TJ09

2020-04-01 - Important Announcement

I forgot about April Fool's last year, but I'm here for it again this year! :D So happy to not only get another upside-down, but also a 2nd gen Tinsel from my other upside-down today! Finally this year has brought some good stuff. ^_^

OMG I've always missed this event in the past, and actually remembered today...and I won my first upside down Mint! 😁 *dances*

Also, the new and improved dragons are hilarious. (I actually want to keep the Alt Dark Green ones like this haha)

Edited by Vodkapirate

Happy April Fool's!

I got eaten :( My partner must've also chosen to blame me. Guess it's karma for last year when I got away with it XD

these sprites are spectacular honestly i ADORE them

my man became a literal forest

unknown.png

The Pillow dragon looks even fluffier!! Now I want to cuddle it all day.

Edit: I take that back. ALL...I repeat ALL of the dragons that got re-drawn look amazing.

Edited by warriorjames
Got a better look at all the dragons for today

i hope whoever sold me out enjoys their mint X’D

i’m loving the sprite updates! the changes to the pillow sprites helps to really accentuate their floofiness! 

1 minute ago, Lady_of_The_Forest said:

So it says I won a special egg which was upside down. Yet its right side up on my scroll? I'm confuzzled...

Click the egg. It will be upside-down again.

PETITION TO KEEP THESE AROUND FOR ALL OF APRIL!!

Let's face it - These are AWESOME! All the kudos to the artists! 

These adorable designs instantly brought a smile to my face, brightened my day, healed my heart, and my crops flourished.

Quite frankly, I needed it.  A lot of people need it. 

Which is why I'd like to propose that these alternate dragons hang around for the entire month of April.  To help spread a little joy to a world that desperately needs it.  I know this is supposed to be a limited time offer, but I really think it would help a lot of folks in our community right now.  And I'm all for helping others, so what do the rest of you think?  

TJ?  Can we make this a thing for a little longer please?

^_^

3 hours ago, Dohaerys said:

I hope you do like the Stratos update

It took us

16.7 hours of intense brainstorming 

plus 23 hours of painstakingly modelling it in 3d to the finest detail and rendering it in 3D using advanced state-of-the-art ray tracing shaders  to ensure life-like shading 

as well as approximately 7 hours spent on the refinement process plus developing internal anatomy for them and a functioning skeletal model 

Edit: forgot to mention we also edited their design to account for the aerodynamics and biomechanical semantics of such a creature so that it is 100% viable on real life

The effort definitely shows! XD I love those air whales!  :wub:

I didn't know this was a thing and clicked randomly and now have an upsideown green egg I'm so confused lmao

6 minutes ago, Aerylon said:

PETITION TO KEEP THESE AROUND FOR ALL OF APRIL!!

Let's face it - These are AWESOME! All the kudos to the artists! 

These adorable designs instantly brought a smile to my face, brightened my day, healed my heart, and my crops flourished.

Quite frankly, I needed it.  A lot of people need it. 

Which is why I'd like to propose that these alternate dragons hang around for the entire month of April.  To help spread a little joy to a world that desperately needs it.  I know this is supposed to be a limited time offer, but I really think it would help a lot of folks in our community right now.  And I'm all for helping others, so what do the rest of you think?  

TJ?  Can we make this a thing for a little longer please?

^_^

I suggested a week earlier in the thread!  Love these sprites, and we need the laughs!

3 hours ago, Dohaerys said:

I hope you do like the Stratos update

It took us

16.7 hours of intense brainstorming 

plus 23 hours of painstakingly modelling it in 3d to the finest detail and rendering it in 3D using advanced state-of-the-art ray tracing shaders  to ensure life-like shading 

as well as approximately 7 hours spent on the refinement process plus developing internal anatomy for them and a functioning skeletal model 

Edit: forgot to mention we also edited their design to account for the aerodynamics and biomechanical semantics of such a creature so that it is 100% viable on real life

Is this the originals? Or the very humorous 'today' version. XD

I'd love to have these around longer.

Just now, random_dragon_collector said:

I suggested a week earlier in the thread!  Love these sprites, and we need the laughs!

We do!  I love these and I love the warm fuzzy feelings they're giving me.  I don't want it to go just yet.  :)  

Yay!  For once I didn't get eaten and got the mint dragon egg!  X-D

2 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Now then, who made that gorgeous Magma sprite and who do I need to bribe to turn that into my forum avatar?

yes hello feel free, these are for y'all to enjoy

Wait a minute, is the event banner a derp version of Subeta's Bonfire event?  Looks a lot like it...

Also, is this a Flowie reference?

8UwEd.gif

The nihostrifes' new sprites are speaking to me a lot. I do like the stratos too, and definitely need more sky potatoes on my scroll. The sunstone update is fun, too. My lumina, Saint Narcissus, absolutely needs to keep his new sprite indefinitely. It's perfect for him!

Thanks to all the spriters involved, this is awesome!