Kaini

Neglected Dragons

12 hours ago, Chococat0815 said:

Seeing this thread and the guides makes me want to try to make NDs again. But since I'm a European-based morning person, not sure how feasible that would be XD I'd have to go for the solo method with very stubborn breeds, but would hatcheries have enough traffic to give the necessary amount of stats to hatch them?

Hm, it might take a little bit of trial and error for purely solo experiments since most of the "solo" ones I know of had people helping to add lots of views with the AR. If you're completely on your own you'd need a lot of ARs comparatively which might lag your computer, or you could try to give more than the recommended UVs and some of the OVs before the actual experiment to help give it a boost when the time comes. My successes were already maxed out on OV at the start and didn't get many UV during the exp itself, only ~20 UV or so and ~300 OV so it was probably already ready to turnhatch at the start, but some others start the exp a minute or two sooner than usual so that's an option too.

Edited by Shadowdrake

I'm also jumping on this train.  Got my egg bred, now it's just a waiting game.  

Anyone available to help on Sundays usually?

I have some Zyu experiments tomorrow (solo) and I've never done it that way so we'll see how it goes! 

I've never had a single successful ND, but knowing that it's not banned anymore makes me want to try it. I'm just afraid I'll get frustrated and never try again if it doesn't work. 

Wow, back before my hiatus, discussions on NDs weren't allowed. It's cool to see that we can now discuss it. 

I've only tried one experiment since I came back, got it down to an hour, before I unfogged, guess I didn't wait long enough. Just hatched normal.

I'm a solo player, so I'll have to do some more planning to make this happen. 

On 9/23/2019 at 3:29 PM, Kaini said:

I have some Zyu experiments tomorrow (solo) and I've never done it that way so we'll see how it goes! 

Wow they both turned!!! I'm HERE for this method. Much success :D

@darkladyselenity Yea an hour is way too early. An egg can only turn in the last minute, so you usually want to unfog and start viewing at 3 minutes left to live. If you're doing them solo I'd suggest Shadowdrake's method on the first page, using Zyus or prizes.

15 minutes ago, Kaini said:

@darkladyselenityYea an hour is way too early. An egg can only turn in the last minute, so you usually want to unfog and start viewing at 3 minutes left to live. If you're doing them solo I'd suggest Shadowdrake's method on the first page, using Zyus or prizes.

Thanks for the advice! Will be trying again soon. 

3 hours ago, Kaini said:

Wow, congrats!  I have two Zyus for Friday, any additional advice?

@Kaini Thank you! Hoping for the best.

Edited by Chococat0815

4 minutes ago, Chococat0815 said:

I don't think so, just bomb them like hecc at 2-3 minutes. That's all I did :D Good luck!

4 hours ago, darkladyselenity said:

@Kaini Did you have a catcher, or totally solo?

I'll be breeding my Zyus as soon as they grow up, so I'm trying to be as prepared as possible. 

Totally solo, no catcher and not incubated. Zyus just insta-hatched.

Congrats, @Kaini! 

I am so happy we can discuss this now, also good to know I was pretty much on the right track when I did attempt neglecteds ( before 2012, they all hatched normal)

Hopefully I can remember to try again at a decent time, I only seem to think of it close to bed-time xD and I am totally trying with zyus!

On 9/24/2019 at 9:03 PM, Kaini said:

Yay!  Now I'm really looking forward to Sunday, hopefully I'll be able to replicate your success!

Three non-zyu success out of five tonight, good experimenting :D

Got two more zyus hanging out for later, too.

I have so much green. But I always end up keeping them, never traded a single one. 'I worked so hard on this... I can't bear to part with it...'

On 9/19/2019 at 10:04 PM, Shadowdrake said:

My successes were already maxed out on OV at the start and didn't get many UV during the exp itself, only ~20 UV or so and ~300 OV so it was probably already ready to turnhatch at the start, but some others start the exp a minute or two sooner than usual so that's an option too.

So just to clarify this for me:

I grab an egg and put it in a hatchery until it reaches a certain amount of UVs (somewhere between 20 and 60 ad I have read in this thread?). Then hide it until a few minutes before it's t.o.d. and then viewbomb it with ND ARs and hatcheries etc. so it gets the last missing views and hope for it to turn before hatching?

I always thought you need to keep them as 1/1/1 until the last minutes or they won't turn.

(And I've never been able to get enough views for them in that small amount of time so all my experiments died.)

Maybe I'll try it again. :)

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:09 AM, Chococat0815 said:

@Kaini Thank you! Hoping for the best.

So I completely, utterly, forgot about my experiment...

Guess I have to prepare a new pair of Zyus AND set a reminder.

Edited by Chococat0815

4 hours ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

I always thought you need to keep them as 1/1/1 until the last minutes or they won't turn.

Nope! As long as it won't hatch during the experiment you're good :)

I've seen occasionnal turns from regular eggs starting from 30+ uvs or more, and solo/zyu exps 100+,  so 1,1,1 isn't necessary.

4 hours ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

I grab an egg and put it in a hatchery until it reaches a certain amount of UVs (somewhere between 20 and 60 ad I have read in this thread?).

Not quite, if you want to do it all yourself it has to be a zyumorph, prize or avatar/GoN egg and in that case I would recommend 60-110 uv, possibly more if you have trouble maxing out views during the experiment by yourself.

Neglected dragons need more views to hatch than regular dragons so getting one to hatch starting with a regular is almost impossible, as it'll either hatch normally if given too many views or die after it turns. A few species take about the same number as neglecteds but that would be a very delicate balancing act to get it to turn first then hatch. Zyumorphs etc are easiest solo exps because if given enough views they will hatch immediately after turning, making risk minimal.

Edited by Shadowdrake

I'm so encouraged by the successes I'm reading about that I think I'm finally ready to go through with an experiment myself.  I have a Zyu ready to go tonight and another will be ready tomorrow.  I'll be working solo with them.

I had no good luck with my Zyus.  I put one up last night with 95 uv and it died with 114 after 3 minutes. 

With the second, it didn't get a fair chance.  I felt sick during the night and when I finally woke up this morning, I figured it was too late to get everything right, so I put it up early at 10:50 with just 1 uv and blasted it with views just trying to hatch and save it.  It died at 11:02 with 130 uv.

I will be trying again though.  It will be easier now that I have a feel for it.

I bred a Zyu last night, going to try on consecutive nights. Wish me luck! (I'll probably have a lot of dead eggs on my scroll at the end of next week!)

It's my dream to own a few neglecteds.