TJ09

2020-04-01 - Important Announcement

Loving the new sprites! If only they could be this way for the entire year! My Xenowyrms are looking better than ever.

Hope everyone enjoys the event (I got eaten, sadly).

My hands-down favourites are the arcanas and the blancblacks.

Thank you so much, whoever sprited these, for the out-loud laughs! XD

I needed that!

I got the special! Oh my gosh, the little mistletoe dragon is adorable! I love it's eyes it's cute! Unfortunately I missed the last months egg drop, I try to get all of them now I'm more active, and they were so pretty too!

The Rosebud Dragons turned into Pinkie Pie!!! And the Kyanite Pygmies turned into trees! And the Tinsels are holding trophies! And the Mistletoes look like chibis!

I hope you do like the Stratos update

It took us

16.7 hours of intense brainstorming 

plus 23 hours of painstakingly modelling it in 3d to the finest detail and rendering it in 3D using advanced state-of-the-art ray tracing shaders  to ensure life-like shading 

as well as approximately 7 hours spent on the refinement process plus developing internal anatomy for them and a functioning skeletal model 

Edit: forgot to mention we also edited their design to account for the aerodynamics and biomechanical semantics of such a creature so that it is 100% viable on real life

Edited by Dohaerys

I love these new sprites! :) they gave me a much needed laugh XD

Also picked up my first ever upside-down Mint, woo!

This is genius, i've been eaten, but the improved sprites totally make up for it! hahaha

At least i didnt get eaten on my first important update lmao

These new dragon versions are amazing,

left me speechless this morning ❤️

Well got eaten, but that's ok, I have next year to try.

Thanks TJ and Spriters for the April Fools sprite updates, some really made me laugh.

I like every one of those fabulous sprite updates, but Mimic Pygmies are my favourites so far :D But others are also great. Sinii Krai dragons are apparently under some kind of a backward evolution spell, and I don't even want to know what happened to poor Kyanites. Candelabra sprite looks like a prehistoric cave painting of its own ancestor. Skywings changed into their pygmy versions and now I love them even more than their original forms. Spotted Greenwing is a true masterpiece of contemporary art with its expressive, restless outline. Brutes, unlike Sinii Krai dragons, have been probably hit by an actual evolution spell - unfortunately, only partially...

Thanks for making me laugh, I really needed this today!

Someone please tell me the mint dragon sprite will get replaced with an actual mint. That would be hilarious😁

Edited by WestWindReborn
spelling

I finally caught the April Fools' event here!  And I got an upside down mint, hooray!

My Tinsel now looks appropriate for his breeding history, but I gotta say the Balloon sprite is crackin' me up!!  Hilarious and wonderful work everyone!

7 minutes ago, Ceiyru said:

Well got eaten, but that's ok, I have next year to try.

Thanks TJ and Spriters for the April Fools sprite updates, some really made me laugh.

Could try stalking the AP when the April 1st eggs come through.  Sometimes people abandon theirs, & you might be lucky enough to catch one - but they go fast, so be quick!

I got my first upside down mint and I could cry omg. Also I adore the new sprites lol

Got me an upside down mint!

Also, I went through my collection and saved a bunch of the new sprites. Lemme know if it'll help with the wiki and I can zip up the lot of them and send them.

3 hours ago, Pilauli said:

Why did my Kyanite turn into a tree, though? image.png.548b0c048cef757079b4290fb1c99cf1.png

^_^ I think it's because they're a reworked Halloween sprite that originally was meant to be a Tanglebracken. (See https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/175798-2016-08-21-august-release/?do=findComment&comment=9277747)

Now then, who made that gorgeous Magma sprite and who do I need to bribe to turn that into my forum avatar?

I ADORE the new sprites! ❤️

I made sure to save all of them and really hope that the wiki archives them as well. :]

Every time I think I've decided on my favorite new sprite, I scroll a little further and see a new one and change my mind. They're all so great.

Omg Rosebud is a Pinkie Pie :D Mimic Pygmy and Rift Wyrm are my faves lmao 

AAAAHHHH!!!  Finally got one!  Never gonna give you up *rubs on face with affection* .w.

My favorite is the shadow walkers! Awesome and so cute! 

I got eaten this year, but I have one from last year so it’s all good!