absence of magic often makes other creatures avoid them, though some will have the opposite reaction and seek refuge instead. It has also caused them to be hunted, as though the field is severely weakened once dead, their bones and scales retain some of the effect; possessing such an item is considered a necessity by those who expect to face hostile magic.

Labradorite dragons are some of the most potent siphons of mana in Valkemare. Dragons and other magical creatures in close proximity to a Labradorite will weaken over time, and extended exposure may even be fatal. However, Labradorites have no control over this effect; any harm they may cause is almost always unintentional. In order to protect others from their draining, they make their homes in the labyrinthine depths of underground caves. Perhaps as a result of this seclusion, Labradorites are gracious hosts to the brave few who dare explore their dark caverns. Legends tell of how these curious dragons traded their sight for wisdom, and those who seek their guidance are richly rewarded with stories, advice, and the odd gemstone.

Maybe Cassare are so magic-free that even Labradorite can live near them without fearing to drain their energy?

Edited by Naruhina_94

All the adults are really nice! I especially love the Sapo Dragons, they're so lovely ❤️ 

The Labradorites have this awesome creepy vibe and I ADORE the colors of the female Alcedine Wyverns! Also really like the female Amalthean :D 

Probably I am just stupid, but I also missed a lot and this might have been said, but why do all 4 Alcedine Wyverns say they are female?  

11 minutes ago, daba555 said:

Probably I am just stupid, but I also missed a lot and this might have been said, but why do all 4 Alcedine Wyverns say they are female?  

Presumably a coincidence. Male and female Alcedines share their sprites, so the gender of the Alcedines doesn't really matter.

Edited by Mewtie

37 minutes ago, Mewtie said:

Presumably a coincidence. Male and female Alcedines share their sprites, so the gender of the Alcedines doesn't really matter.

OK, so then, for this dragon you don't' know which sprite you'll get when you influence them male or female?  I guess I won' t be breeding them, then.

4 minutes ago, daba555 said:

OK, so then, for this dragon you don't' know which sprite you'll get when you influence them male or female?  I guess I won' t be breeding them, then.

No, no--they're just your normal, every day dragon.  For some reason, TJ just made them all females instead of his usual one male and one female.  Usually he makes M/F pairs, but he just didn't this time.  There's no special meaning beyond that.  The M/F sprites are the same, so there's no reason for them not to be all one gender.

But maybe I'm misunderstanding your concern--these are just like the gemshards--you don't know the color until they hatch.

Edited by random_dragon_collector

4 minutes ago, daba555 said:

They come in a random color, like Gemshard dragons (with 2 variants instead of 3).  Egg hatches, random color is chosen.  Either color can be either gender.

Not sure if that's what you meant or not.  Probably is, but one can never be too careful.

19 hours ago, Husky51 said:

And Sapo means Toad in Spanish...

And I've gotten another Cloudplume and three Alcedine's, making a total of four of them...  So we will see how they turn out...

Thanks again, everyone

Ah yeah, and 'sopa' means 'soup'. I once heard a story about Christopher Walken ending a phone call by saying he had to go and make 'girl soup', i.e. join a female guest in the hot tub. I fully endorse this typo.

Although, that said, I would be entirely on-board with an actual soup dragon, to go with the cheese dragon... 😋

1 hour ago, Pilauli said:

They come in a random color, like Gemshard dragons (with 2 variants instead of 3).  Egg hatches, random color is chosen.  Either color can be either gender.

Not sure if that's what you meant or not.  Probably is, but one can never be too careful.

I think so...I'm so confused and tired from a 3-hour doctor visit today, I think I'll quit now and just watch them hatch, LOL.

Thanks for all the replies :)

18 hours ago, ParticleSoup said:

It was about 3 and a halfish weeks ahead of time I'd say

Oooh, so cool, thank you!!

55 minutes ago, schmupti said:

Ah yeah, and 'sopa' means 'soup'. I once heard a story about Christopher Walken ending a phone call by saying he had to go and make 'girl soup', i.e. join a female guest in the hot tub. I fully endorse this typo.

Although, that said, I would be entirely on-board with an actual soup dragon, to go with the cheese dragon... 😋

My darling cheese dragon Tomme does not appreciate how you're eyeing him.  I agree though a soup dragon could be cute.

Or an....inBread dragon?  :D

Has anyone figured out the Seed pygmy's coloring yet??

1 minute ago, ironmaiden66 said:

Has anyone figured out the Seed pygmy's coloring yet??

Biome-based.

Green = desert/jungle

Red = forest/volcano

Blue = alpine/coast

3 hours ago, Naruhina_94 said:

Boom Kaboom GIF - Boom Kaboom Ironman - Discover & Share GIFs 

I guess something like this XD

Well now I just HAVE to breed a lineage out of this pairing.

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Biome-based.

Green = desert/jungle

Red = forest/volcano

Blue = alpine/coast

Thanks Lagie! :)

I just got some adults, so in case the thread is closed by morning, Thank you again, TJ, spriters and everyone who made this event possible. Your work is, as always top tier and for once I'm happy to say I can't pick a favorite. I love them all. And the message behind them as a care package is very kind, thoughtful and endearing. 

Can't wait to see how you outdo yourselves next year. though it's going to be one heck of a challenge to outdo this one. :D

Grabbed another Jester Egg...

It'll be awhile before I have any more openings now, If they are still available, I'll go for some more of the Alcedine Wyverns when I have the Egg slots...