TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

I just tried out a blank recipe card - 

3044260_2019Xmas1.jpg.fa185f0b81bd7a3b7f8afb9d42d58ad9.jpg

XD

13 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Ar you using Firefox ? It doesn't work in Firefox !

There is a bug in the tree decoration code that prevents if from working in desktop versions of Firefox without touch screen.

However, there is a workaround for Firefox users until that bug is fixed: you have to force Firefox to enable touch events even when there is no touch screen.  See the message that I posted above half an hour ago.

Anyone else not having ingredients show on mobile? Does the cooking game just not work on mobile? I'm on my laptop refreshing the AP and I see a Sugar right there at the bottom, but going to the same page on mobile shows no Sugar (I did not click it, it's still there on my laptop browser!). 

Just now, HeatherMarie said:

Anyone else not having ingredients show on mobile? Does the cooking game just not work on mobile? I'm on my laptop refreshing the AP and I see a Sugar right there at the bottom, but going to the same page on mobile shows no Sugar (I did not click it, it's still there on my laptop browser!). 

I find they disappear for a click or two on my mobile but usually reappear a click or two later. (They seem to go w-a-a-a-y down the page which causes them to drop off the mobile radar, so to speak.)

RECIPES AGAIN!!!!! :nyan: Thank you to everyone who worked on bringing back all our favorite D*C games! The new hatchlings look gorgeous too. I can't wait to collect loads of them next year.

Things I've noticed with the event so far:

• There are some very familiar doors on display. I recognize the TARDIS, Boo's closet door from Monsters Inc., the doors to the mines of Moria (I, Narvi, made them. Celebrimbor of Hollin drew these signs.), that one door on Baker Street, and that very ordinary brick wall. XD Anyone know the rest?
  • Thanks to everyone who pointed out that doing tree-decorating changes your original tree. Really good to know!
  • Thanks also to everyone who pointed out the unofficial-wiki recipe list for those of us who can't bear to wait for enough ingredients to try things randomly! It appears that all the "red-star" recipes work already even if you haven't found the recipe cards or collected all 17 basic ingredients.

Now if you'll all excuse me I finally got the Vegetables and am off to make a Smothered Steak.<3

(Edit: the one thing I wish is that some Hanukkah food could be added, since this release also lands in the middle of Hanukkah. How about: Olive Oil=Fruit+Oven, Latkes=Olive Oil+Vegetables+Eggs+Oven, Sufganiot=Olive Oil+Sweet Dough+Fruit Jam+Oven! That'd be extra work though, and just getting to play the regular game is fantastic. I hope everyone else is having this much fun too.)

Edited by infiniteviking

Happy Holidays everyone! I hope you are all safe and healthy ^~^

The X-Mas 2019 hatchlings look so cute !!

Thanks TJ and all who contributed to the holiday event!

3 hours ago, Bugzilla said:

The following error is reported in the Firefox console when trying to drag a decoration:

ReferenceError: TouchEvent is not defined

Unfortunately, the Javascript code that uses TouchEvent incorrectly has been minimized/obfuscated so it is not easy to fix it.  But the bug is related to the fact that the new code for the tree decoration game expects touch events to be generated even in desktop browsers without a touch screen.

I hope that this bug will be fixed soon, because it would be a pity to be forced to switch to a different browser (with weaker privacy protections) in order to play that game.

That's not correct, for multiple reasons. The main of which being that the decoration code does indeed explicitly listen to mouse events. Forcing the browser to send touch events is likely to cause more issues than it solves.

I also developed the event primarily using Firefox so I'll have to dig into why it's not working for all FF users.

5 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

That's not correct, for multiple reasons. The main of which being that the decoration code does indeed explicitly listen to mouse events. Forcing the browser to send touch events is likely to cause more issues than it solves.

WELL, in Firefox, clicking the bauble gets it on to the page at the top above the tree - and NOTHING I can do with the mouse will move it.. (I don't actually care, as I don't want to change my tree, but it is  the case !)

Just now, Fuzzbucket said:

WELL, in Firefox, clicking the bauble gets it on to the page at the top above the tree - and NOTHING I can do with the mouse will move it.. (I don't actually care, as I don't want to change my tree, but it is  the case !)

Tree decorating also does not work in Chrome.

1 minute ago, jis99 said:

Tree decorating also does not work in Chrome.

I can get stuff off the tree in Chrome, and do what fuzz said about sending baubles to top of tree but nothing else.  I only really wanted to get stuff off my overly dressed tree anyway but I would have a go at redoing it if it worked okay in Firefox.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I'm confused. In order to play I have to undecorate the tree I already have? I don't want to, its exactly the way I want it. O_O I have to screw up my old tree in order to play the game? That blows. Why can't I have a new blank tree?

Is anyone else having issues where no recipe cards are showing up at all?  I'm using Chrome, and all I have are blank cards.  Also, the ingredients are showing up maybe once an hour - this can't possibly be right?

You only have one tree, decreed TJ.

I have not received a single recipe card. Someone else hasn't had a single ingredient. Luck of the draw.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

27 minutes ago, infiniteviking said:

• There are some very familiar doors on display. I recognize the TARDIS, Boo's closet door from Monsters Inc.,

OMG Boo's door!! That's why that one looked familiar! 

41 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Sometimes my ingredients fall behind the ads on mobile, making them hard to see/unable to click. But they are dropping for me*. I'm on Android.

*Except sugar! I need it for so many recipes but I can't get any 😆

My tree decoration has started working!

If TJ did something, then thanks, otherwise, who knows?

(Anyone else who was having trouble might want to check, too.)

Just now, Laura-Borealis said:

*Except sugar! I need it for so many recipes but I can't get any 😆

Join the club!!

Sooooo, where does one find the red starred recipes they’ve found? OuO 

Everything looks awesome. I’m mobile and everything has been working perfectly. Thank you to all spriters and programmers. :) Definitely some nostalgia going on over here. 

1 minute ago, Evangeline said:

Everything looks awesome. I’m mobile and everything has been working perfectly. Thank you to all spriters and programmers. :) Definitely some nostalgia going on over here. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OdZikFxiInbqpndx1LL9OmBp5_SOLsrBso_O5BKa1q8/edit?toomany=true#gid=0

Just use one !

1 minute ago, Evangeline said:

The red starred recipes are no longer marked with a red star; like regular recipes, they can be discovered by combining the right ingredients or found as one of the five-minute item drops (like the ingredients). There is a list here.

Thank you, guys. 

Ahem ahem. Lemme rephrase. If I find recipe, do I need to just write down the recipe? Or can I find the recipes I’ve found listed somewhere? Lol