TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Oh my gosh, Tree Decorating is BACK! Finally! I've literally been waiting for the day I could change my tree!

But... why do I have to unlock all things again? -_-

Also, we already had a cooking even once, years back. And guess what? https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Holiday_Cooking Recipe help!!! A big, fat thank you to the wiki team!

Edited by olympe

How do you decorate the tree? When I click on the decorations they appear on the top, but I can't drag them on the tree.

1 hour ago, Aie said:

Sugar seems to be in high demand yet difficult to come by in Valkemare... :lol:

Eggs would be in even higher demand.  To complete each recipe exactly once, the minimum number of ingredients required is:

2 x Poultry
3 x Grain
5 x Mushrooms
6 x Nuts
6 x Cocoa Beans
7 x Herbs
7 x Yeast
8 x Meat
10 x Spices
10 x Water
11 x Ice
12 x Vegetables
19 x Milk
20 x Fruit
23 x Flour
30 x Sugar
38 x Eggs

(As it is a minor spoiler, I made the text above white on white.  Please select the text to make it readable.)

If you also want to keep at least one result from each recipe instead of using some of these results in other recipes, then you need even more ingredients. Here is the minimum number of ingredients that you will need to fill your inventory with exactly one result from each recipe:

3 x Poultry
3 x Grain
8 x Cocoa Beans
8 x Mushrooms
8 x Nuts
9 x Yeast
10 x Meat
11 x Herbs
14 x Ice
14 x Spices
15 x Vegetables
17 x Water
25 x Fruit
25 x Milk
34 x Flour
48 x Sugar
55 x Eggs

(Again, select the white text to make it readable.)

Edited by Bugzilla
Added a second list of ingredients if one wants to keep one result from each recipe.

How on earth are you supposed to decorate the tree? It's been ages since I last played this minigame so I'm clueless. And why, oh WHY, can't I remove all the old decorations and start over from scratch?!

There's a TARDIS door! :D Thank you!

Merry Christmas, Dragon Cave!

Question, though - if I change my tree, is it going to change permanently? (I like mine as it is...)

Edited by Lagie

7 minutes ago, Lagie said:

There's a TARDIS door! :D Thank you!

Merry Christmas, Dragon Cave!

Question, though - if I change my tree, is it going to change permanently? (I like mine as it is...)

Yes, you only have one tree.

I, like many before me, can't figure out how to move the tree decorations.

Cooking seems fun, though.

Edited by Pilauli

Just now, DragonLady86 said:

Yes, you only have one tree.

Thanks. Guess I won't be doing the tree game. XD

To everyone who has problems decorating their tree: The issue seems to be related to the use of Firefox in many cases. Try a different browser, maybe?

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Thanks. Guess I won't be doing the tree game. XD

I used it to finally remove a tiny stray item that was subtly out of place, but otherwise I'm with you. XD Too happy with mine! Still, awesome that we can finally redecorate the tree! Thank you, TJ!

Thanks everyone for hints.  I've made many messes but now I've gotten all the candy I can for today.  All I can do for the rest of the day is collect more ingredients.

26 minutes ago, olympe said:

To everyone who has problems decorating their tree: The issue seems to be related to the use of Firefox in many cases. Try a different browser, maybe?

The following error is reported in the Firefox console when trying to drag a decoration:

ReferenceError: TouchEvent is not defined

Unfortunately, the Javascript code that uses TouchEvent incorrectly has been minimized/obfuscated so it is not easy to fix it.  But the bug is related to the fact that the new code for the tree decoration game expects touch events to be generated even in desktop browsers without a touch screen.

I hope that this bug will be fixed soon, because it would be a pity to be forced to switch to a different browser (with weaker privacy protections) in order to play that game.

Update: there seems to be a workaround for Firefox users, if you are willing to change some internal settings:

• Type "about:config" in the address bar.
  • You will see a warning about the risks of damaging your browser if you edit the wrong settings.  Click the button to proceed.
  • In the new search bar that appears, start typing "touch_" and you should soon see the following setting in the list: "dom.w3c_touch_events.enabled".
  • The default value of "dom.w3c_touch_events.enabled" should be "2" (auto-detect).  Click on the small pen button to edit this and change the value to "1" (always enable touch events even if there is no touch screen).
  • Press Enter to accept the new value.
  • Now you can go back to the tree decoration game and it should be possible to drag items around. 😊
  • Later, you can go back to the advanced settings in "about:config" and reset "dom.w3c_touch_events.enabled" to its default value by clicking on its reset button (back arrow).
Edited by Bugzilla
Added a workaround for Firefox users: force the browser to enable touch events even if there is no touch screen.

Merry Christmas! I am really glad the holiday cooking is back! ((It was one of my favorites next to the first ice fort.)) I just hope everything we need actually shows up faster than the first time. I really want to redo my Ginger bread house. ^^

WB

@

Bugzilla

Thank you! ❤️

I've come here just to ask what to do with this bug and you've already told the stuff! Finally I can decorate my tree and fix the mistakes I've done in the past!

2 hours ago, Sazandora said:

How on earth are you supposed to decorate the tree? It's been ages since I last played this minigame so I'm clueless. And why, oh WHY, can't I remove all the old decorations and start over from scratch?!

Ar you using Firefox ? It doesn't work in Firefox !

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Ar you using Firefox ? It doesn't work in Firefox !

Thanks for telling us, I kept wondering what to do...

PS: I've switched to the Explorer (ah, the good old days...) and still can't do a thing.

Edited by Fly-by-Night

I use firefox and at a point it just worked. But then I just had to shift the lights in front of the tree..