TJ09

2018-07-01 - July Dragon Release

2 minutes ago, sfts said:

Okay, so my Windy turned into a Musty. It still says that it is influenced so does that mean the influence carried over? 

Yes, Influence did.

6 minutes ago, Eeveecat1248 said:

Just throwing out something I noticed, but I think the Gusty eggs look a lot like Xenowyrm eggs. It might just be me.

I thought they looked like a lighter blue version of the Avatar of Creation eggs myself. 

4 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

Yes, Influence did.

Thanks. Though I guess it doesn't matter since I'll get a pair from each biome eventually anyway so either gender would work. 

Ah man, i'm liking the look of this ones! The yellow/blue ones are really pretty 😄

Edited by Crobat

2 minutes ago, maylin said:

I have not seen that egg?? O: and the front page only shows two dragons not 3. How do you get this one?

It was a glitch. Look at the top of the page for TJ09's post. A third dragon accidentally got into the release, annd everyone who got one had the egg changed to a Musty. There's now a breeding forum for those glitched eggs, now called Gustitches.

How to get ones yall call Gusty? I only have Musky and glassy?

Edit: ah ok

Edited by maylin

@maylin you don't. They were released by mistake, they don't actually exist anymore :lol: All the gusty eggs that were picked up by players were turned into musky eggs once the mistake was corrected.

Edited by Yhme

Caught 2 more glassy eggs because I can't find any musky ones. Wasted lots of time all day hunting for eggs that just wouldn't materialise, and the ones I really liked and managed to catch were converted.

This is a very unsatisfactory release, probably the worst I've ever experienced. Not happy. :(

Hey everybody, I just got caught up-to-date on the new releases and the "Windy Conspiracy of 2018"   Wow, I to had gone to the alpine biome when I heard of the glitch egg.  So my two that I got turned musty.  Oh well...

I can't wait for that windy to be officially released!😄💨💨💨💨💨

Wow, the musky egg is the hardest I've had to search for a new release in a long time. Kind of fun! :D

4 minutes ago, High Lord November said:

Wow, the musky egg is the hardest I've had to search for a new release in a long time. Kind of fun! :D

I like that attitude! 

I guess some people don't like challenges or get frustrated if they can't get eggs right away, but I love it when it *is* an actual challenge to get eggs, instead of them basically just falling into my lap they are so plentiful. That's part of the fun of the game, to me, hunting and refreshing and maybe not getting them right away but it's sooo satisfying when you do!

Wow, that new Windy egg looked really pretty! I hope whatever they were is ready for release soon.

Also really hope the Muskys get more of that oily rainbow effect on adulthood, was hoping the S2s would start to hint at it 😧

Just now, Pokemonfan13 said:

I don't find it fun when I have to spend literal hours hunting, but I'm not going to whine either. xP

I know exactly what you mean. I got lucky by catching 4 gusties, so there's no reason for me to complain.

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I like that attitude! 

I guess some people don't like challenges or get frustrated if they can't get eggs right away, but I love it when it *is* an actual challenge to get eggs, instead of them basically just falling into my lap they are so plentiful. That's part of the fun of the game, to me, hunting and refreshing and maybe not getting them right away but it's sooo satisfying when you do!

Excatly! I've missed actually having to *hunt* for the eggs!

5 minutes ago, Crobat said:

Excatly! I've missed actually having to *hunt* for the eggs!

Really? What were you hunting?

When did y'all finally start talkin' sense?!

EDIT FOR NUANCE:

I agree that golds are too rare but just because golds are hard to get doesn't mean more shouldn't be released, on the contrary, we need MORE rares (and possibly a ratio readjustment)

Gold level rares become more outnumbered for spawning every month, if there where a more balanced number or rares, uncommon, and commons then you would have a better chance of getting something worth a gold that you could in theory trade or keep depending on what you want and the difficulty would become a bit less extreme with every new rare added.

The rares don't have to be equal in number to commons but we only have a handful or rares and almost a hundred common/uncommon breeds, it's not the same as 9 years ago when there where 10 breeds that spawned and 200ish players to fight over them (not exact numbers, just making a point), now there's two true rares, almost a hundred commons/uncommons and still just a few true rares in the biomes.

If the golds got a bit of a ratio adjustment during the day of a rare release (like more then 2 at once to make sure no one gets their goals right away) then things might even out.

The difficulty is what separates DC from one of those phone games about waiting so they can charge you to not wait (well the 100% free-ness of the game is the other big factor)

the challenge is what makes rares rewarding, that gold checker makes people happier because it was harder to get, but it it's too much then it becomes pie-in-the-sky for all but a few and the game becomes unrewarding, the right balance must be struck!

Edited by blockEdragon

16 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I like that attitude! 

i don't mind a challenge but i also don't like near-imposssible odds. I work. Many of us work. ANd when a drop starts at 11pm my time, and then i work during the day, by that evening new eggs are mixed in with old already and there is no 'fun challenge' about seeing the same cave blockers sitting there that are always sitting there, knowing that being a responsible adult and working has potentially cost me ever getting any of these new eggs, if they turn out to be uncommons or rares that i can never find in cave or trade for

i don't mind a challenge. I do mind never getting a specific egg because i cannot afford the steep trading costs people demand for them, and not having hte hours of free time necessary to camp a biome in the hopes of finally getting one.

Maybe don't go saying people just want things easy without considering the fact not everyone has hours to pour over dragon cave lol. It's not MY fault I have a job and have to work during the peak drop hours of a new drop, and now cannot find any new eggs during that release or afford the trades asked for them. 

This time I got lucky. I was here for the start of the drop and got all my eggs within the hour before I had to go to bed. BUt other times I miss entire drops and have to try and bargain a trade with people for eggs, or rely on generosity from forum members because i just don't have the time to dedicate to it myself

I like DC for the collecting and breeding, but i can't devote 6+ hours camping biomes for uncommon and rare eggs that i happen to miss the initial flood for becuase the drop time is so freakin low before old eggs mix in. If you live in the wrong time zone, and it drops in the middle of the night, that's 8 hours you sleep and 8 hours of work, leaving you with 16 hours AFTER the drop started to try and get eggs. And because people don't want long drops, we get screwed over when old eggs start mixing in, and people that already got their full slots of eggs go back to hunt more of them.

Sorry though. I just find it a bit pretentious of you to just assume everyone getting frustrated just wants easy and fast eggs handed to them. I don't mind hunting. I DO mind hunting when new eggs are gone by the time i get home from work because i'm not lucky to live in a 'chosen' time zone

@Sirithiliel The new Market should help to alleviate that difficulty. Of course very rare dragons require an extremely long waiting period to accumulate enough shards, but for more common releases it should help. That said, I often catch releases one or two days late and don't have much issue catching them even when they're mixed with older eggs, since they still drop frequently on the 5-minute intervals. And a lot of users here are adults, who presumably mostly have full-time jobs.

17 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

When did y'all finally start talkin' sense?!

EDIT FOR NUANCE:

I agree that golds are too rare but just because golds are hard to get doesn't mean more shouldn't be released, on the contrary, we need MORE rares (and possibly a ratio readjustment)

Gold level rares become more outnumbered for spawning every month, if there where a more balanced number or rares, uncommon, and commons then you would have a better chance of getting something worth a gold that you could in theory trade or keep depending on what you want and the difficulty would become a bit less extreme with every new rare added.

The rares don't have to be equal in number to commons but we only have a handful or rares and almost a hundred common/uncommon breeds, it's not the same as 9 years ago when there where 10 breeds that spawned and 200ish players to fight over them (not exact numbers, just making a point), now there's two true rares, almost a hundred commons/uncommons and still just a few true rares in the biomes.

If the golds got a bit of a ratio adjustment during the day of a rare release (like more then 2 at once to make sure no one gets their goals right away) then things might even out.

The difficulty is what separates DC from one of those phone games about waiting so they can charge you to not wait (well the 100% free-ness of the game is the other big factor)

the challenge is what makes rares rewarding, that gold checker makes people happier because it was harder to get, but it it's too much then it becomes pie-in-the-sky for all but a few and the game becomes unrewarding, the right balance must be struck!

What do golds have to do with this release? Just askin'

Me? I like easy hunts. That simple.

14 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i don't mind a challenge but i also don't like near-imposssible odds. I work. Many of us work. ANd when a drop starts at 11pm my time, and then i work during the day, by that evening new eggs are mixed in with old already and there is no 'fun challenge' about seeing the same cave blockers sitting there that are always sitting there, knowing that being a responsible adult and working has potentially cost me ever getting any of these new eggs, if they turn out to be uncommons or rares that i can never find in cave or trade for

i don't mind a challenge. I do mind never getting a specific egg because i cannot afford the steep trading costs people demand for them, and not having hte hours of free time necessary to camp a biome in the hopes of finally getting one.

Maybe don't go saying people just want things easy without considering the fact not everyone has hours to pour over dragon cave lol. It's not MY fault I have a job and have to work during the peak drop hours of a new drop, and now cannot find any new eggs during that release or afford the trades asked for them. 

This time I got lucky. I was here for the start of the drop and got all my eggs within the hour before I had to go to bed. BUt other times I miss entire drops and have to try and bargain a trade with people for eggs, or rely on generosity from forum members because i just don't have the time to dedicate to it myself

I like DC for the collecting and breeding, but i can't devote 6+ hours camping biomes for uncommon and rare eggs that i happen to miss the initial flood for becuase the drop time is so freakin low before old eggs mix in. If you live in the wrong time zone, and it drops in the middle of the night, that's 8 hours you sleep and 8 hours of work, leaving you with 16 hours AFTER the drop started to try and get eggs. And because people don't want long drops, we get screwed over when old eggs start mixing in, and people that already got their full slots of eggs go back to hunt more of them.

Sorry though. I just find it a bit pretentious of you to just assume everyone getting frustrated just wants easy and fast eggs handed to them. I don't mind hunting. I DO mind hunting when new eggs are gone by the time i get home from work because i'm not lucky to live in a 'chosen' time zone

I know it’s frustrating, but if you have the time, going to a hatchery and clicking the new eggs once they’re in the encyclopedia to unlock them in the market is a possibility, now. As long as you have the crystals, you have the potential to grab the newer eggs, just not at the same time as everyone else.

I work, too, and I don’t always have the time or patience to hunt for rare/uncommon, so that was my strategy to unlock a dragon I knew I wouldn’t be getting anytime soon, so I could get “cbs” without having to hunt for them.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

What do golds have to do with this release? Just askin'

They are THE rares and make for a good example, plus they and silvers are like the only thing most players are left hunting for because of the extreme price difference between them and basicly every other dragon (hold special lineages, and neglected which can't be hunted)

An example of what exactly ? We have no idea if the new release eggs are rare. Rarity really doesn't come into this. Sure some people are asking silly prices for the new eggs; others are not. Deal with people with a sensible idea of "value" rather than gold diggers, and it works fine. This is a thread about the new release, not about ratios, rarity or anything else.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Releases always go for crazy prices and there's always this issue, especially the first few days. I just wait it out a bit and I don't have much of a problem getting my fill of them a couple days after other users lock themselves, to hunt or trade for them.